The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On TheTalk, Jim Clemente also revealed they interviewed Steve Thomas.

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/the-case-of-jonbenet-ramsey/

CBSN video
Jim Fitzgerald forensic linguist,
analysis of rn

first language english,
no teenage slang/
vernacular
adult 30 or older
notes 6 'maternalistic markers'
Listen carefully...
when you get home,,,,
(context)

wrt BR DP appearance

JF: I found Burke's affect to be very odd,
but yet twenty years later
not all that inconsistant
with how he reacted as a young boy
sitting in a chair with his legs
drapped over the side
and you know almost the fetal
position sometimes
depending on the question being asked
and his facial tics, his body english
were not all that inconsistent
20 years apart from a ten year old to a
whatever he is now, twenty ..., almost 30 years old.

Jim Clemente said that they are trying to sell the show to Netflix or Amazon, so they can show the full 6 hours.

And CBS is not happy about all the other JBR programming airing right before their program. I don't think they anticipated there would be this many JBR programs in September.

I am pretty sure I read that CBS is hoping that The Case Of will do well in the ratings so they can renew it for a 2nd season and focus on a different case. Maybe turn it into a series like 48 Hours or continue doing miniseries on different cases but they are hoping it's not just a one-time thing.

The person they will name is dead.
I can't believe the CBS show is going to name a suspect.

With James Kolar and others participating I have to believe they would have refused to participate if this was going to be an "intruder" show.

I'm sure there will be some surprises ;) but I swear if they say it is an intruder I will put hot bamboo shoots under my nails and shave my head. One has nothing to do with the other but that's all that fell out of my brain at the moment.

With James Kolar and others participating I have to believe they would have refused to participate if this was going to be an "intruder" show.

I'm sure there will be some surprises ;) but I swear if they say it is an intruder I will put hot bamboo shoots under my nails and shave my head. One has nothing to do with the other but that's all that fell out of my brain at the moment.

I assumed the other poster was referring to PR. No?
ETA- not Helgoth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible that the participants didn't know what the final outcome would be. They wouldn't be the first interviewees misled in such a manner.

However, I do find it hard to believe that they'd reconstruct the house just to say the tiny random DNA artifacts (6 different people, is it?) prove the intruder theory.

Because she's dead and now an historical figure who cannot sue, Patsy is a very safe conclusion for them. I hope they dig a little deeper though.

I would be fine if they end up at the intruder conclusion, but ONLY if they take their time on the RDI theories as well and give good reasons as to why they don't believe RDI.

It's most likely their conclusion will be PDI or BDI though.

I'm thinking they name BR, and that is why he did the Dr Phil interview.

Once the CBS show airs, I think we will be able to go back and watch the DP interviews and understand why some of the questions were asked and why BR did the interview. JMO

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/tv/hc-henry-lee-jon-benet-ramsey-tv-show-20160917-story.html

Q: Originally this special was called "Case Closed." I understand you don't want to give away your findings before the broadcast, but it sounds like you didn't close the case.

A: Well, some of the investigators working on the case basically have a more positive opinion. I always have an open mind that that's one possibility. But this case, from day one, my opinion remains the same: We really don't know if it's a kidnapping/homicide case. We did not establish it as a kidnapping or sexual assault or homicide case.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/jonbenet-ramsey-case-of-murder-suspect-named-003047334.html

I mean, no six-year-old could bring murder upon herself — she was, in fact, murdered. For these almost 20 years, there’s been a person out there who knows exactly what happened and maybe some other people who did some things to cover the tracks there.

Note: 1) A person who knows exactly what happened. 2) maybe people, plural, who covered it up.

You can probably surmise where they're going from that description.

Once the CBS show airs, I think we will be able to go back and watch the DP interviews and understand why some of the questions were asked and why BR did the interview. JMO

The Dr. Phil interviews were likely pre-emptive strikes against the CBS special. Since learning that the CBS series was cut from six to four hours, I figure the special must have featured some very damning details that had to be edited before broadcast or CBS would have faced major lawsuits from Ramseys. :moo:

The Dr. Phil interviews were likely pre-emptive strikes against the CBS special. Since learning that the CBS series was cut from six to four hours, I figure the special must have featured some very damning details that had to be edited before broadcast or CBS would have faced major lawsuits from Ramseys. :moo:

But...there was always the possibility of a lawsuit when CBS made the program. They knew that. I'm sure Lin Wood has been threatening them since it was announced. So why did they decide to cut it now? They were completely willing to air the entire program until just a couple of weeks before.

Yes, it looks like they are going to name Burke as the suspect which explains the Dr Phil appearance. Also, DP doing damage control on Wednesday and on his facebook page. The CBS show should be very interesting.

But...there was always the possibility of a lawsuit when CBS made the program. They knew that. I'm sure Lin Wood has been threatening them since it was announced. So why did they decide to cut it now? They were completely willing to air the entire program until just a couple of weeks before.

CBS should be able to present a comprehensive investigative report about the Ramsey case without fear of repercussions from the family. If John and Burke really want to know who killed JonBenet, it shouldn't matter to them (or their attorney/s) what the special report unveils. As always, the Ramseys seem more concerned about their image than they do finding the perpetrator. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice