The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 32s

Judge talks through defence scenario - Allison went for walk, possibly drowned, jumped or fell. @abcnews #badenclay

Just to add to my previous post about the sentence for manslaughter, if there is a murder or manslaughter verdict, there will be a guilty on the interference with a corpse charge. They will likely be concurrent sentences.

concurrent DAMN :gaah:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 50s

Judge says defence said Gerard did not have to give evidence, but he did. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s
Defence said Gerard wanted to give evidence at the trial, exposed himself to cross examination - Justice Byrne

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s

Judge is now summing up the prosecution case. #badenclay

Judge says Crown said Gerard and Allison appeared to be the perfect couple, but they weren't. #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
Justice Byrne has now completed his summation of the defence closing argument for the #badenclay jury. Next, prosecution's case.

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m

Judge: defence says #badenclay not someone to kill wife cold-bloodedly, explode on the quick. @abcnews #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Now on to summing up the prosecution case

Circumstantial cases can be powerful, prosecution said - Justice Byrne

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 21s

Judge says Crown said Gerard had pressures from many angles in April, 2012. #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m
Judge now going through prosecution case. #badenclay @abcnews

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
We're at p109 of Justice Byrne's summing up. He's now started to talk about the prosecution case. #badenclay

Thank you marly and for being so nice i hereby promise that i wont call any of the accused a derogatory name for the next couple of hours at least :)

Thanks Freya, that makes things a bit clearer for me. If not manslaughter then I'd say a hung jury. Based only upon the evidence that has been presented to the jury.

Someone asked a question about the sentence for manslaughter. Both murder and manslaughter have maximum of life imprisonment but murder of one person has a minimum of no parole of 20 years but 15 if GBC is convicted as the law changed after Allison was killed.

Thank you Alioop that has really helped!

Thank you marly and for being so nice i hereby promise that i wont call any of the accused a derogatory name for the next couple of hours at least :)

I can only promise to try
Sorry

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 46s

Judge says Crown case is that Allison would not have been upset about birth of nephew. It had been six years since her last birth.#badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 43s

Judge says Crown said Allison was a reluctant exerciser. She would not have walked 13km, nobody saw her walking. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Scientific certainty is not to be expected, prosecution - Justice Byrne

Allison was a reluctant exerciser, had plans that morning, did not walk to the bridge, prosecution - Justice Byrne

There was not a single sighting of Allison walking, prosecution said - Justice Byrne

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45s

Judge says Crown showed rainfall records, creek would not have been muddy at the time. Area leading down to creek was vegetated. #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m

At this pace of judge's summation, it's possible the #badenclay jury could be sent out to deliberate by lunch. @7NewsBrisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kissafur1982