The case for murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one amazing article. Thank you so much for finding and posting it. From the contents of those interviews to think it is suicide, has ever been suicide is simply ludicrous. Thanks again.

From the San Diego Reader article:
“She did not feel responsible. She said it was a horrible accident. She said she doesn’t know for sure what happened. She just remembered that he was playing in the hallway, and she told me that she was in the bathroom, and she heard this loud crash. And so she came out running, and she said she found Max on the floor, unconscious.”
Max's AR said she last saw him in the kitchen. And Rebecca said Max uttered "Ocean" so how was he already unconscious.

Just one amazing article. Thank you so much for finding and posting it. From the contents of those interviews to think it is suicide, has ever been suicide is simply ludicrous. Thanks again.
What in the article makes you think that "suicide is simply ludicrous?"

I found the article in question a bit revealing about Rebecca's family and what they are going through. I'm not too fond of them continuing their complaints of the Shacknai family however. What if the Shacknai's came out with a complaint of Rebecca? The media would have a feeding frenzy!

Could it be possible that the helicopters arrived before the le?

According to the AR, Coronado Police Department personnel arrived shortly after AS placed a 911 call @ 6:48 a.m., and the Coronado PD personnel began CPR. Coronado Fire Department also responded and advised that CPR be discontinued due to rigor mortis in RZ's jaw.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...TItOWM1Mi00NGE4LWEyZDgtMjc3OWUxZTYzYmY5&hl=en

According to this article:

At 8:20 a.m., Coronado police, which does not have a full-time homicide unit, requested the San Diego County Sheriff's Department's assistance.

Source: "Violent" Death at Coronado Mansion | NBC San Diego

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Cops-Investigate-Death-at-Coronado-Mansion-125493288.html

In this still image taken from the media helicopter footage, first responder equipment can be seen lying on the ground near RZ's body (evidence that the Coronado PD & the Coronado FD had already arrived on the scene before the image was filmed). The balcony doors are closed & there is no rope over the railing.

https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/xJBccc

There's no doubt in my mind that the crime scene was contaminated by someone in the Coronado PD (they have no homicide unit, therefore they lack training in CSI) prior to the Sheriff's Dept. homicide investigators arriving.

At this point, I wonder how many other areas of the crime scene were contaminated prior to the SDSO arriving?

Were other pieces of evidence or other items moved or touched? The balcony floor was stepped on. The rope was removed from the railing. The balcony doors were closed.

Were the knives touched or moved? The paint brushes? The tube of black paint? The white plastic trash bag that was photographed covering the tube of paint? The white wicker chair? The cell phone? The towel in the hallway? How did that fabric softener sheet get onto the floor between the two knives?

Exactly Sorrell Skye!! And with all the sloppiness, it makes me truly wonder if that even is a boot print made by a LE officer.

Exactly Sorrell Skye!! And with all the sloppiness, it makes me truly wonder if that even is a boot print made by a LE officer.

I agree, Sunnie. After everything we've learned, I have zero confidence in the investigative findings.

I agree, Sunnie. After everything we've learned, I have zero confidence in the investigative findings.

I'm standing in the same spot you are. The only place on the balcony, where someone could have pushed Rebecca over.:maddening:

Contaminated? Come on, there is no evidence of anyone else being at the crime scene-no DNA or fingerprints, remember? Only a boot print.
:floorlaugh:

Could it be possible that the helicopters arrived before the le?

Even if they did, that would not explain the closed door, because in official LE photo, the door is clearly opened.

Wow. This is unbelievable and (IMO) absolutely heartless, if true.

"The police have been in contact only one time [with us] after we had called them dozens of times,” says Mary. “That’s the other thing. We never got an official death notification from them. That one call from Jonah [to husband D] was what we had. But the police did call us after my husband had contacted them several times. In the entire investigation they talked to me only once, to ask me a few questions but basically to convince me that it was a suicide."
....and more at link.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2011/sep/14/citylights2-rebecca-zahau/

(Great find, Brit!)

Even if they did, that would not explain the closed door, because in official LE photo, the door is clearly opened.

Here's a link to a video that seems to show the rope dangling:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/q...edirected=true

Is mysterious mansion death a murder or suicide? at approximately 34 seconds.

You may have to fiddle a bit with the link- maybe copy it rather than just clicking on it. But the doors are closed.

Wow. This is unbelievable and (IMO) absolutely heartless, if true.

....and more at link.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2011/sep/14/citylights2-rebecca-zahau/

(Great find, Brit!)

Thanks again, Brit and from the link above ..

But why persist, when four independent law enforcement bodies have arrived at the same conclusion: suicide?

“Well, at this point, Rebecca was never given a chance to voice what happened to her. So we are her voice now, and I’m going to do everything I can to make known what her voice was.”

And we should do all we can to make her voice be heard. RIP Rebecca.

They must have realized almost immediately that something was hinky. Bound woman is not going to be able to close those double doors behind her.
Especially since the doors swing inward- contrary to the sketch produced by LE, which shows them swinging outward!

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/09/14/rebecca-zahau-case-the-geometry-in-rebeccas-fall/#more-7922

So the cops arrive, they speak with AS, then notice the impossibility of the closed door, if this is a suicide. Could a killer be lurking inside, maybe with the intent of harming LE? It is decided that someone must go in to make sure the killer is gone. Officer Onefoot is selected to make the reccy. He hops up the back stairs and gingerly approaches the guest bedroom, draws his gun and scans the room. Goes to the doors, opens them, and waves the all clear to his team, then closes the doors. Carefully edges away and goes back downstairs. Sometime later, the copters arrive and film the closed doors, with the rope protruding from between them. (I really do think the rope is visible in the link I posted upthread).

Incidentally, I believe that officers are within their rights to enter a building in which a violent felon might be lurking, and a search warrant would not be needed at that time.

Now LE knows at least two things. the specifics of which they are keeping from the public. The door with the writing, and the fact that the balcony doors were closed behind the person who supposedly committed suicide.
The killer- if there is one- now thinks he has gotten away with it. Maybe there are more withheld details which will flush him/her out.

IMO

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15466715/questions-linger-in-coronado-mansion-hanging-death

News 8 reviewed the helicopter footage in question, recorded at approximately 4:45 p.m. on July 13. Jonah's brother Adam Shacknai told police he found Zahau hanging around 6:45 a.m. that same day and called 911.

A freeze frame of the afternoon helicopter video clearly showed the rope hanging from the balcony in the exact same position as the evidence photo taken earlier in the day.

"The rope was hanging over the balcony from the moment (officers) arrived on scene until they seized it later in the evening as evidence," said Lt. Nesbit

Link also has information on time balcony doors closed or open.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15466715/questions-linger-in-coronado-mansion-hanging-death

Link also has information on time balcony doors closed or open.

Lt. N believes in one of the photos the door was closed by breeze? How likely is that considering the doors open into the room, not into the outside. How is the breeze going to close the door, unless he is claiming the breeze was coming from the inside of the room? Lt. N also claims the first photo was taken by police shows the door open and the rope. Was that before or after Officer Onefoot put his boot print onto the balcony? It certainly appears to me at least one officer got onto the balcony before they started taking photos (since boot print is in the photos and I presume they would rather have the photos without the boot print right next to RN's toe prints).

Lt. N believes in one of the photos the door was closed by breeze? How likely is that considering the doors open into the room, not into the outside. How is the breeze going to close the door, unless he is claiming the breeze was coming from the inside of the room? Lt. N also claims the first photo was taken by police shows the door open and the rope. Was that before or after Officer Onefoot put his boot print onto the balcony? It certainly appears to me at least one officer got onto the balcony before they started taking photos (since boot print is in the photos and I presume they would rather have the photos without the boot print right next to RN's toe prints).
The breeze could have come from one of the windows in the room.

So your thinking is that Officer Onefoot may have contaminated the room and balcony in other ways?

Where are the windows in that room? Were they even open, if they exist? I really want to see who matches the print and the boot/shoe that it matches.

Where are the windows in that room? Were they even open, if they exist? I really want to see who matches the print and the boot/shoe that it matches.

The one window next to the balcony in the photo appears to be closed.

The breeze could have come from one of the windows in the room.

So your thinking is that Officer Onefoot may have contaminated the room and balcony in other ways?

If the door was closed to begin with, whoever got on the balcony would have to open it. Of course it might have been open to begin with but I don't know how we would figure that out. I don't know if the photo by a police officer showing an open balcony door was taken before or after Officer Onefoot got his boot print onto the balcony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop