The "Comfort Zone" - area near school

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was shocked when I read that interview. They were sitting in the police car in front of the very school where the baby was found. As amazing as all of the video and interviews were before they are even more compelling now that her body has been found.

I wonder if this is the same area or if Kio was talking about another spot near the school? Last night I watched the video someone posted last night of a neighborhood kid who photographed or taped shots of the search.

The showed video of him walking through the area and he said most of the year the entire area is under water and or swampy at best. He said where he was walking, he would have been up to his knees in water until very recently when the dry fall weather dried it up.

TM said last night it was so wet during the first search, they lost a four wheeler, that it disappeared under water. Good news for them, huh? They should be able to get in there and retrieve the vehicle now.

They also said the area was fenced off when they came back. I didn't see any fence when I was watching the scene last night or in the kid's video so perhaps TM was mistaken about this area.

That would mean the area would have probably been dry enough to hang out in for literally years. The resumption of normal rain fall to the area could even well be the reason kids stopped hanging out there.

Great point! But, here is information from NOAA regarding the history of drought in Florida...going back to 1998, Casey would have been 12 years old then...about the 6th grade, and this girl says that's when she met Casey.

According to NOAA's National Climatic Data Center, 2000 was Florida's driest year on record. The Palmer Drought Index indicates that the current Florida drought, which dates back to April 1998, is the worst since the 1930s. Abnormally dry to severe drought conditions also exist throughout Georgia and central and eastern Alabama, as well as portions of southern and west Texas and southeast New Mexico. While the seasonal outlook anticipates near normal rainfall in these regions through April – severe drought conditions are not expected to be alleviated in Florida.

linked text

When normal rainfall resumed kids probably stop hanging out there.

On one of the searches I was on with TES we searched the area at the end of the street. The dead end. The woods had several paths going all through it. It had been searched once before we got there. There were the orange flags all over the place. The area she was found in was just a few hundred yards back up the road. She placed her at almost the very beginning of the wooded area along the side of the road. Practically 30 feet or so past someones backyard fence.

When leaving to go to JB's office she could have passed near it twice a day. It is very unnerving to think that on our search team we were soooooooo close. For sure if that area had not been so wet it would have been searched. If that city worker picked that spot to enter into the woods and so did KC there must be some cleared area and would have been a top spot to check and for sure would have.

On one of the searches I was on with TES we searched the area at the end of the street. The dead end. The woods had several paths going all through it. It had been searched once before we got there. There were the orange flags all over the place. The area she was found in was just a few hundred yards back up the road. She placed her at almost the very beginning of the wooded area along the side of the road. Practically 30 feet or so past someones backyard fence.

When leaving to go to JB's office she could have passed near it twice a day. It is very unnerving to think that on our search team we were soooooooo close. For sure if that area had not been so wet it would have been searched. If that city worker picked that spot to enter into the woods and so did KC there must be some cleared area and would have been a top spot to check and for sure would have.

FLA*mom, why do you think...or do you think, based on the interview done with Kiomarie Cruz, sitting nearly on top of Caylee, that area hadn't been searched prior to the hurricane?

It seems like that gave that area a whole lot of weight (LE) and considering the shovel it seems to me they would have been all over that area. It seems like they maybe could have even walked down there and had Kio show them the very spot.???

I don't know if that area was under water on or near the date of that interview. I'm totally miffed.

by the way, thanks for all your help too.

I really don't know why it would not have been searched prior to the storm. I don't have the the whole timeline committed to memory. Other that KC did get out of jail during the storm, so yes the area would have been dry before she went into jail. I guess since it was a whole month till she was reported missing, and then they were going on the pings from the cell phone. By the time of the interview with the girl who said it would be in that area the storm may have passed through.

From being there the area that they most likely used to hang out in was at the end of the road straight ahead a few hundred yards from where she placed her. There are trails all through there, you can tell alot goes on there by all the trash and other items dumped there. Where the body was found is closer to the road and practically behind someone yard. Probably not the secret hide out of young teens. Although she would have been familar with it. I would think it would have been found pretty quickly if it had not been for the storm. Maybe she wanted it to be found and then it wasn't so she had to weave a web of tales.

Thank God Caylee is found and at rest. But, KC has found a new way to infuriate me even more. Everyone in her path is a victim-whether they know her or a perfect stranger. How many children are in that neighborhood? How many children attend that elementary school? KC only cares about KC-she doesn't give a wit about how her actions impact others. Well, "others" will be impacting her for as long, long time.:behindbarThank God an adult found little Caylee's remains and not some innocent children playing in the brush. RIP BABYGIRL:blowkiss:

If that area had been thoroughly searched previously, it would be a good place for someone to put the body if they were trying to frame her. I believe Tim said though that it was under water when they searched there. I guess it will depend on whether or not they can determine how long the bag had been there.

If that area had been thoroughly searched previously, it would be a good place for someone to put the body if they were trying to frame her. I believe Tim said though that it was under water when they searched there. I guess it will depend on whether or not they can determine how long the bag had been there.

What you said gave me a flash!

What if that area had been searched well after the interview with Kio and upon finding Casey had borrowed a shovel?

That would make it the perfect place to move the body to...after it had been searched.

Maybe poor Caylee was moved to there from another location by someone who wasn't in jail at the time?

What you said gave me a flash!

What if that area had been searched well after the interview with Kio and upon finding Casey had borrowed a shovel?

That would make it the perfect place to move the body to...after it had been searched.

Maybe poor Caylee was moved to there from another location by someone who wasn't in jail at the time?

Yes, that's the poiint I was trying to make.

There are tons of kids in that area also I am sure lots of people walk thier dogs in that area too. It really is a good area to walk your dog because there is alot of grass along side of the road. I am sure there are alot of people there that have walked by there with there dogs. Heck even before all of this It would not surprise me to find out that the A"s walked there dogs there too. If KC and Caylee walked the dogs down that street she would probably be very familiar with the spot.

The area where the body was found is 1/2 way between Lee and the A houses. Since the area was full of water, it tells me that KC walked as far as the water's edge at the time, then just tossed Caylee into the water.

The area was searched early on, but since it was full of water, TM pulled out of the area so that no one trampled around in there, perhaps damaging evidence. When they returned, there was a fence closing off entry from the road which I heard/read was due to a propsed development of some kind. Then the fence was removed.

I KC knew that someone was about to fill in the area to build, she figured that the body would be buried under tons of fill forever.

But, nature and nature's call unveiled her scheme.

Was the area full of water at the end of June? Or did it fill up with the water from Fay in the middle of August?

I really don't know why it would not have been searched prior to the storm. I don't have the the whole timeline committed to memory. Other that KC did get out of jail during the storm, so yes the area would have been dry before she went into jail. I guess since it was a whole month till she was reported missing, and then they were going on the pings from the cell phone. By the time of the interview with the girl who said it would be in that area the storm may have passed through.

From being there the area that they most likely used to hang out in was at the end of the road straight ahead a few hundred yards from where she placed her. There are trails all through there, you can tell alot goes on there by all the trash and other items dumped there. Where the body was found is closer to the road and practically behind someone yard. Probably not the secret hide out of young teens. Although she would have been familar with it. I would think it would have been found pretty quickly if it had not been for the storm. Maybe she wanted it to be found and then it wasn't so she had to weave a web of tales.

I was thinking along the same lines. She figured that they would find the body and believe (LE and her parents) that the nanny killed Caylee. But, when the body wasn't found and she was arrested she probably thought that she got lucky b/c it wasn't found. So then she started to think that she would be found not guilty b/c no body, no guilt. I'm sure JB was feeding that to her.. Then her nightmare came, yesterday...

That would mean the area would have probably been dry enough to hang out in for literally years. The resumption of normal rain fall to the area could even well be the reason kids stopped hanging out there.

Great point! But, here is information from NOAA regarding the history of drought in Florida...going back to 1998, Casey would have been 12 years old then...about the 6th grade, and this girl says that's when she met Casey.

According to NOAA's National Climatic Data Center, 2000 was Florida's driest year on record. The Palmer Drought Index indicates that the current Florida drought, which dates back to April 1998, is the worst since the 1930s. Abnormally dry to severe drought conditions also exist throughout Georgia and central and eastern Alabama, as well as portions of southern and west Texas and southeast New Mexico. While the seasonal outlook anticipates near normal rainfall in these regions through April – severe drought conditions are not expected to be alleviated in Florida.

linked text

When normal rainfall resumed kids probably stop hanging out there.

No, you're misreading my post. The kid said it was under water almost all year every year.

We had that same drought here in Virginia. I have a swampy area on my land that has at least a few inches of water all year. During the worst of the drought years, when it was so bad here that people who had shallow wells were having to have new wells dug, the water there wasn't quite as deep but it still had a good 5-6 inches of water.

Tim said on NG last night the bag had been there long enough to leave an impression on the ground and kill any vegetation under it.

What I got from what he said was this area really hadn't been searched much at all, that it was too wet the first time and was fenced off the second time. But I wonder if he's mistaken and talking about another area anyway because I haven't seen any fences and it certainly appears the investigators are walking back there with no fence blocking the way.

Well I hate to say it but I thought about either a possible frame or someone else involved. I know Tim said the area had lots of water but what I saw on TV was a blue tent right off the road. Hard to believe the water was that close to the road for that long a period of time. I hope I am wrong but I suspect the body was put there after the fact. Something stinks and it is not Caylee.

Tim said on NG last night the bag had been there long enough to leave an impression on the ground and kill any vegetation under it.

What I got from what he said was this area really hadn't been searched much at all, that it was too wet the first time and was fenced off the second time. But I wonder if he's mistaken and talking about another area anyway because I haven't seen any fences and it certainly appears the investigators are walking back there with no fence blocking the way.

It doesn't take but a week or two to leave an impression underneath something placed in the grass. My son is loves his yard and makes sure that something doesn't even stay overnight on his lawn.

I always felt it was someplace closer to the house than were everyone was actually looking, this is why I was focused on Airport Park, not as close but the closest park. I feel bad because I would have searched there myself had I not thought Equisearch had already done a complete search of that area. I think some people dropped the ball there for a bit but I am glad to see it was picked up. I am sure many people would have considered looking in this area had they known that the official groups had not been thorough.

I always felt it was someplace she partied/hid as a teen. And turns out it was.

No, you're misreading my post. The kid said it was under water almost all year every year.

We had that same drought here in Virginia. I have a swampy area on my land that has at least a few inches of water all year. During the worst of the drought years, when it was so bad here that people who had shallow wells were having to have new wells dug, the water there wasn't quite as deep but it still had a good 5-6 inches of water.

But Gardenhart...who would have picnics and hang out on a blanket nearly every day down in a swamp?

I think that area had to be really nice and grassy, dry and shaded to be a pleasant hangout. Besides the mosquitos would have been intolerable had it been a swampy bottom. Maybe yes, for the past several years it's been wet, but I'm thinking 10, 9, 8, 7 years ago it was a very different type of place.

sorry if I'm still not getting it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back