The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a pharmacologist, so I can't give you exact science on this one. But I would think it would be a matter of hours only, as once the drug is metabolized, its effect wears off. Which is why kids wake up.

But for the accused to do that - drug the kids - he'd have to get dosages right for three girls of different ages and sizes, make sure they all drank whatever it was in, and then just hope that he'd got it right. Seems a bit hit and miss to me.

I give medication to animals in tricky increments. A small mortar and pestle has made it a dream to add it to their food. Works every time.

Tessa Scott‏@TessaScott9·39s
Fiona White can't remember exactly which night she heard screams but after seeing media reports she reported it @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Mrs White: "it tormented me." After so much media about Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance, thought she should come forward. #badenclay @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Fiona White can't remember exactly which night she heard screams but after seeing media reports she reported it @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 3m

Witness who heard screams says she didn't report it to police immediately, but "it tormented me" @NewsTalk4BC #badenclay

I'm not a pharmacologist, so I can't give you exact science on this one. But I would think it would be a matter of hours only, as once the drug is metabolized, its effect wears off. Which is why kids wake up.

But for the accused to do that - drug the kids - he'd have to get dosages right for three girls of different ages and sizes, make sure they all drank whatever it was in, and then just hope that he'd got it right. Seems a bit hit and miss to me.
Agree with Watson on this one. The sedation dosage for Phenergan (I'm in medicine too) in the liquid preparation would be awfully high for the 8 and 10 year old - we're talking at least 15ml, probably more.

Also worth noting that some kids react to Phenergan and become 'hyper' as a result. The only other medicine mentioned by the girls was Dimetapp which contains an antihistamine and is commonly used for colds/coughs etc. The dosage for this is much much less volume wise -and there is a clear preparation available which would easily be disguised in juice. From memory today, think the second child mentioned it.

I've left the courtroom - family/work calls

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s

Ms White is being asked to locate her house on an aerial photograph of the area. #badenclay

Agree with Watson on this one. The sedation dosage for Phenergan (I'm in medicine too) in the liquid preparation would be awfully high for the 8 and 10 year old - we're talking at least 15ml, probably more.

Also worth noting that some kids react to Phenergan and become 'hyper' as a result. The only other medicine mentioned by the girls was Dimetapp which contains an antihistamine and is commonly used for colds/coughs etc. The dosage for this is much much less volume wise -and there is a clear preparation available which would easily be disguised in juice. From memory today, think the second child mentioned it.

Thanks so much for your input today bikerchick. It's very much appreciated.

it could have been staged like that by gbc to show he tipped allisons bag out searching for her phone?

I don't know if this had been answered yet as I am just catching up for the day but I had the same question last night and after going through all the affidavits. I came across the Aff. by the female police officer Leah... She questioned GBC about ABC taking her bag and GBC went and got it and pulled stuff out to show her. There is nothing suspicious to it really.... I thought there might be as well until I revisited all the statements and Affs.

According to the hairdresser's statement, Allison was recovering from a cold or flu when she had her hair done on 19 April 2012.

These aren't the only interviews with the girls are they? Must be later ones. Wonder if we hear them later?

No there will be more I'd say, as the one they accidently started playing on wednesday was recorded in june.

I refuse to hate her, or blame her too much .. god knows what rubbish GBC told her about Allison and his marriage ..

Plus she had the decency to be honest in her own marriage and break up once she fell for GBC - and she thought he would do the same - I don't think she is the bad guy - just silly in love

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Ms White has finished giving evidence. Next witness is Susan Braun. She was living on Brookfield Rd, Brookfield in April 2012. #badenclay

Ms Braun said she heard noises after 11.30pm on April 19, 2012. #badenclay

Ms Braun says she heard someone calling out. She went to sleep and woke again to someone calling out. She said the dogs barked bw 10-10.30pm

Ms Braun: I was sound asleep and I heard a loud human noise... calling out. I don't know what the words were... woke me up with a fright.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Ms Braun: I was sound asleep and I heard a loud human noise calling out. I don't know what the words were. #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 51s
Brookfield resident Susan Braun up now. She was woken with a fright to "someone calling out." @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Braun: Disturbed by second sound calling out, not sure how long between the two. #badenclay

Seriously ! ?
Day ONE the toys were put in the car to hide 'blood/cleaning stuff' ?
Day ONE he was attempting to 'cover up' ?
How utterly stoopid is this 'man' ?

That alone to me suggests he knew she was dead ! :jail:

Yes! Also when Police were arriving NBC & GBC were loading NBCs car up with a Vaccuum cleaner and hose until the Police had to tell them all that no one was to leave the property and nothing else was to loaded into anyone elses car ... this all occurred within 2hrs of GBC reporting Allison missing - Very Suspect! and stoopid:facepalm:

I am curious as to whether any other of Gerard's conquests are on the witness list... I'd be curious as to what story line he had with them....

I suppose after this trial is over, 100's of 'em will come out of the woodwork... their story blubbered away in the NI or the WW... 'My Lucky Escape'..sort of thing..

I'm pretty sure Gerard hit on every woman he got within a metre of.. he worked the percentages, just like he asked everyone for a loan., . someone sometime might say yes...

I wonder if all these screams and calling out will amount to something. I hope anyone who was responsible for the noises, if not Allison, comes forward. :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC