The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was nice to see Prince Philip attend the wedding even though he does not like the mother of the bride . I didnt think a brawl would start between the two at the wedding...lol.

I think an American name will be given to their baby. Prince Harry seems to have less rules than his older brother.

Last edited:
...I think an American name will be given be given to their baby. Prince Harry seems to have less rules than his older brother.

I think so, too. William and Kate seem to stick with all things traditional and gave their children staid British names. I'd like to think that Meghan and Harry will not feel obligated to adhere to stringent rules and will give their child/ren less traditional British names.

I think so, too. William and Kate seem to stick with all things traditional and gave their children staid British names. I'd like to think that Meghan and Harry will not feel obligated to adhere to stringent rules and will give their child/ren less traditional British names.

The Queen has been more relaxed with the rules with Prince Harry through his whirlwind romance with Meghan. Perhaps she realizes a modern approach is needed in today's society. She has been relaxed with William as well in regards to parenting and holiday functions. What a role model she is in today's world.

The Queen has been more relaxed with the rules with Prince Harry through his whirlwind romance with Meghan. Perhaps she realizes a modern approach is needed in today's society. She has been relaxed with William as well in regards to parenting and holiday functions. What a role model she is in today's world.
My guess is they will not go quite as traditional as William and Kate, but will still follow the "rules" of picking out a meaningful name. In other words, they won't pick a name just because they happen to like it, but because it has a personal meaning and a link to the past. I hope they find a way to link both American and English heritage in the name.

It was nice to see Prince Philip attend the wedding even though he does not like the mother of the bride . I didnt think a brawl would start between the two at the wedding...lol.

I think an American name will be given to their baby. Prince Harry seems to have less rules than his older brother.

Just out of interest, give me some examples of American names, I haven't got a clue!

Just out of interest, give me some examples of American names, I haven't got a clue!
I'm not the OP, but what I think would be nice is a nod to both of their heritages - so perhaps include Doria in the name, for example. It's not an "American" name in the sense that only Americans have that name, but it is a name of an American family member.

What's Doria's mother's name, do we know?

jmo

I'm not the OP, but what I think would be nice is a nod to both of their heritages - so perhaps include Doria in the name, for example. It's not an "American" name in the sense that only Americans have that name, but it is a name of an American family member.

What's Doria's mother's name, do we know?

jmo

Jeanette.

Posted at same time....that's a sign that Jeanette should be the name if the baby is a girl.

Tell Meghan. We got this handled.

Now....a boy's name.....

I'd settle for Rachel Jeanette :) Not sure about third name, maybe Spencer. For a boy, I'd like Geoffrey/Jeffrey with one of Harry's names and a nod to Philip or Charles.

Perhaps not "American", per se, but more relaxed versions of typical British names, alternate spellings, even "nicknames" that become given names in the States. Beth, Betsy, Lil, Lisa, Liz, Liza, Elissa, Eliza, etc. are given names that derive from Elizabeth. Elizabeth I was referred to as Good Queen Bess, but I don't recall hearing a shortened version of the reigning Queen Elizabeth. Same with Victoria. In the states, it's more likely to see names like Vicki (Vicky, Vikki) or Tori (Tory) in place of the more formal Victoria. Not sure what the OP meant, but this is my interpretation of "American" given names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur