Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
GOD BLESS JAYCEE AND HER DAUGHTERS

6a00d8341c2ca253ef0120a560896a970b-400wi

JAYCEE IS A HERO.:blowkiss::blowkiss:
regardless if it is her photo or not :)

I feel I understand why Jaycee stayed and didn't seek out help. Why she accepted her life with Garrido and the girls, but when the chance to tell availed itself, she took it. It took tremendous courage to stay and make a life for herself and her daughters, and it took tremendous courage to speak up and be rescued.

This is just flat-out impossible. Jaycee did not "stay" because she had no choice in the matter. Nor did she refuse help. Why would she trust the police after seeing what miserable failures they were with "paroling" Garrido? Why would she trust any of the neighbors with something so gravely important? My God, she was abducted as a child by a heinous rapist and held captive under the most brutal conditions, particularly the first 3.5 years. It would not be possible for any child to simply try and escape. At all. It's downright bizarre to make such a claim. Plus, her children would always be used by Garrido for even more leverage against her. That's why she wasn't let out until she was pregnant or had given birth to her first child. This is why batterers, like Garrido, are so insistent on their wives or girlfriends having children: it ensures submission. At best, Garrido would have offered her the false choice of, "You can leave, but if you do I'll kill the girls."

To even suggest she "stayed" is to say she had some sort of choice which is insane. Do you honestly think that even just days before all this came to light that Garrido would have just let her leave if she wanted to? Hell no. A man like that is obsessed with control. The man would hunt her like a rabid dog, just like he did with his first wife. Remember that 1976 case where the rape victim even said why not just get the rape over with in the bushes, a suggestion he rejected with, "You're going with me. You have no choice."

You contradicted yourself by saying that when Jaycee was given the chance to leave, she took it. That did not happen until August 2009. So, again, Jaycee didn't "stay." She was a captive who, since the age of 11, has been bartering for her life (and later the life of her girls) with a violent, misogynistic bigot. How she survived is beyond me.

I don't know about that. My understanding of the final day, when they were all being questioned by the parole officers, is that she didn't reveal it right away, but only after being interogated alone did her identity finally come out. Which is kind of interesting, since it implies that if the parole officer had bought whatever explanation Garrido was offering for the existance of the three girls, they would have all gone home and carried on living the way they had been. If that had happened, Jaycee's identity would probably have been lost forever.

Oh, and according to the Inside Edition website, the Dugard family says that the business card photo is not that of Jaycee, but of a model who looks like her:

"And INSIDE EDITION has solved the mystery of a photograph, which accused kidnapper Phillip Garrido used on business cards.

"Garrido told his printing company clients that it's Jaycee. Side-by-side, the model looks like Jaycee does today.

"But family members tell INSIDE EDITION it's a stock photo of a model that Garrido downloaded from the internet."

I've never watched Inside Edition before (looks like tabloid TV), but it seems as valid as any other source listed on these boards (e.g., National Enquirer). And it fits with my belief that that woman in the photo isn't Jaycee: the ears, teeth, and nose don't match, and the jaw is too square. Remember, the only ones who are saying this is her is Garrido, a compulsive liar, and former business associates of his, who probably never much looked or saw Jaycee closely. Then there's also the money angle.

I don't know about that. My understanding of the final day, when they were all being questioned by the parole officers, is that she didn't reveal it right away, but only after being interogated alone did her identity finally come out. Which is kind of interesting, since it implies that if the parole officer had bought whatever explanation Garrido was offering for the existance of the three girls, they would have all gone home and carried on living the way they had been. If that had happened, Jaycee's identity would probably have been lost forever.

What don't you know about? Even if what claim is true (which is most unlikely considering that every press report has said that she came forward that day and said who she was without much prodding, if any), you're saying that after nearly two decades of brutal captivity, starting when she was just 11, that she didn't immediately tell people her real name to cops who couldn't find their way out of a paper bag?

Jesus.

What is it about this photo that is so curious?

I mean ... what is it really all about? Do we just want to see for ourselves if we can see pain in her eyes ... a glimpse of happiness ... what? Seriously ... what are we hoping to gleen from this or any other photos of her or her daughters? Somebody please tell me what it is we are sleuthing?

I find it a bit ridiculous (given the gravity of this whole situation) that we are all here discussing the photo on the business card...To be more specific, it doesn't surprise me but it angers me, that we are here grasping at straws to make heads or tails of what is going on...I have stated my opinion already and will do so again here - there is NO INFORMATION forthcoming and most likely won't be for quite a while because there are so many azzez on the line who didn't do their jobs! Everyone is scrambling around right now trying to explain why for 18 (yes, eighteen) years everyone f'd up!

Again, I hope JC's family sues!

ETA - Sues and WINS.

if it was a stock photo downloaded from the internet, shouldn't we be able to find it?

What don't you know about? Even if what claim is true (which is most unlikely considering that every press report has said that she came forward that day and said who she was without much prodding, if any), you're saying that after nearly two decades of brutal captivity, starting when she was just 11, that she didn't immediately tell people her real name to cops who couldn't find their way out of a paper bag?

Jesus.

From what I've read the timeline was something like this (1) Garrido was summoned to the parole office as a result of the campus officers inquiry. we don't know if the presence of the girls was requested, only that they came as well; (2) The parole officer requested assistance from the police department to find out who exactly "Allissa" was. Why? This seems odd, the family must have been acting strangely enough to arouse suspicions that something was very wrong at this point; (3) I don't know how LE is set up in Concord, I'm assuming that the parole offices and police department are in different places, but, once the police arrived they split everyone up and interogated them separately (again, an odd thing to do, suggesting strong suspicion that something was very wrong at this point). It was only at that point that the truth came out.

All of this must have taken a considerable amount of time, and it must have been very obvious to the family (other than the two daughters) that the game was up. I think it was clear to LE that Alissa wasn't who the family claimed she was, but exactly who she was took some time to determine. For an outside observer this might appear sudden.

From what I've read the timeline was something like this (1) Garrido was summoned to the parole office as a result of the campus officers inquiry. we don't know if the presence of the girls was requested, only that they came as well; (2) The parole officer requested assistance from the police department to find out who exactly "Allissa" was. Why? This seems odd, the family must have been acting strangely enough to arouse suspicions that something was very wrong at this point; (3) I don't know how LE is set up in Concord, I'm assuming that the parole offices and police department are in different places, but, once the police arrived they split everyone up and interogated them separately (again, an odd thing to do, suggesting strong suspicion that something was very wrong at this point). It was only at that point that the truth came out.

All of this must have taken a considerable amount of time, and it must have been very obvious to the family (other than the two daughters) that the game was up. I think it was clear to LE that Alissa wasn't who the family claimed she was, but exactly who she was took some time to determine. For an outside observer this might appear sudden.

Yep. I agree with most of what you're saying and will go a step further. PG wanted to be found. He wouldn't have shown up with his wife, "Allisa" and her girls otherwise. No one knew that they even existed. If he hadn't submitted his declaration to the FBI the week before and wandered around Berkeley campus attempting to give out flyers - nothing would have come out. NOTHING. Just as it hadn't for the 18 years prior.

He was looking to be found IMO and fortunately a couple of astute women paid attention for a change.

MOO

if it was a stock photo downloaded from the internet, shouldn't we be able to find it?

On Wednesday's Inside Edition they talked about the business card picture briefly, and they claimed that according to a family spokesperson the picture in question was a stock photo that Garido had downloaded from the internet and that it wasn't Jaycee.

However, that is a tabloid program, so you can take that for what its worth.

The picture is quite similar to what you would have expected Jaycee to look like though. Her family has said that she looks a lot like she did when she was taken, so, I think that if you look at that old home movie they released, she will probably appear a lot like that, just bigger.

this pic was on the printing for less blog
I thought this one was stock

there is a slight gap if i can see corretly in the front teeth
jaycee.jpg

There is NO WAY any credible witness/source will confirm that picture as one of Jaycee or not. We wait for more evidence. (I do think it looks like her)
The other one, above, does not, IMHO.

this pic was on the printing for less blog
I thought this one was stock

I think this is part of the controversy - there are TWO photos; this one, which everyone has agreed is a stock photo, and the one of the business card, which some have also said is a stock photo, but which people who met 'Alyssa' identified as her.

I think part of the speculation around the photo is the fact that PG would be so brazen about the lackluster response of police in regards to this case, that he would actually put a picture on his business card of his kidnap victim. It's the reverse of one of those 'worlds stupidist criminal' articles that crop up on the internet - only in this case the 'stupid criminal' wasn't caught because of the 'stupid law enforcement' that ignored the signs for years.

Not saying this is actually the case - just that this appears to be the 'folklore' that's building around this picture.

Yep. I agree with most of what you're saying and will go a step further. PG wanted to be found. He wouldn't have shown up with his wife, "Allisa" and her girls otherwise. No one knew that they even existed. If he hadn't submitted his declaration to the FBI the week before and wandered around Berkeley campus attempting to give out flyers - nothing would have come out. NOTHING. Just as it hadn't for the 18 years prior.

He was looking to be found IMO and fortunately a couple of astute women paid attention for a change.

MOO

No, I don't think that was it. I think that sometime after the kidnapping, he came to a realization that he had created a family (however dysfunctional) and over time it had assumed an air of normaly within the Garido household.

You can kind of tell that something must have happened to his attitude because he talks about it in that interview he gave, where he said that everything changed after the second girl was born. He didnt elaborate, but it probably dawned on him that he was a father and maybe he saw a glimmer of something in that which he liked. I suspect that his own childhood was largely loveless, judging from the allmost complete disinterest his father and brother appeared to have in the mother and the discovery that there were two new grandaughters/nieces that they didn't know about. The other bit of evidence that something changed in the Garido houshold at around the time the second child was born is that the rape charges appear to stop at that point.

I think that when Garido was taking the daughters around with him to various locations and eventually to the parole office he believed that he didnt have anything to hide, and that allthough his "family" had been forged in hell, that everything was OK now. I don't think that he wanted to get caught, he just didnt have a very good grasp on the reality of the situation.

No, I don't think that was it. I think that sometime after the kidnapping, he came to a realization that he had created a family (however dysfunctional) and over time it had assumed an air of normaly within the Garido household.

You can kind of tell that something must have happened to his attitude because he talks about it in that interview he gave, where he said that everything changed after the second girl was born. He didnt elaborate, but it probably dawned on him that he was a father and maybe he saw a glimmer of something in that which he liked. I suspect that his own childhood was largely loveless, judging from the allmost complete disinterest his father and brother appeared to have in the mother and the discovery that there were two new grandaughters/nieces that they didn't know about. The other bit of evidence that something changed in the Garido houshold at around the time the second child was born is that the rape charges appear to stop at that point.

I think that when Garido was taking the daughters around with him to various locations and eventually to the parole office he believed that he didnt have anything to hide, and that allthough his "family" had been forged in hell, that everything was OK now. I don't think that he wanted to get caught, he just didnt have a very good grasp on the reality of the situation.
I agree with you natal that this guy probably had "wonderful" delusions about his family but I don't believe for a second that he would have been caught out it he hadn't been looking for it. He flew under the radar for 18 years which makes it obvious that he understood how to hide. He came out. He showed upd and showed himself (delusional) for what he was because, for whatever reason his f'd up mind dictated, it was time to take things forward. Had he not done so, I believe that Jaycee would still be a "missing person" .

Law enforcement did NOTHIN to bring Jc home.

MOO

i searched photo bucket, i put in jaycee dugard name, there is a blonde hair girl that sorta look like all the pics, big beautiful eyes,

im afraid to post it here, dont want to get in trouble. its the first pic when you search for the name

i searched photo bucket, i put in jaycee dugard name, there is a blonde hair girl that sorta look like all the pics, big beautiful eyes,

im afraid to post it here, dont want to get in trouble. its the first pic when you search for the name
But, can you find the exact photo in the denim shirt as a stock photo? That's the real question.

I find it a bit ridiculous (given the gravity of this whole situation) that we are all here discussing the photo on the business card...To be more specific, it doesn't surprise me but it angers me, that we are here grasping at straws to make heads or tails of what is going on...I have stated my opinion already and will do so again here - there is NO INFORMATION forthcoming and most likely won't be for quite a while because there are so many azzez on the line who didn't do their jobs! Everyone is scrambling around right now trying to explain why for 18 (yes, eighteen) years everyone f'd up!

Again, I hope JC's family sues!

ETA - Sues and WINS.

I don't know that trying so hard to understand is wrong as long as the intent is right. For me, it's my way of coping with such a horrible crime and the fact (my community) LE messed up so badly. I need to do whatever is within my power, however little that may be, to help Jaycee and her daughters. I need to make sure LE doesn't drop the ball again and knowledge is the best I can do right now.

I don't want anyone to be discouraged from posting. We all come from different backgrounds and each have different perspectives which can add to more open-minded thinking. It was thinking outside-the-box by the Berkeley University Policewoman, Ally Jacobs, that got Jaycee rescued.

For me and I'm sure MANY other posters it's ALL about Jaycee and her daughters.

I agree with you natal that this guy probably had "wonderful" delusions about his family but I don't believe for a second that he would have been caught out it he hadn't been looking for it. He flew under the radar for 18 years which makes it obvious that he understood how to hide. He came out. He showed upd and showed himself (delusional) for what he was because, for whatever reason his f'd up mind dictated, it was time to take things forward. Had he not done so, I believe that Jaycee would still be a "missing person" .

Law enforcement did NOTHIN to bring JC home.

MOO
You are right, but I will still acknowledge the two female officers at the university who were awake. :)
I hope her family will sue the legal system for criminal negligence. How dare they still have a job, and who else are they endangering with their lazy ineffective work. There was a time that to be an officer meant wanting to do good...Today it means get your lazy azz to work till you can retire early with a pension. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling
Back