The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 17th June - Trial Day 5 - Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 54s
Constable Kieron Ash now in witness box. He attended #badenclay home about 8am on 20th April 2012. @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Const Ash says when he arrived, Gerard's sister Olivia was coming down the stairs with the three children. #badenclay

Apologies if someone has commented on this. I am just catching up from today.
8am is quite early for school. The bell doesn't ring until 10 to 9. The school actually discourages drop off before 8.30am.
Gerard would know this, but is guess Olivia didn't.
In my opinion, they wanted the girls out of the house ASAP. Probably for a few different reasons..............

3:24pm: "Was there any discussion about him leaving his wife?" Mr Fuller asked.
Ms McHugh replied: "Yes Gerard was very fearful of Allison not being able to manage the pressure of a divorce. He had voiced concerns about her mental strength ... I was very aware of Allison's depression from day one, when Gerard told us all about her illness, but he was very concerned that she wouldn't handle it and [how] that would impact on the girls.''

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-4-week-2-20140616-3a6an.html#ixzz34rnFqdn9

That to me implies he told everyone about Allison's illness...

BBM

So Toni states that she knew Allison was fragile, knew it would impact their kids and STILL persisted...what a piece of work. I think she has NPD...

Seems he used the depression as a crutch for himself... another reason why he could not leave. Truth is he didn't want to... it didn't suit him at that time to leave. He didn't care about the depression or how anyone else felt... the time had to be right for HIM and HIM only.

I have no expertise in this but i'm guessing it would be a way to confine and limit the discussion to a set time that would hopefully be more productive?

Assuming Allison would want to bring it up a lot, and that G was wanting to avoid it, that would be a middle ground. To stop Allison constantly bringing it up, but knowing that she would have a chance to talk about it later that day or the next, and forcing G to engage with it to some degree?

No expert either but I would have thought that type of 'spleen venting' would be better done supervised by the counsellor as it has the potential to so badly go astray....

I know the prosecution are doing everything they can to get a justified conviction but why do I feel like Allison and HER life is on trial! I'm so so sorry Allison that your husband has not only disrespected you in life but also in your death. I truly hope you are able to look down and see the MANY MANY people who support you. RIP Allison.

I am really liking Dr Bourke! :clap:

Speaking from experience, he is a thorough and insightful medical practitioner - I was pleasantly surprised to hear he was giving evidence today.

Apologies if someone has commented on this. I am just catching up from today.
8am is quite early for school. The bell doesn't ring until 10 to 9. The school actually discourages drop off before 8.30am.
Gerard would know this, but is guess Olivia didn't.
In my opinion, they wanted the girls out of the house ASAP. Probably for a few different reasons..............

Great post!

I know the prosecution are doing everything they can to get a justified conviction but why do I feel like Allison and HER life is on trial! I'm so so sorry Allison that your husband has not only disrespected you in life but also in your death. I truly hope you are able to look down and see the MANY MANY people who support you. RIP Allison.

I just see a woman with a keen desire to honor her vows of marriage and succeed in life. For heavens sake everyone has different parenting styles, different hobbies, different cultural backgrounds and we still agree that we need to respect each other. That was what was missing here equal footing.

What sort of respect did GBC have for anyone? He slept with his employees during the week, he belittled his wife on weekends by pretending he was with her, and on week days played the charade that he was busting his butt to grow the business. He was full of self importance with no real socially acceptable qualifications in comparison to his wife. And now here we have the result of his jealousy and ego playing out in a murder trial.

Not especially disagreeing with you personally here spratsmum, but your post got me thinking. Reading this made me try out my own fingernails on myself, and I have to say it would take a lot of effort to make those scratches, or more like gouges.

Any other ladies tried this? I've got mid-length strong natural sharpish nails (as opposed to thicker blunt acrylic nails) and there's no way I can scratch myself hard enough to cut the skin in an arm-extending, cat-scratch type movement. Even trying to dig my nails in hard and drag, it becomes too painful to continue long before any permanent mark is left on the skin.

Maybe I could practice on an apple or peach or something, but I think it would take quite sustained pressure and dragging to make those marks - eg clawing at someone's face while they're strangling you and won't let go (and their arms aren't free to block you). Also one of the scratches is a bit crooked, which would point to slower, sustained movement maybe?

I can tell you I've made marks that looked IDENTICAL to the ones on GBC, on more than one occasion. It was while my ex had me with his hands clamped over my mouth and nose as he tried to "shut me up" during one of his attacks. Desperate for breath and feeling like you're about to die, you go for the face with the only weapons you have.

I get chills when I see those scratches and hear how they were "weeping". That's exactly what they'd do after a few hours.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Speaking from experience, he is a thorough and insightful medical practitioner - I was pleasantly surprised to hear he was giving evidence today.

Just out of curiosity, why were the Doctors able to give evidence by phone, and didn't have to come to court in person, does anyone know?

To me they definitely look like they would have to have been done from in front of him, ie strangling her or the like, as they come forward down his face. If Allison was just angry and scratched him from behind in a temper, him unaware she was coming for him, they would go the other way. Just thoughts.

OMG that is what I didn't figure. Try it on your legs or wherever....that is why there is no thumb mark ...it was from behind she scratched him. Forefinger and pointing finger on both hands are almost similar lengths. Wonder if they have anyone on the defence to compare Allison's fingers to scratch marks (either from behind or from the front)?

As I said in an earlier thread I sold my home and it settles on the 20th so I have been packing and unpacking and have been keeping up the best I can.
Glad to have sold my home == not happy with the timing.

Thank you to everyone for the updates.

Is that it for Toni or can she be called back to the stand?

Sometimes when I am gardening i get attacked by a tree, but the wounds aren't like the one in the photo, they are more scratches that bleed rather than a significant layer of skin removed. ~What causes scratches like that, anyone?

Fingernails.

I just see a woman with a keen desire to honor her vows of marriage and succeed in life. For heavens sake everyone has different parenting styles, different hobbies, different cultural backgrounds and we still agree that we need to respect each other. That was what was missing here equal footing.

What sort of respect did GBC have for anyone? He slept with his employees during the week, he belittled his wife on weekends by pretending he was with her, and on week days played the charade that he was busting his butt to grow the business. He was full of self importance with no real socially acceptable qualifications in comparison to his wife. And now here we have the result of his jealousy and ego playing out in a murder trial.

I want to hear more about these different parenting styles. I want the jury to hear how he apparently belted his girls as per Jocelyn Frosts statement. Show what a nasty, controlling piece of work he is.

This may sound pedantic, but Kieron Ash said that he had located medication in the central console of the Captiva ..... it was a box saying it was Sertraline which had been prescribed to Allison, and he placed the packet on the bonnet of the Captiva. There was nothing in the Prado.
I did not hear anything from Police today about finding Zoloft in the vehicle (maybe this is still to come!).

I believe the trade name for Setraline is Zoloft…therefore the same thing.

I get chills when I see those scratches and hear how they were "weeping". That's exactly what they'd do after a few hours.

Me too! I look at that photo and can't help but imagine her last few minutes. Let's hope it's that last action of hers that gets the b****** convicted.

We were warned that Allison's life would be laid bare. We sure aren't judging her;

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch

However best thing out of today was medicos saying she was NOT suicidal, but a capable and resilient person.

This may sound pedantic, but Kieron Ash said that he had located medication in the central console of the Captiva ..... it was a box saying it was Sertraline which had been prescribed to Allison, and he placed the packet on the bonnet of the Captiva. There was nothing in the Prado.
I did not hear anything from Police today about finding Zoloft in the vehicle (maybe this is still to come!).

Zoloft is one of the trade names of Sertraline - one and the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme