The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought it odd that Patsy told the police in 1998 she didn't pack a suitcase for their planned trip that day, she was gathering clothes together for all of them in a plastic bag when she 'found' the ransom note. She said they were only going for a couple of days or so and they had clothes at the lake house. Now this was their first winter trip to the lake house, previously they had only spent summers there. So to me it seems clear they wouldn't have stored winter clothes at the lake house, and also children quickly grow out of clothes, so why leave any behind? There was a plastic bag of items dumped at the bottom of the spiral staircase, photographed that morning by police, and she said that was probably it, that she had dropped it to read the note.

I wasn't 100% certain from the interview transcript but it seemed to me that after giving her explanation for the plastic bag, the police then confronted her with a photograph taken on her own camera by someone in the family on Christmas morning, which showed the same bag she had referred to in the exact same spot already, and couldn't have been the plastic bag she was filling with clothes. She was stumped by this and couldn't work out who in the family would have taken a photo of just the hallway, but more to the point it blew her explanation.
This is some interesting things I wasn't aware of! This case gets weirder and weirder every single day.

I had an epiphany moment watching the CBS special last night. I previously thought Patsy did it, but seeing the video of Burke refusing to say what was in the bowl (the pineapple) completely blew me away. He was so sheepish, absolute "deer in the headlights" when asked about it. He visibly reacted in an unequivocally guilty manner and his feet started bouncing almost off of the chair. That's the only time he exhibited those behaviors. He seemed sheepish, embarrassed, and caught. I have read every book, article, etc. and that was a cincher for me. I think as the special suggests, that it started over the pineapple. At some point during the night both children were up and around and about the house. Jon Benet took pieces of the pineapple that Burke was eating at the table, and ran down to the basement with Burke chasing her with the flashlight. He hit her with the near fatal blow, and poked at her back with the train track piece trying to revive her. She was still unconscious. From there, it's murky, but he eventually woke both Parents up, and the staging with the garrote and paintbrush ensued. The paintbrush was essential to also cover prior sexual abuse most likely by Burke that Patsy at least was aware of. Many, many times Parents will cover up sexual abuse amongst siblings, especially prominent families with an image to lose. Patsy knew a full check examination including vaginal, and questions to Jon Benet outside of her presence would be immenent at the Emergency Room, should she regain conciousness. As to who finished the poor victim off with the garrote, I'm on the fence. Let's face it, both Patsy and John were almost intelligent enough to pull off the perfect crime. The ransom note was a huge mistake and panic induced. They had to cover for Burke, they knew the head injury was severe enough to crumble their perfect house of cards. And they were angry at Burke, this is why the 911 call has John saying, "we aren't speaking to you." And also why they sent him away the next day, also to get him away from investigators. But, he was their only child left, and they did what they had to do to preserve their lifestyle by any means necessary.

Could wood fragments have got there another way and have nothing to do with the paintbrush? How small are we talking in regards to these fragments, did they match the brush? This part was a bit unclear to me.

Shame that the White's wouldn't talk. Do you think they worry that it might prejudice a trial if they are ever called to give evidence? Or maybe worry about being sued?

Always thought the abrupt ending to the friendship between the Whites and Ramseys was significant. They had been very close, and even spent part of Christmas Day with them. The Ramseys called them the next morning to tell them their daughter was missing, and they rushed to their house. They were VERY good friends. Can't remember when, but not too long after JBR died, the Whites and Ramseys ended their friendship. I believe Fleet White felt strongly that the Ramseys were somehow involved in this horrific crime.

Yes, I would love to hear what he has to say.

IMHO

Could wood fragments have got there another way and have nothing to do with the paintbrush?

They could. Maybe they were on someone's finger. And that's as far as I want to go right now.

How small are we talking in regards to these fragments, did they match the brush? This part was a bit unclear to me.

Very small, almost microscopic.

I'm definitely in the minority here, after watching the doco, there wasn't one thing that imo, pointed to BR as being guilty. The dissection of his interviews as a child were just ridiculous, imo, he appeared like a normal child whose family was in crisis. The only part I would pick out as suspect was his use of the word psycho to describe his mother's behaviour on that night. It gives me the impression, rightly or wrongly, that Patsy has had 'psycho' moments before. Maybe, when Jon-Benet was being defiant or non-compliant, Patsy would go into a rage. I gathered that Pasty was a perfectionist, controlling with neurotic tendencies.

I also found it disturbing that the show producers were prepared to traumatize a child for life to reenact a brutal murder of a child, to condemn another child, how ironic?

I'm in the Patsy did it camp and JR helped to cover.

Explain to my why John Ramsey, to this day, would be covering for Patsy Ramsey. They very clearly did not respect one another. I have yet to be provided a response to that request that makes any practical sense whatsoever.

Could wood fragments have got there another way and have nothing to do with the paintbrush? How small are we talking in regards to these fragments, did they match the brush? This part was a bit unclear to me.
The documentary on CBS said it could have gotten there from her body being moved from surface to surface around the house I believe. I don't buy that. I can't think of any way for any splinter to end up inside of a vagina without penetration. Unless the splinter was on the outer surface and I am under the impression it was on the inside. If anyone knows differently please correct me. The splinter could also account for the spot of blood on the underwear that the documentary seemed to dismiss or did not have time to include. And if so, the splinter was obtained while she was alive or immediately after death while her heart still beat, and not later from her body being moved by John and LE or there would have been no blood spot.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Always thought the abrupt ending to the friendship between the Whites and Ramseys was significant. They had been very close, and even spent part of Christmas Day with them. The Ramseys called them the next morning to tell them their daughter was missing, and they rushed to their house. They were VERY good friends. Can't remember when, but not too long after JBR died, the Whites and Ramseys ended their friendship. I believe Fleet White felt strongly that the Ramseys were somehow involved in this horrific crime.

IMHO

Maybe the Whites wanted to end the friendship too. Would you want your children to be playing with, or even be around Burke ? For that matter would you yourself, or your wife want to be around him ? I know I would not. IMO

Hey Everyone,

Please do not mention Trump. We need to leave politics out of this case.

Thank you,
Tricia

Explain to my why John Ramsey, to this day, would be covering for Patsy Ramsey. They very clearly did not respect one another. I have yet to be provided a response to that request that makes any practical sense whatsoever.

It's criminal, first of all. He would be guilty of a crime or multiple crime. Why would he ever want to talk or reveal anything if he had a hand in concealing things?

It baffles me that with JonBenet's hymen damaged, blood in her underwear, and cellulose consistent with being from the paintbrush inside of her vaginal tract, the investigators still concluded no sexual assault took place.

It is quite difficult for me to imagine John and Patsy staging the crime scene to that degree to protect Burke.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The only way I could think of might be a tiny sliver of the whittling shavings that didn't get vacuumed off the floor, maybe transferred to a hand or cloth used to wipe JonBenet? If that is normally how she was cleaned up though, that is sick. I'm still trying to figure out how Spitz thinks the blood got on the panties. If none of those jab wounds bled, then maybe the scratch on the lower leg.

IMHO

I believe FW had his suspicions the day of the 26th when JonBenet's body was discovered. After the funeral, FW confronted JR about some of the behavior he and his family had been displaying. He didn't understand why the Ramsey's wouldn't fly back to Boulder and sit down with the police for as long as need be. He also caught wind that the Ramsey's were going to go on CNN, and he couldn't believe that. They never spoke again after this confrontation.

It's criminal, first of all. He would be guilty of a crime or multiple crime. Why would he ever want to talk or reveal anything if he had a hand in concealing things?

I agree, but JR is still very much on top of things- if Patsy did it I think he would have distanced himself somewhat by now.

It baffles me that with JonBenet's hymen damaged, blood in her underwear, and cellulose consistent with being from the paintbrush inside of her vaginal tract, the investigators still concluded no sexual assault took place.

It is quite difficult for me to imagine John and Patsy staging the crime scene to that degree to protect Burke.

Was she actually found this way? (the wood stick etc, when the body was found?)

Anyway, watched the 2 night CBS 4 hours, which was excellent and convincing as everyone is saying, but my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong here), is somewhere I read on the threads, that 2 hours was "cut" or edited out of the finished 4 hrs.

It occurred to me, that after their lawyers looked the show over, they didn't want the reference to potential sexual abuse, either past or that night to be part of the show and otherwise, gave it their "thumb's up" approval.

Who knows? But I'm rather certain since they know that the family sues everyone who talked about them in the past, that they may have to face the consequences of this 20 year anniversary show. Strange how cold cases can be, with fresh eyes, a new look and advanced DNA testing, which yet has to be done.

Did anyone catch whether or not the Boulder Police Dept. will allow for the advanced testing of the garrote?

Speaking of Dr. Phil -- I just found this interesting tidbit on a law suit HE is facing where one of his ex-employees is suing him for "false imprisonment" and "wrongful termination." Nothing to do with his BR interview, but it sure is interesting reading -- here are links:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...e-false-imprisonment-report-article-1.2504413

http://www.people.com/article/dr-phil-mcgraw-sued-alleged-false-imprisonment

I do not particularly like Dr. Phil. (But I am going to watch him one more time Wednesday re: Kyron Horman.)

IMHO

Is it possible Fleet White did find JBR on his first solo trip down to the basement? Perhaps he quietly shared this with JR. At that point JR had no choice but to go down and bring JBR upstairs. FW may have decided to keep his mouth shut from that point on.

Was she actually found this way? (the wood stick etc, when the body was found?)

Anyway, watched the 2 night CBS 4 hours, which was excellent and convincing as everyone is saying, but my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong here), is somewhere I read on the threads, that 2 hours was "cut" or edited out of the finished 4 hrs.

It occurred to me, that after their lawyers looked the show over, they didn't want the reference to potential sexual abuse, either past or that night to be part of the show and otherwise, gave it their "thumb's up" approval.

Who knows? But I'm rather certain since they know that the family sues everyone who talked about them in the past, that they may have to face the consequences of this 20 year anniversary show. Strange how cold cases can be, with fresh eyes, a new look and advanced DNA testing, which yet has to be done.

Did anyone catch whether or not the Boulder Police Dept. will allow for the advanced testing of the garrote?
The cellulose was found during the autopsy. And the paintbrush was broken into 3 fragments. One was left in the paint tray, one was tied to the end of the garrote, and the third was never found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member