The case for murder

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you looking at the same pictures the rest of us are? The table is not in the same spot. :waitasec:
Yes I am. In one the legs look like they are cut off or shorter but it's a shadow, they are touching the grass just like in the other one. Look carefully. Camera angles often make things look differently.

Ah - thanks for finding that, Rhyme. I could have sworn I'd seen it previously in the photo montage @ the other SDSO link, but I forgot about the images that were in the Power Point. My bad.

I saved all the images to my computer, though.

No problem. I also went back & copied all reports & pictures to my computer.

Nothing new here, just an article I found while looking for that other article.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/sisters-quest-justice-for-becky

Just wanted to say something about that article. The sister is quotes as saying this:

Attorney Anne Bremner is representing the family and has appeared on national talk shows to argue their case. Shacknai's attorneys have threatened her with legal action for her statements.

Horwath does not understand why and said neither Bremner or the family has directly accused anyone of being responsible for Zahau's death.

“What wrong did we do to them? We're just trying to find what happened to our sister. What is it that's illegal about doing that?” she said.

I don't understand why she says they've been told it's illegal to try to find what happened to RZ when JS's lawyer's letter specifically says there is no objection to their quest for a private investigation into RZ's death. It only asks that their lawyer stop making damaging and false statements about him.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15466715/questions-linger-in-coronado-mansion-hanging-death

Link also has information on time balcony doors closed or open.

A second photo – taken during darkness sometime after 3:32 a.m. on July 14 – was shot from inside the bedroom and shows both balcony doors closed.

I noticed the question of why both balcony doors were closed during the daylight hours wasn't addressed.

News 8 reviewed the helicopter footage in question, recorded at approximately 4:45 p.m. on July 13.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15466715/questions-linger-in-coronado-mansion-hanging-death

I'm satisfied that both balcony doors were opened sometime after 3:32 a.m. on July 14 (photo #3) during processing & photographing of the crime scene, in order to fully illustrate the rope going over the railing.

I'm not satisfied at all with the official answer as to why both balcony doors were closed sometime after 3:32 a.m. on July 14, especially since photo #2 should be a depiction of the exact position of the balcony doors as they were found upon entering the interior crime scene. If a "breeze" blew the left door shut, then it should have been reopened prior to photographing pic #2, so that the original, unaltered interior crime scene could have been captured.

We still don't have an answer to the question of why both balcony doors were closed @ approximately 4:45 p.m. on July 13 when the News 8 helicopter captured the footage of them closed.

If it's ever officially addressed, I expect a "breeze" to blow again.

I would like to take this opportunity to extend a genuine WELCOME to any News 8 reporters that may read here & to give them a big THANK YOU for reviewing the news footage & for asking the questions that need to be asked. Keep it up! Good job!

A second photo – taken during darkness sometime after 3:32 a.m. on July 14 – was shot from inside the bedroom and shows both balcony doors closed.

I noticed the question of why both balcony doors were closed during the daylight hours wasn't addressed.

News 8 reviewed the helicopter footage in question, recorded at approximately 4:45 p.m. on July 13.

I'm satisfied that both balcony doors were opened sometime after 3:32 a.m. on July 14 (photo #3) during processing & photographing of the crime scene, in order to fully illustrate the rope going over the railing.

I'm not satisfied at all with the official answer as to why both balcony doors were closed sometime after 3:32 a.m. on July 14, especially since photo #2 should be a depiction of the exact position of the balcony doors as they were found upon entering the interior crime scene. If a "breeze" blew the left door shut, then it should have been reopened prior to photographing pic #2, so that the original, unaltered interior crime scene could have been captured.

We still don't have an answer to the question of why both balcony doors were closed @ approximately 4:45 p.m. on July 13 when the News 8 helicopter captured the footage of them closed.

If it's ever officially addressed, I expect a "breeze" to blow again.

I would like to take this opportunity to extend a genuine WELCOME to any News 8 reporters that may read here & to give them a big THANK YOU for reviewing the news footage & for asking the questions that need to be asked. Keep it up! Good job!

A great chart for that day for those interested. Gives time, wind, gusts, temp, etc.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCACORON15&month=7&day=13&year=2011

A case for murder. There were two people that night. One on the property, one a few blocks away, who:

1 Had a motive, Max's injury

2 Had a family member who was very hurt/grieving, due to Max's accident

3 Had access/opportunity. AS in the guest house, able to get the knife from the main house. NR knew victim, had phone number of victim, was staying 2-5 blocks away. AS and NR also know each other and their respective family members. NR had tried to get in contact with Rebecca at 10:41, to discuss Max's accident.

4 Method. Here is the biggie! Both experienced in boating. Knew how to use rope, and tie knots.

One tip of an iceberg?

Long post and may be hocus pocus, but still interesting.

http://edpetersonnumerology.com/

Rebecca Nalepa

9525331 513571 50

her path of destiny = 50 = Family troubles.

Rebecca M. Nalepa

RMN 45

her undoing number = 45 = Bitter relationship. Things go horribly wrong. Unsolved mysteries.

Rebecca M. Nalepa

9525331 4 513571 54

her path of destiny = 54 = Inquiry. Things are not as they appear. Anybody’s guess.

Each letter of the first name rules 9 years of life. Ages 27 to 54 are ruled by the sum of the 4th, 5th, and 6th letters of the name.

Rebecca Nalepa

5 (e is the 5th letter of the alphabet) + 3 (c is the 3rd letter of the alphabet) + 3 (c is the 3rd letter of the alphabet) = 11

So from ages twenty-seven to fifty-four she had the number 11 going on.

11 = Consequences. Need for justice.
**************************************************************************************
<modsnip>

I copied this post from another page, for reference.

Here are a few visual aids. I hope to have some more soon.
I think it should be abundantly clear that I am not an artist, LOL, but this should give a reasonable approximation of what is being described in the autopsy report.

:
2nhm3br.jpg

1o5155.jpg

wgz19i.jpg

316wz95.jpg

j96hyc.jpg

This is a blow up of the stairwell railing:
railing-1.jpg

Notice the thin, raised linear detail in the handrail. Then refer to the autopsy, and cynic's fantasic rendering of the injuries to Rebecca.
Page 9
.....on the posterolateral right neck, there is a pair of thin linear marks. They converge from being separated by a distance of 1 inch posteriorly to distance of 1/2 inch anteriorly, just to the right of midline.

I'm also wondering if the subgaleal hemorrhages could be from contact with the square edges of the newel post. Perhaps the most superior hemorrhage from being struck with something to incapacitate her, and the others from being held over the railing and manually strangled. Which I think could account for the 'extra' marks on her neck, the hemorrhages to the SCM, the fractures of the cricoid and the odd abrasion to her trapezius. I'm thinking that Rebecca was held over the railing, face up, and manually strangled with the right hand of the perp, just above her clavicle, possibly banging her head into the corners of the newel post. Then tied up and beaten possibly, and tossed over the balcony.
IMO.

Additionally, re: SCM hemorrhage, per Di Maio:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Xy...&resnum=6&ved=0CEMQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

The distinguishing characteristic of an antemortem fracture is hemorrhage at the fracture site.

This also details a serial killer who was killing intoxicated women by manual strangulation. Said the level of unconsciousness ultimately determined the amount of external and internal trauma to the neck structures from the amount of struggle the victim put up.

Cynic may have already said all this....sorry if I reposted.

Additionally, re: SCM hemorrhage, per Di Maio:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Xy...&resnum=6&ved=0CEMQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

This also details a serial killer who was killing intoxicated women by manual strangulation. Said the level of unconsciousness ultimately determined the amount of external and internal trauma to the neck structures from the amount of struggle the victim put up.

Cynic may have already said all this....sorry if I reposted.

The post above and your previous post have given me much to think about. I do believe that Rebecca was already dead, prior to being hung. I think the majority of what occurred was in the 1 to 1:30 time frame, when the loud music was heard by neighbors.

Why, if they wanted it to look like a suicide, due to grief concerning Max, did they not hang her from the 2nd floor balcony? This to me is one of the greatest arguments against suicide also.

The post above and your previous post have given me much to think about. I do believe that Rebecca was already dead, prior to being hung. I think the majority of what occurred was in the 1 to 1:30 time frame, when the loud music was heard by neighbors.

Why, if they wanted it to look like a suicide, due to grief concerning Max, did they not hang her from the 2nd floor balcony? This to me is one of the greatest arguments against suicide also.

And why didn't they take the thing out of her mouth, untie her hands and feet, and make her write a sad apology suicide note? What scenario makes more sense - murder to look like suicide or suicide to look like murder?

And why didn't they take the thing out of her mouth, untie her hands and feet, and make her write a sad apology suicide note? What scenario makes more sense - murder to look like suicide or suicide to look like murder?

If she were tied up first and then un-tied, there would be rope marks on her hands and feet.

You have to wonder about the decision to hang from back bedroom balcony - since AS was staying right next to crime scene.

So, if murder - either the person(s) did not know he was visiting vs family involved.
If suicide, RN wanted AS to find her and call his brother with shocking news vs RN thought JS was coming home in the early am hours and would look out bedroom window, then be shocked by what he saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28