The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 17th June - Trial Day 5 - Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG that is what I didn't figure. Try it on your legs or wherever....that is why there is no thumb mark ...it was from behind she scratched him. Forefinger and pointing finger on both hands are almost similar lengths. Wonder if they have anyone on the defence to compare Allison's fingers to scratch marks (either from behind or from the front)?

Total, just acted it out in thin air. I'm unsure if from front or behind now. From the front the scratches would have been as appears. From behind he would have had to have been below her and scratching upwards to get that same angle the scratches left. Either way it doesn't matter, she left them there for the world to find! Good on her! IMO

This may sound pedantic, but Kieron Ash said that he had located medication in the central console of the Captiva ..... it was a box saying it was Sertraline which had been prescribed to Allison, and he placed the packet on the bonnet of the Captiva. There was nothing in the Prado.
I did not hear anything from Police today about finding Zoloft in the vehicle (maybe this is still to come!).

Zoloft is a brand name for the drug sertraline :)

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Hey guys i'm going to be heading up to watch all day tomorrow.

Does anyone know roughly what time I should get there so I can be in line to get inside the court room without any hassles?

I went two years ago on the day the bomb threat was called in and we were all crammed in and standing up against a wall, but had to leave just a few minutes later because of the problem.

I'm a little eager to go and watch!

Zoloft is a brand name for the drug sertraline :)

Thank you Freya and others who supplied the info that Zoloft and Sertraline are one and the same drug. I have now learned that today too.

Using the word practice is a it frightening Neuromancer, LOL. I can imagine it would take some effort, I wonder how long Allisons nails were. I think though in an extreme situation you might find the strength to do it. If it wasn't her nails what do you think it could have been?

Oh no - don't get me wrong Sprats - I do believe it was her nails. I just mean you'd really have to scratch and drag hard to make those kinds of wounds - not the sort of thing you could do in a quick swipe at someone. Would be an act of sheer desperation requiring a lot of effort, and with them not moving away

OMG curiosity killed the cat but it made me blind.... What on earth was that pash in the garage about with his parents?

LOL!!! :floorlaugh:

Thanks for giving me granny-pash PTSD again BTW :scared:

Lol sorry I kept reading about it and thought I should see. IT CAN NOT BE UNSEEN THOUGH!!!

Burned on my retina FOREVER!!! WTF?

You discovered that Grannie pash

Geeze that's funny:floorlaugh:

We were warned that Allison's life would be laid bare. We sure aren't judging her;

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch

However best thing out of today was medicos saying she was NOT suicidal, but a capable and resilient person.

Thanks Breaking News. No we are not judging her. We hold her close. It's just a pity that her own husband couldn't do that for her!
What part of your marriage vows did you keep Gerard? Tell us!

For richer or poorer
In sickness and in health
Forsaking all others
Till death do us part

Who else here is having trouble sleeping at night again? Reading through all the post each day/ night I find that my dreams are wholly and solely rerunning the posts, the court accounts etc. Frustrating although I guess it's all part of it. Thanks again to all the tweet posters and people that have made it to court, you are fantastic!

I can tell you I've made marks that looked IDENTICAL to the ones on GBC, on more than one occasion. It was while my ex had me with his hands clamped over my mouth and nose as he tried to "shut me up" during one of his attacks. Desperate for breath and feeling like you're about to die, you go for the face with the only weapons you have.

I get chills when I see those scratches and hear how they were "weeping". That's exactly what they'd do after a few hours.

Yes that's exactly what I thought.

Sorry I mustn't have explained myself very well in that post - I was trying to say, you wouldn't get that from a casual scratch (eg like a slap where nails connect with skin), but that you'd really have to be trying hard and in some distress - clawing at someone who was trying to choke you or something, as you describe.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Gerard told the officer she'd gone for a morning walk and not returned. #badenclay

.. and he's panicking by 7:15?

Exactly... why panic at that stage? If he really didn't murder her... he would at least think "Well we had a bit of a row last night ... maybe she is still p'd off at me." Why ring the police?

He only called so early because the plan had to be put in to action straight away...

Does anyone know roughly what time I should get there so I can be in line to get inside the court room without any hassles?

I went two years ago on the day the bomb threat was called in and we were all crammed in and standing up against a wall, but had to leave just a few minutes later because of the problem.

I went yesterday. Arrived about 8.30 and although there was a line out the door at the security, it didn't take long to get through. Went and lined up at the court room on level 5 and waited well over an hour. We were near the front, but because there was so many family and friends that filled the court, no one else was allowed in. One person had been there at 8am - first in line and still didn't get into that room. The viewing room was overflowing, but I eventually got in and found some floor space. (Thanks Liadan for the chair).

In the afternoon we actually got to sit in the dock in the viewing room.

Guess it depends on how many family attend on the day and who is to be on the witness stand that day. Yesterday we saw a lot of the major players, so maybe other days might be quieter. If I was to go again, I'd go straight to the viewing room and get a seat on the right-hand wall side - not in the public gallery, but at the side. Look forward to your feedback tomorrow evening.

Hi everyone,

I have been a member and have been following this forum for a while but this is my first post. Please forgive me if I repeat points already made as I have been out of touch with these threads but have started reading again since the trial began.

Some thoughts:

It is very very difficult (although not impossible, I concede) to die from an overdose of Sertraline. Hundreds of thousands of Australians take it daily and there is no way it would still be prescribed if it was that easy to take an overdose and die. It is not as simple as just taking all the pills in the box at once and dying. Usually overdose resulting in death happens with a cocktail of all sorts of different drugs and nothing else was found in her system. I have a friend who is a psychiatrist and he said you could take 100 of the tablets and still not die! As this seems to be something that the defense is angling for I really hope they have an expert witness to question about this.

http://www.rxlist.com/zoloft-drug/overdosage-contraindications.htm

I noticed during the trial today they mentioned a police officer searched Allison’s car and found an empty box of her medication. I wonder if GBC emptied it out to fit with the suicide story….?

Also, re: the life insurance. Nigel claimed “it’s in one of the terms and conditions… that you notify the insurance company as soon as “the event” occurs.” Well as far as I understood from his testimony “the event” was that they read on the internet that “a body” had been found and then they filled out the forms before they had official confirmation from the police that it was actually Allison. Seems a bit keen to me, without confirmation, how could they be 100% sure it was Allison unless they had put the body there themselves…?

P.S thank you to all of you for comments and thoughts, I have found them most thoughtful/insightful and have enjoyed reading these threads all this time.

O/T ATM Im reading a book called "Love Her Death"
The husband is having an affair, wife is found dead on the bottom of the pool. The freaky bit that has got me is the husband has scratch marks on his face which the police noticed.
I cant wait to read how the scratches got there....
Oh and they have 4 children who slept through it all :scared:

Sorry, but you have to search the whole book, now, immediately! We all need to know about the scratches!;)

Exactly... why panic at that stage? If he really didn't murder her... he would at least think "Well we had a bit of a row last night ... maybe she is still p'd off at me." Why ring the police?

He only called so early because the plan had to be put in to action straight away...

Hi Linette.
Yesterday OW said that GBC asked her if it was too early to call the police and she said she told GBC no, all worried now. So phone them. :seeya:

Thank you all x-times for your great posting and your ongoing information to the trial!!!

:loveyou:

Jam13, 9am maybe even earlier though I'm not sure what time they open the doors and I think it depends on who the witnessess will be as to the amount of people who will be there. Both times I've gotten there about 9.30 and there has been alot of people there. The first time I tried to get into the main courtroom and missed out and went to the overflow room, so the second time I went straight to the oveflow room and there were so many people I thought I might not get a seat.
I'm going tomorrow too, but I plan on getting there earlier this time and I'm going straight to the overflow room. I think the atmosphere is more relaxed in the overflow room.

Yes that's exactly what I thought.

Sorry I mustn't have explained myself very well in that post - I was trying to say, you wouldn't get that from a casual scratch (eg like a slap where nails connect with skin), but that you'd really have to be trying hard and in some distress - clawing at someone who was trying to choke you or something, as you describe.

I've been trying to locate a pic of fingernail scratch marks to compare to GBCs....

This one is interesting....

Figure 4. The bruises on this woman's neck were made by her husband's fingers when he tried to choke her; the scratches are from her fingernails when she tried to loosen his grip on her throat.

Art-w110.fig4.jpg

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/718165_4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members