The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bestfriend has very bad depression, she stays in clinics months on end and has had shock treatment. Her husband messed around with the staff of their business as well!
He is now on wife number 3!!

My love to your friend I hope one day she will be happy. Men!!!! If Allison was so depressed was she ever hospitalised?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm only very new here, although I have lurked a long time. I believe that a lot of what they are saying is true. I don't believe that any of the information they are providing therefore gives GBC a alibi, as such, and I don't believe that because they are reporting a less than rosy picture of Allison, it means there is a conspiracy to cover something up either. I'm sure Allison was a wonderful person but not without flaws. I am trying to keep an open mind.

Having been in a similar financial situation to the Baden-Clays, I find so many little details could be linked to a problem with cash flow. Damage on the Prado = no money for the insurance excess to get it fixed. Wearing plain coloured clothes? When you have no money to buy new clothes regularly, the dark colours tend to not look as old and worn out as the coloured ones and make you feel a little more dressed up. Even Gerard talking about things being "business as usual" to me points to a man who is desperately trying to hang onto his income by his fingernails. There was no room on the credit cards for living expenses. When I was in labour with my youngest child, my husband couldn't afford to close the business for the day and lose a days income so I was contracting away while he was serving customers before it really was time to go the hospital. It's not fun, and some things some posters find inexcusable I am inclined to give GBC a pass on, based on my own experience of financial hardship.

That said, me and my open mind are watching with keen interest. I also am trying to work out the prosecution's strategy and I am starting to wonder if I have seen too many movies, while I am awaiting the "gotcha" moment.:fence:

I appreciated your post, Minerva.. I acknowledge what you point out.. I'm thinking of Gerard's business partners whom he scammed and actually robbed ,according to the forensic accountants statement.. they must have suffered badly... his staff, whom he didn't pay, ..

I take on board the Prado insurance, too. but my main focus is on the Insurance Policy on Alisons life .. that bill was due on April 6th. with a payment of $1100.00,... if he didn't pay it by May 9th, it would cancel out the insurance altogether.. he didn't pay it, and from April 6th, until April 19th... ( Alisons day of death) that policy was on a shoestring,. .. either he had to pay it, or he had to claim on it..

Their strategy is so transparent...if it wasn't so serious I would laugh. But I'm just getting more furious by the moment.

And she DOESN'T DRIVE? Surely they don't think this is not an obvious LIE! They had a CAR EACH! Even the kids specified which car mum drove. I'd love to know how she managed her hectic life with three daughters, work and extra curricula activities without driving. LIARS! :banghead:

Also .. Did you know the Baden-Clays are somehow related to the Baden-Powells .. you know that guy that started the scout movement and what not .. Oh you all did .. well hey .. just thought I'd remind everyone just in case they forgot or something .. That's Baden-Clay, as in Baden-Powell, as in quite prominent and a BARON and what not, just so you all know :floorlaugh:

Thank goodness all this IMHO slanderous testimony harking back to years ago is placed in the court schedule before Allison's friends, family and acquaintances' testimonies. They will be able to make sure they completely counter all of this misleading rubbish with their accounts of her recent busy life - filled with meetings, driving here, there and everywhere, and planning for the future.

IMHO the account of their differing parenting styles makes it doubly unlikely she would even consider suicide - why would you leave your children behind to be 'parented' with belting and no cuddles at bedtime? Thanks Livvy - own goal there, love.

Also .. Did you know the Baden-Clays are somehow related to the Baden-Powells .. you know that guy that started the scout movement and what not .. Oh you all did .. well hey .. just thought I'd remind everyone just in case they forgot or something .. That's Baden-Clay, as in Baden-Powell, as in quite prominent and a BARON and what not, just so you all know :floorlaugh:

Don't forget the hyphen.

What is annoying me here is the obvious "judging" or "blaming" of Allison for suffering what sounds very like postnatal depression, albeit some years ago. Seems to be her emotional situation circa 2012, is more situational or reactive, given what she was confronting - lying, cheating, defrauding husband - who blamed her for his idiotic behaviour... I work lots with Mum's who suffer PND - & seems to me Allison did her best to work through her situation - sought professional help, was compliant with prescribed treatment etc. Methinks that the task was made harder for her - as there is not a lot of evidence that her husband's family offered much in the way of support or understanding, which I find is a very BIG factor in recovery. Seems she was functioning pretty well as of 2012 - firing along on all fronts - proactively on work, home & parenting, friendships etc.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Court has resumed. #badenclay

anyone else want to take over the tweets?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Olivia: Gerard played a significant role in upbringing of kids, took on extra responsibilities #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Olivia says Gerard took on added responsibilities around the house. She says he was very hands on with the children. #badenclay

What is annoying me here is the obvious "judging" or "blaming" of Allison for suffering what sounds very like postnatal depression, albeit some years ago. Seems to be her emotional situation circa 2012, is more situational or reactive, given what she was confronting - lying, cheating, defrauding husband - who blamed her for his idiotic behaviour... I work lots with Mum's who suffer PND - & seems to me Allison did her best to work through her situation - sought professional help, was compliant with prescribed treatment etc. Methinks that the task was made harder for her - as there is not a lot of evidence that her husband's family offered much in the way of support or understanding, which I find is a very BIG factor in recovery. Seems she was functioning pretty well as of 2012 - firing along on all fronts - proactively on work, home & parenting, friendships etc.

Fantastic post :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45s

Olivia says Gerard often helped with meals, or prepared meals. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s

Olivia: he made sure he was home in the afternoon helping prepare meals and put kids to bed #badenclay

I think Gerard starting punishing Alison for having girls.. seems the whole BC family wanted Gerard to have sons.. all this yap about the new grandson.. but he was useless in the sense of inheriting this idiotic palaver the BC's went on about and the Baronetcy.... which only the eldest son could inherit.. and only if he had sons, too...

if you think about it. the best thing for the whole family would have been for Gerard to utilise his depression, and his depressive ways to off himself.. that way, the younger brother with the son could claim this remote possibility.. wonder if it ever crossed their minds?? and .. you know. it would have solved Gerards financial problem too. and his sexual problem.. would have been a noble thing for Gerard to do for the family, really.. but no.. he chose the more complicated way.. .. murder your wife, try and call it suicide, claim the insurance, and trot off into the sunset with adopted sons..

how very very peculiar..

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 59s

Olivia Walton tells court Gerard very involved in his children's lives. "He just adored them." #badenclay @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 48s

Olivia: Allison was on a diet and walking #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s

Olivia says on the morning of April 20, Gerard asked her if it was too early to call the police. #badenclay

david murray ‏@themurrayd 1m

olivia: Gerard played a significant role in upbringing of kids, took on extra responsibilities #badenclay

kate kyriacou ‏@katekyriacou 1m

olivia says gerard took on added responsibilities around the house. She says he was very hands on with the children. #badenclay

a big open hand

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47s
Olivia says on the morning of April 20, Gerard asked her if it was too early to call the police. #badenclay

oops .. bit telling that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members