The case for murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those same marks caught my eye a few days ago when I started studying the AR more closely, and I've been trying to make sense of them.

They are described as "thin, red lines" or "thin, linear marks", which sounds as if they were not deep (like the furrow from the rope).

On the back of the neck, 1/8 inch below & parallel to the ligature furrow, there is a thin, red line measuring 2 1/2 inches in length.

On the right-front neck & the right-lateral neck, there are two thin linear marks, parallel with the ligature furrow. From the wording in the AR, I can't tell if these two marks are above or below the ligature furrow, or how long each one of them are.

I've been reading about ligature marks this morning, and I learned that if a person is strangled but the ligature is removed immediately after death, the ligature won't necessarily leave a furrow. According to what I've read, the furrow develops with prolonged postmortem contact. I didn't save the link, but if anyone wants it, I'll try to find it. It makes sense that the rope left a pronounced furrow, since she was hanging for several hours.

IMO, these three thin, red lines seem out of place. I'm wondering if she may have been strangled with a thin ligature prior to hanging (not necessarily strangled to death, but perhaps strangled to unconsciousness).

That's my current two cents regarding the thin red lines. Of course, I'm no forensic expert (nor am I a chemist lol).

I truly feel your :twocents: is worth about 2 billion dollars and I agree 100% with your theory!!

Another thought!! WHO were the people that were seen packing suitcases into a car the day Rebecca died? Were they guests? Hired help? Friends of JS? Renters as some have said?

Why didn't they check about the loud music at 1 am? What did they hear or see, if anything? Were they even questioned?

I know there is 'being at the right place at the wrong time', but this is potentially someone who could know something. Wonder if the Zahou family knows who they are and if they have talked with them?

Another thought!! WHO were the people that were seen packing suitcases into a car the day Rebecca died? Were they guests? Hired help? Friends of JS? Renters as some have said?

Why didn't they check about the loud music at 1 am? What did they hear or see, if anything? Were they even questioned?

I know there is 'being at the right place at the wrong time', but this is potentially someone who could know something. Wonder if the Zahou family knows who they are and if they have talked with them?

More great questions with no answers. Seems to be what this "case" is about. It really needs to be re-opened. :banghead:

It is disheartening that people on a forum board can list and question evidence, circumstances and events, but that LE states their casework is 'ironclad'.

It is disheartening that people on a forum board can list and question evidence, circumstances and events, but that LE states their casework is 'ironclad'.

Let us not forget that "iron" rusts, discolors, and eventually breaks apart.

I really wonder with 11 investigators going over this case if they ever once questioned it as a murder, ever once thought of someone else as the perp, ever once questioned many of the things we have questioned (and continue to question) here, and will ever re-open a case which seems finalized by them as suicide?

It appears to me that LE decided early on this was a suicide, and then worked to prove that conclusion. If some new evidence develops to prove otherwise I am sure that they will re-open the case. But clearly somebody else other than LE would have to provide that new evidence.

It appears to me that LE decided early on this was a suicide, and then worked to prove that conclusion. If some new evidence develops to prove otherwise I am sure that they will re-open the case. But clearly somebody else other than LE would have to provide that new evidence.

Looks like someone at least from SD municipal thinks other factors than merely finding the "truth" were at work in this case:

"One fireman who works in Coronado whom we interviewed under conditions of anonymity, thought that the finding of suicide was based on "a balance between efficiency and effectiveness", claiming that the City of Coronado's police department was highly efficient, but not as effective in responding to high profile suspicious death incidents.

He also told us that Coronado wanted to protect its revenue sources that were highly dependent on tourism, that the County Sheriff's office saw this as a "political hot potato", and that both departments, because of political and other concerns, wanted the case closed and forgotten."..........

Continue reading on Examiner.com Jonah Shacknai doubted Rebecca Zahau committed suicide - National News Analysis | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...rebecca-zahau-committed-suicide#ixzz1XrVgJDjK

Wanted the case closed and forgotten? If true, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Question?? This is a screenshot of an item being removed during the investigation. This is NOT the door, so what is it????
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/saVbabi

Great find, Sunnie!

I remember reading about & discussing a large, framed object (it was speculated to be either a picture or a mirror) being removed from the house following RZ's death.

The technicians are wearing gloves, so I'm inclined to believe it's an item of potential evidence.

I can see a narrow frame around the object,and it looks like the back side of it is facing the photographer - so I think the reports we read about a picture or mirror being collected are correct.

I don't recall anything being said about this item in the PC - does anyone else?

Great find, Sunnie!

I remember reading about & discussing a large, framed object (it was speculated to be either a picture or a mirror) being removed from the house following RZ's death.

The technicians are wearing gloves, so I'm inclined to believe it's an item of potential evidence.

I can see a narrow frame around the object,and it looks like the back side of it is facing the photographer - so I think the reports we read about a picture or mirror being collected are correct.

I don't recall anything being said about this item in the PC - does anyone else?

Nothing at all. And the carpet that is listed. What was found and why was is removed?

Looks like someone at least from SD municipal thinks other factors than merely finding the "truth" were at work in this case:

"One fireman who works in Coronado whom we interviewed under conditions of anonymity, thought that the finding of suicide was based on "a balance between efficiency and effectiveness", claiming that the City of Coronado's police department was highly efficient, but not as effective in responding to high profile suspicious death incidents.

He also told us that Coronado wanted to protect its revenue sources that were highly dependent on tourism, that the County Sheriff's office saw this as a "political hot potato", and that both departments, because of political and other concerns, wanted the case closed and forgotten."..........

Continue reading on Examiner.com Jonah Shacknai doubted Rebecca Zahau committed suicide - National News Analysis | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...rebecca-zahau-committed-suicide#ixzz1XrVgJDjK

Also from that same article it states that JS said: "Do you know anyone that would want to hurt her?" (Her being RZ) and

He didn't mention leaving her a voicemail at all, (telling her that his 6-year-old son Maxfield had taken a turn for the worse, and was unlikely to recover).

Interesting change of attitude? Or recognizing a sense of the public sentiment? Or both?

Great question! And what was in the suitcases?

IMO, I would not imagine anyone would have been able to take anything out of the mansion property until the scene was cleared, especially since the death was determined to be "violent" and "suspicious".

Great find, Sunnie!

When I brought that up recently, someone said it was the door (the one the message was written on). But I don't know...

When I brought that up recently, someone said it was the door (the one the message was written on). But I don't know...

It doesn't look long enough to be a door (to my eye) and I do think I see an edge that looks like a frame.

Noppers, not long enough to be a full sized bedroom door, as it appears to be different than in the LE PC pictures

sdcali,

I thought it might have been the door only because the door was mentioned during the PC. I hadn't gone back and looked at the picture (was recalling off the top of my head what was removed and presented to the public as evidence).....#1 mistake in this case.

So what the he!! did they remove; and why did they not mention it during the PC??

score

Cynic, you are absolutely amazing....Sunnie, you too.....I'm so impressed with the level of detail in everyone's posts.

I believe it was murder. I don't know by whom, but I don't believe for one second that Rebecca did this to herself. There are too many discrepancies to count...with her injuries being inconsistent with suicide being foremost in my mind. Next...i don't care how confident and secure you are, no woman would put herself on display like that...nude and outside.

MOO

Cynic, you are absolutely amazing....Sunnie, you too.....I'm so impressed with the level of detail in everyone's posts.

I believe it was murder. I don't know by whom, but I don't believe for one second that Rebecca did this to herself. There are too many discrepancies to count...with her injuries being inconsistent with suicide being foremost in my mind. Next...i don't care how confident and secure you are, no woman would put herself on display like that...nude and outside.

MOO

I work with living patients, so I can guarantee that Cynic is the true expert among us!! There are many fantastic posters on these threads and I have learned a lot from all of them!! It's great to see you here, I enjoyed the posts you made in Caylee's threads!!

Bringing an old post of mine over:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...TItOWM1Mi00NGE4LWEyZDgtMjc3OWUxZTYzYmY5&hl=en

Page 9:
Bold and color by me~

and, same page, same section:

Maybe cynic or Sunnie or sorrell skye will see something different in those statements, but for me that says there were OTHER marks on her neck, other than the ligature furrow - SEPARATED BY AN AREA OF PALLOR. Hmmmmmm. Where would those come from? The t-shirt was over the rope, so that doesn't work. If the rope simply slipped, there should be abrasions, but those are not mentioned.

Would a large knife pressed against one's neck make these kinds of markings :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member