The case for murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Ann Rule's book, "Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors" on page 194 in the Kindle version. AR wrote:

"Jonah Shacknai himself was never a suspect in Becky's death. The Ronald McDonald House had security cameras at all its entrances and exits, and even in the hallways that led to rooms. The investigators were able to obtain images of Jonah at the entrance doors to the McDonald House, and in the corridors, arriving and leaving his room. They could absolutely place the times Jonah had gone to his room and then left to sit with Max, and his return to the McDonald House to catch a few hours' sleep. They had videotape of where he was on Tuesday night."

I have been off the board for a while, but try to check in to read up on this case when I can. Thank you all for continuing to post and continuing to figure out what happened.

As much as I love Ann Rule's books, I would like to have a citation for where she got this info. Does anyone here know definitively? Otherwise it's third or fourth hand information. When the WS poster said way back that there was no record of JS coming to the RMDH, I tended to believe that. The RMDH is not the usual place for someone like JS, esp. since they have guidelines about sharing in chores.

https://rmhcsd.org/our-families/services-for-families/rules-and-guidelines.html?format=html

On the other hand, if Ann Rule saw that footage of JS at the RMH, I would like to know about it.

And I am with the rest of you on wondering what, if anything, is going to happen next. It seems so clearcut that this was not a suicide.

I have been off the board for a while, but try to check in to read up on this case when I can. Thank you all for continuing to post and continuing to figure out what happened.

As much as I love Ann Rule's books, I would like to have a citation for where she got this info. Does anyone here know definitively? Otherwise it's third or fourth hand information. When the WS poster said way back that there was no record of JS coming to the RMDH, I tended to believe that. The RMDH is not the usual place for someone like JS, esp. since they have guidelines about sharing in chores.

https://rmhcsd.org/our-families/services-for-families/rules-and-guidelines.html?format=html

On the other hand, if Ann Rule saw that footage of JS at the RMH, I would like to know about it.

And I am with the rest of you on wondering what, if anything, is going to happen next. It seems so clearcut that this was not a suicide.

I tend to believe Ann Rule that there's video of JS at RMH. No reason for her to lie about it. It's easily verifiable by LE.

Re: chores. I honestly don't believe RMH would force a father who's young 6-yo son is in a coma to do chores when it's 1am in the morning when he went to RMH. Presumably he left at 6 or 7am the next morning -- same morning his brother Adam texted him about Rebecca's death. So Jonah was at RMH for only 5-6 hours. No need to do chores then.

No arrests. However, we're approaching the 2 year statute of limitations. In my opinion, the parties involved will soon begin filing their civil suits.

I disagree with the filing of civil suits. I don't think Dina would sue Jonah. In their divorce decree, there are likely injunctions on her regarding litigating against him in the future or she would forfeit any prior monetary endowments from him.

I also don't believe Dina would sue the Zahaus. If she does, her whole sordid violent history as well as her activities during the time of Rebecca's death would come into question in the courts. Dina won't dare open up that can of worms as I believe the evidence would surely show her involvement, and Dina's a coward when confronted by facts and physical evidence. Behind the scenes in the media and online blogs, she stirs things up and makes wild, unfounded accusations, but not in an actual court of law where real tangible evidence has to be presented. Additionally, her "expert" report will be laughed out of court.

Anybody else watching Dr. Phil today covering the case again?

There were pics of the bannister marks and the paint on the wheels of the scooter.
Intriguing. Dr. Wecht and Dr. Melinek, forensic pathologists seem to disagree on some issues. One thing Dr. Wecht, and everyone agrees on, is the need to understand how both deaths occurred. Dr. Wecht is pleading and begging that the San Diego / Coronado Police and decision makers reopened both cases.

Oooh, Dina's on, too! Both sides are getting their time.

Caught me off guard to find this show today, and need to see it again to grasp some points.
Hope some of you got to see this show today.

"Two mysterious deaths within days of each other, and questions loom about both, pitting two families against each other..."

Deadly New Accusations: A Murder Mystery?" trailer
http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1874

Is there a way to see the whole show again?

"Two mysterious deaths within days of each other, and questions loom about both, pitting two families against each other..."

Here you go:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIE_MbeVOzQ"]Dr Phil S011e09 Deadly New Accusations: A Murder Mystery? {Full} - YouTube[/ame]

I missed it. I'm trying to kick the TV habit - too many things in my head I didn't put there. KWIM? I'd like to hear some more about it, though. Mostly, I'm curious about Dina. Has time made her less certain about how Maxie died, or more so?

Thanks!

:tyou: cynic

Thanks so much for the link to watch the whole show again.

In Ann Rule's book, "Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors" on page 194 in the Kindle version. AR wrote:

"Jonah Shacknai himself was never a suspect in Becky's death. The Ronald McDonald House had security cameras at all its entrances and exits, and even in the hallways that led to rooms. The investigators were able to obtain images of Jonah at the entrance doors to the McDonald House, and in the corridors, arriving and leaving his room. They could absolutely place the times Jonah had gone to his room and then left to sit with Max, and his return to the McDonald House to catch a few hours' sleep. They had videotape of where he was on Tuesday night."

On the contrary, Dina Shacknai was not captured on any surveillance videos at the RMH or the hospital Tuesday night. She was only purportedly at the hospital because her "cellphone pinged at the vicinity of the hospital", according to Gore.

This is my first time posting in about 3 years! :scared:

I don't know much about this case, but JS was actually the first one who popped up in my head. I had originally thought that maybe he thought Rebecca could have killed Max, and then killed her in revenge. Some things didn't quite add up about it to me, however.

But then I started reading about Dina, and how she just pretty much disappeared, and my mind went towards maybe Dina killing Rebecca for revenge. That thought was strengthened as soon as I saw your post, basically clearing Jonah of the murder.

Dina killing Rebecca would make sense, with the message on the door: She (RZ) saved him (Max) can you (Jonah) save her (RZ)? A taunting message that sarcastically states that Rebecca "saved" Max, could Jonah "save" his girlfriend from death? To me the message sounds like it's from someone who couldn't let go of a relationship, and then has the bear the weight of her child dying. So what happens? She snaps and kills her ex-husband's girlfriend, to inflict pain on her ex-husband, as well as getting Hammurabi-like revenge on RZ, for not being able to save Dina and Jonah's son.

jmo :moo:

I've been curious. Does anyone know why Jennifer Vigil is no longer at the Coronado Patch?

I think it's odd, and perhaps manipulative, for Dr. Melinek to refer to Dina as Mrs. Shacknai.

This is all a replay of the show last year though, right? Even so, I'm happy to see it coming up again.

I've been curious. Does anyone know why Jennifer Vigil is no longer at the Coronado Patch?

I don't think she's gone. There are still articles being posted under her name and she is still described as "Editor." Perhaps there's more than one editor, or maybe they each have a different focus or scope of responsibility. Or maybe a transition is taking place and she'll soon be gone. If she is leaving sometime soon, I hope she's leaving for a good opportunity.

I think it's odd, and perhaps manipulative, for Dr. Melinek to refer to Dina as Mrs. Shacknai.

This is all a replay of the show last year though, right? Even so, I'm happy to see it coming up again.

omg Time ! Hi and TY for pointing that out. I noticed that too and I immediately thought hmmm did she keep his name? I always heard her name as DR. and...have always thought a motive for #sheWhoShallNotBeNamed to be angry enough to commit murder was not in vengeance or maternal despair but because with MS gone she would not be getting the same amount of child support. (alimony maybe ...but child support?) maybe a perfect storm - D - All of the above

I bet that was a pretty hefty number with the company and all.. don't you? Is that a matter of public record.

I believe their divorce settlement is not public :(

No matter what, she is NOT Mrs. Shacknai and Dr. Melinek knows that full well. No reason to call her that since they were divorced and had been for a while ... I think it was planned since calling her Mrs. Shacknai makes Jonah and Rebecca's relationship seem like less, even illicit. Didn't Dina go by Dina Romano after the divorce, at least for a while?

I agree with you, I suspect the motive was due to losing her place in the Shacknai wealth train. She may have other $$ agreements, but she would not get child support (and maybe not alimony? Not sure how that works if there is no child to take care of). I think someone here knew more about the housing arrangement. My recollection is that she did get the house in Phoenix already, but I suspect she no longer had rights to live in the Coronado house. And, we know she is not a part of Jonah and his kids social circle. I thought it was very telling that she told the story in the media about him not contributing to her charity. Why would he when he has his own for Max? Why would he given the sloppy nature and vindictiveness of it? And, when she is possibly getting paid through it (anyone know?)

I believe their divorce settlement is not public :(

No matter what, she is NOT Mrs. Shacknai and Dr. Melinek knows that full well. No reason to call her that since they were divorced and had been for a while ... I think it was planned since calling her Mrs. Shacknai makes Jonah and Rebecca's relationship seem like less, even illicit. Didn't Dina go by Dina Romano after the divorce, at least for a while?

I agree with you, I suspect the motive was due to losing her place in the Shacknai wealth train. She may have other $$ agreements, but she would not get child support (and maybe not alimony? Not sure how that works if there is no child to take care of). I think someone here knew more about the housing arrangement. My recollection is that she did get the house in Phoenix already, but I suspect she no longer had rights to live in the Coronado house. And, we know she is not a part of Jonah and his kids social circle. I thought it was very telling that she told the story in the media about him not contributing to her charity. Why would he when he has his own for Max? Why would he given the sloppy nature and vindictiveness of it? And, when she is possibly getting paid through it (anyone know?)

You are correct about their divorce case being sealed. As far as the house that Dina lives in in PV, Jonah finally quit claimed that to her earlier this year........it is public record. Dina only had access to the G Ave property in Coronado until Max turned 18, but since his death, she has lost that.

You are correct about their divorce case being sealed. As far as the house that Dina lives in in PV, Jonah finally quit claimed that to her earlier this year........it is public record. Dina only had access to the G Ave property in Coronado until Max turned 18, but since his death, she has lost that.

Thank you... I thought you had posted on this before! :seeya:

After all this time has passed I still think that one or more of us on this very Forum have solved this case, and have not agreed with the authorities in doing just that. I am still amazed at our abilities, and our determinations, and every now and then I want to stop by here two years after joining, and thank each one of you for continuing the fight, for continuing the search for continuing the quest for the truth. Thanks!!!!!

Nice to see ya Bonepile!

IP - I greatly respect your opinion, but I can't see anyway given what we know that DRS was not the instigator. :websleuther:

Nice to see ya Bonepile!

IP - I greatly respect your opinion, but I can't see anyway given what we know that DRS was not the instigator. :websleuther:

ITA with this. Although I am, as ever, thankful for IP's input. I can't see how it wasn't DRS as the instigator. Haven't we been told that JS is shown on video throughout the times in question (regarding RZ)? So how could have it been him? Expounding on IP's statement I still would love to see those boarding passes. Shouldn't the Z's lawsuit encompass that as well? I've never believed what we've been told about the day that MS was so horribly injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay