The case for murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bourne ~ I'd bet you a fiver that "that friend" is a doctor who is a neighbor of JS' in AZ, and also happened to have arrived in San Diego - Coronado the day before RZ met her violent suspicious death. IMO painting a picture that JS was devoted and madly in love with RZ would make it seem close to impossible to fathom that he could be directly or indirectly involved in her murder, at least in the public's eye. Mr. Machiavelli himself..

As to my thoughts on parallels between JonBenet and RZ case, I will get back to you on that ASAP. Am up to my ears in work at the moment...

Supposedly Jonah's close friend, Denise R, had been quoted telling reporters that proposal story. I just ran her name and she claimed to be a long time friend of Jonah's close friend for decades. From articles in papers, the published police reports, and statements in the Anne Rule book, it appears every single one of Jonah's friends were concerned about the misery and chaos Dina brought into Jonah's life. So even if the proposal seemed far fetched, the wishful thinking for Jonah's happiness was likely very real.

I think that it is kind of obvious why Jonah's relationship would be spun: so that the general public would not consider him a suspect because he loved her so much that he had intended to propose to her......Remember, perception (of the public) is extremely important to Jonah........and to many, perception becomes reality.

I don't think it's obvious. Otherwise I wouldn't ask.

I know in the past you've indicated that you think Jonah masterminded the murder of Becky, that he somehow manipulated Dina to do the actual killing for him. Well, I for one, don't see that.

I think he genuinely loved Becky and even though he was too much of a push-over for his teen kids and didn't stand up for Becky, that doesn't mean he didn't love her. It means he, like some parents, do not know how to show love to their kids without spoiling them and always letting them get their way.

Many parents falsely believe that throwing money and expensive gifts and allowing their children to run wild and free is the way to show their kids that they love them. Many don't even want to use the word "No" to their kids. Jonah, and maybe even Dina -- with her drawer full of candy for Max -- may be these types of parents. There's nothing wrong with pampering your children until they overstep the bounds and either disrespect you or someone you love. In Becky's case, the teens disrespected Becky. Becky felt that, and wanted Jonah to set limits for his teens. But he didn't. She was disappointed and questioned his love for her. Does that mean he did not love her at all? No, I doubt that.

I don't know why PR would need to spin anything about Jonah. Even if he did propose to Becky and they were engaged, that doesn't automatically mean he did not kill Becky. There have been numerous murder cases whereby a lover/spouse/partner became jealous or enraged about something and killed the ones they love. Sometimes it's because they feel they're losing the one they loved to someone else so they strike out in violent manners. It's called passionate kills.

Supposedly Jonah's close friend, Denise R, had been quoted telling reporters that proposal story. I just ran her name and she claimed to be a long time friend of Jonah's close friend for decades. From articles in papers, the published police reports, and statements in the Anne Rule book, it appears every single one of Jonah's friends were concerned about the misery and chaos Dina brought into Jonah's life. So even if the proposal seemed far fetched, the wishful thinking for Jonah's happiness was likely very real.

I don't think it's farfetched on Jonah's friends' part to think he intended to propose to Becky. Maybe that's what he had said in the past. Who really knows except Jonah and Becky? And I think if Becky kept a daily journal and that journal is fully disclosed -- not just one or two excerpts -- we could find out a lot more about what exactly transpired between Jonah and Becky in the two years they were together, and whether in fact (or not) Jonah had proposed to Becky or given her that indication or given her an engagement ring. As it is, we're getting everything from news articles or Ann Rule's book, or even insiders -- which people are claiming are hearsay right now as we cannot verify any of the info with primary sources.

In a few short hours, it will be 2013. I'm hoping for justice this year. The AG will open the investigation, someone will talk.

It's past time to have the authorities take another look at this. It's time for Justice and Truth for Becky and Max.

So many people know everything isn't as it's been presented, so carefully and wrapped in a bow. How in the world can California allow this to happen?

2013--I hope this year we see justice and truth.

Okay I was provided with this web link for pic of Becky wearing what looks to be an "engagement ring" on her left ring finger. Is it an engagement ring from Jonah? IDK You can decide for yourself. lol

http://i54.tinypic.com/33cwtv7.png

Okay I was provided with this web link for pic of Becky wearing what looks to be an "engagement ring" on her left ring finger. Is it an engagement ring from Jonah? IDK You can decide for yourself. lol

Hi Bourne, and happy new year.

Thanks for sharing the pic. If I had been shown that pic, and didn't know who the 2 people were, I'd assume it was a formal engagement portrait. RZ appears to me to be "displaying" her left hand with fingers extended, in a non-natural position. From my view, she is showing off the ring on her left finger.

But who knows. Maybe it was just an expensive gift, and not a promise ring. I view that thru my own cultural filter, so it looks like an engagement portrait to me.

But it does certainly appear to be a posed professional portrait, and not something like a cell phone snapshot. Which says that for whatever reason, they wanted to have a professional portrait taken. You didn't share the date of the photo; maybe it was an engagement portrait not yet released to others at the time of her murder?

But thanks for sharing it. It's good to see her in happier times. She really was a beautiful woman.

Thanks for sharing the pic. If I had been shown that pic, and didn't know who the 2 people were, I'd assume it was a formal engagement portrait. RZ appears to me to be "displaying" her left hand with fingers extended, in a non-natural position. From my view, she is showing off the ring on her left finger.

But who knows. Maybe it was just an expensive gift, and not a promise ring. I view that thru my own cultural filter, so it looks like an engagement portrait to me.

But it does certainly appear to be a posed professional portrait, and not something like a cell phone snapshot. Which says that for whatever reason, they wanted to have a professional portrait taken. You didn't share the date of the photo; maybe it was an engagement portrait not yet released to others at the time of her murder?

But thanks for sharing it. It's good to see her in happier times. She really was a beautiful woman.

Happy New Year 2013 to you too!

I agree that Becky and Jonah are posing for a portrait and it looks like she is poised to show off her new engagement ring on her left ring finger -- as compared to every other pic I've seen of her where she's not wearing any rings. IDK when this "engagement" portrait pic was taken, but I'll ask the person who sent me the pic if they know.

Here again is pic where she appears to be wearing an engagement ring:

And here are some pics where her left hand is bare:
http://www.highlighthollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Becky.jpg

http://media.sdreader.com/img/cropp....jpg?ff95ca2b4c25d2d6ff3bfb257febf11d604414e5

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_excl_jonah_rebecca_beach_jef_110721_mn.jpg

or perhaps Jonah is not aware of the ring, and she is like a person who is now a family member , who long before she had a proposal from my cousin, went and bought herself and engagement ring and wore it, even in front of our family etc...because he had a previous marriage and the relationship was a scandal, reports of the ring would filter back to the estranged wife.

and she did these things on purpose...

women are tricky.

I guess I should say she may have worn the ring to provoke Dina....and men are so clueless...I can imagine Jonah not noticing, also although it's a portrait, it looks like an afterthought, like maybe the photog was there to shoot someone else, and took a few of Becky and Jonah, they are not dressed for a portrait shot. IMO. But it does look like rings are front and center.

I don't think the silver top would be recommended for a portrait.

She has rings on both of her hands. Although pretty much anything can be considered an engagement ring nowadays, it doesn't look like a traditional engagement ring when I enlarged it. It looks thicker and like a smooth silver or white gold. Also, IF they were engaged, wouldn't her family have come out with that information by now? I doubt that would be something she would keep a secret, especially since her little sister was there the day before she passed away.

Lastly, people nowadays don't dress up for photos all the time. My daughters and their boyfriends/husbands usually wear jeans and, although a photographer might not suggest a silver outfit to be worn, it is ultimately up to the people who are paying for the photography to decide what they want to wear. I don't think that much can be read into this photo at all.

I guess I should say she may have worn the ring to provoke Dina....and men are so clueless...I can imagine Jonah not noticing, also although it's a portrait, it looks like an afterthought, like maybe the photog was there to shoot someone else, and took a few of Becky and Jonah, they are not dressed for a portrait shot. IMO. But it does look like rings are front and center.

I don't think the silver top would be recommended for a portrait.

IMO, it doesn't take much to provoke Dina: she hated Rebecca and it seems like any little thing would set her off.........

I think that is definitely a professional photo and they put some thought into matching/what they are wearing. It seems possible they had the photo taken because they were intending to announce their engagement or pre-engagement. I think it was more likely the later - they were making a commitment to each other to have a partnership/monogamous relationship. Possibly this picture was not to announce anything but that we are 'together', but it undoubtedly looks like it was taken to at least signify that.

Frankly, I don't see many (or any) people taking those kinds of photos unless they are truly committed partners planning for the future.

I think that is definitely a professional photo and they put some thought into matching/what they are wearing. It seems possible they had the photo taken because they were intending to announce their engagement or pre-engagement. I think it was more likely the later - they were making a commitment to each other to have a partnership/monogamous relationship. Possibly this picture was not to announce anything but that we are 'together', but it undoubtedly looks like it was taken to at least signify that.

Frankly, I don't see many (or any) people taking those kinds of photos unless they are truly committed partners planning for the future.

I agree with both you and KZ. Becky and Jonah match in their complimentary outfits. And the way Becky is unnaturally holding out her left hand and highlighting her left ring finger and the way Jonah is squeezing her in a loving embrace suggests that it was likely a commitment or an engagement portrait.

There's no doubt in my mind that the two made commitment promises to each other -- at least when that portrait was taken.

Am I seeing something not there, or is there a good-sized bruise on her arm, next to her elbow, in that photo? If its a bruise, it looks like someone grabbed her forcefully by the arm.

Am I seeing something not there, or is there a good-sized bruise on her arm, next to her elbow, in that photo? If its a bruise, it looks like someone grabbed her forcefully by the arm.

I think the triangle shape dark area is her natural birthmark.

I don't know, the portrait looks kind of cheesy to me, that's why I don't buy it as an engagement photo...they have a lot of money and can afford better photography than this,

I am a photo professional in commercial photography and this is not a high quality photo or portrait.

I agree with both you and KZ. Becky and Jonah match in their complimentary outfits. And the way Becky is unnaturally holding out her left hand and highlighting her left ring finger and the way Jonah is squeezing her in a loving embrace suggests that it was likely a commitment or an engagement portrait.

There's no doubt in my mind that the two made commitment promises to each other -- at least when that portrait was taken.

Hi all! TY bourne for this full pic. I know we've seen this before, but it's been cropped. I believe it's been in news reports. I would be interesting to know which ones. Looking at this, I wonder if it was taken at some event they attended...maybe. It is obviously a posed, paid for shot from something. Too informal for a wedding, maybe a charity event? There is something so obvious and planned as to how her hand is placed. I know I've never seen this photo as a whole before. Maybe our lovely friend Lash can help? I could be wrong, we've been looking at photos and rereading articles for two years, some scrubbed, some not.

We know, at the very least that they had a commitment to each other. They lived together, she managed their household. Whether they were formally engaged or not may have been something that was between the two of them. I would imagine that someone like JS would not be quick to make his intentions public, even if he made things plain in private. Society pages are essentially gossip rags for those who care to read them.

Maybe we've seen this photo as a whole. I just don't remember seeing it as anything but cropped. Anyone remember?

Always, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member