The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 17th June - Trial Day 5 - Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Drawing - Thanks Oddsocks.
Maybe her tooth chipped on his wedding ring while biting down on the hand over her mouth.

Has the idea of him suffocating her with a pillow been discounted? Seems to me she would then have had both hands free to cause the scratches etc.

I'm pretty sure that calls are timed from when the connection is made, not the start of the ringtone. So it could have rung for some time - and not been timed - and then flicked through to a standard "Your call is important to us, so please stay on the line" type of answering machine. At which point he hangs up...

Just a thought.
True. But his previous call to his sister means he couldn't have dialled the number 131444 before 7:14 and was talking to 112 by 7:15+. IMO he really didn't try 131444 long enough to make the comment that it was taking forever.

True. But his previous call to his sister means he couldn't have dialled the number 131444 before 7:14 and was talking to 112 by 7:15+. IMO he really didn't try 131444 long enough to make the comment that it was taking forever.

Yup - good point.

I believe that night Allison found out that the affair had started up again and the s**t hit the fan big time. The pressure of this, plus a heated conversation with TM on the phone before dinner, the upcoming clash of them both attending the conference the following morning plus "being on the bones of their arse" was the perfect storm for the events for her murder.

RSBM

Yep .. because how did he find out TM was going to the same conference as Allison unless he talked to her eh? Allison would have been onto that one .. why .. did she call you .. how often do you talk to her .. are you still SLEEPING WITH HER?????????

A massive thank you to everyone for covering this case and your insights.
I have been following the threads for quite some time but only registered recently in during the case of Simon Gittany.
I have been having trouble sleeping the last few nights, it’s really getting to me. I didn’t know Allison but I truly am so so saddened by this case. The sadness in her life the last few years, the awful things Gerard said to her., what he made her believe about herself.
Watching OBC in her statement outside the court made me sick. I think she’s given away what the defences angle is.. show that the police were so focused on Gerard they didn’t look for the ‘real’ truth. What was also striking was that she was on her own, walked off on her own.. where is her family support?

I can understand the family of the accused not believing in their loved ones guilt .. they are naturally biased and that's OK as long as it doesn't cross the line into misleading police or interfering with an investigation etc.

Sky News Australia ‏@SkyNewsAust 14m
Jury in murder trial of Gerard #badenclay will continue listening to police interview recorded the day Allison vanished (@liztilley84)

Just a random thought whilst waiting for court to begin... If it was Zoloft that Gerard bought at the chemist, and if he emptied its contents and placed the packet in the car to indicate suicide, wouldn't there only be his and the pharmacy staffs fingerprints on the packet?

I can understand the family of the accused not believing in their loved ones guilt .. they are naturally biased and that's OK as long as it doesn't cross the line into misleading police or interfering with an investigation etc.

So very true Mrs G. You can support loved ones, but you have to still abide by the law. Supporting someone in the way the BC clan have is not helping anyone, least of all the Boy Scouts.

BTW has anyone got the link to the virtual tour of the house? I'm missed it somewhere between page 1 back in 2012 and today.

Just a random thought whilst waiting for court to begin... If it was Zoloft that Gerard bought at the chemist, and if he emptied its contents and placed the packet in the car to indicate suicide, wouldn't there only be his and the pharmacy staffs fingerprints on the packet?

Good point .. so I missed this .. is there a record of when that purchase was made and by who? Credit card details, CCTV?

So very true Mrs G. You can support loved ones, but you have to still abide by the law. Supporting someone in the way the BC clan have is not helping anyone, least of all the Boy Scouts.

BTW has anyone got the link to the virtual tour of the house? I'm missed it somewhere between page 1 back in 2012 and today.

You know what .. with the huge number of scandals linked to the scouts and in particular Lord Baden-Powell himself would you really be so desperate to make sure everyone knew there was a connection? http://freethinker.co.uk/2007/11/01/the-truth-about-baden-powell-and-the-boy-scouts/

Has the idea of him suffocating her with a pillow been discounted? Seems to me she would then have had both hands free to cause the scratches etc.
that is what i think happened. especially after the 000 call when he said "when we went to bed" and then corrected himself "when I went to bed".

Good point .. so I missed this .. is there a record of when that purchase was made and by who? Credit card details, CCTV?

But why would he need to go and buy some Zoloft, as Allison was already on it, so she would have had a supply? And if the empty packet really was in the car and put there by Allison, it may have been just a reminder to buy some more, perhaps on a repeat prescription held by the chemist?

I do something similar if, say, a lightbulb goes and I'm all out of spares, I'll put an empty packet of the last one into the car in the cupholder to remind me to buy more.

EDIT: Would be interesting to know if they found more Zoloft at the house when they searched it - eg in a bathroom cupboard, drawer, or bedside table, etc.

Not sure, but I seem to remember it was discussed very early on. Marly? This was proved wasn't it?

Zoloft is prescription only and cannot be purchased over the counter.

But why would he need to go and buy some Zoloft, as Allison was already on it, so she would have had a supply? And if the empty packet really was in the car and put there by Allison, it may have been just a reminder to buy some more, perhaps on a repeat prescription held by the chemist?

I do something similar if, say, a lightbulb goes and I'm all out of spares, I'll put an empty packet of the last one into the car in the cupholder to remind me to buy more.

EDIT: Would be interesting to know if they found more Zoloft at the house when they searched it - eg in a bathroom cupboard, drawer, or bedside table, etc.

Good point, but if it was a script renewal it would be dated on the sticker. The police would know if it was an old or new packet. Maybe I'm clutching at straws.

Good point, but if it was a script renewal it would be dated on the sticker. The police would know if it was an old or new packet. Maybe I'm clutching at straws.

Oh I thought you meant that there was evidence that Gerard had bought that particular box .. and yeah I think you're right .. there would be an identifier on the packaging ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme