The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I posted Constable Ash's statement which states Olivia Walton's claim to police that morning that Gerard had told the girls shortly after 6 am that mummy had fallen down a hole and would not be back

and I posted the url for that PDF Qld Police Witness Statement -- which just happened to be on another site

<modsnip>

So maybe someone here can post that same document here if Websleuths have it please?

Does Websleuths have it?

Because AT NO TIME did either Constable Ash or I claim Olivia Walton claimed to have been at the house prior to 6 am

However -- when asked what the girls were told that morning by Constable Ash, the Qld Police Witness Statement states very clearly and without equivocation that Olivia Walton replied by stating to Ash that 'shortly after 6 am Gerard told the girls mummy had gone for a walk and had probably fallen down a hole and would not be back

That's contained in the PDF. Anyone can read it. It doesn't belong to any online site. It's a Qld Police statement. And there is no doubt at all that is the reply given to police by Olivia Walton

Something must have raised suspicion for the police to arrive so soon. There have been suggestions that they had been called to the address previously. Is it the case that any past offences would not be disclosed until after the trial?
Yeah they get lots of missing persons calls, most of them come back safe so the police know what a report usually sounds like. If there's anything different about it, they tend to investigate it pretty quickly. I think if there was a conviction for DV against Allison they could probably include it but anything else may not be recorded.

Bumping up my post from just above...

Thanks Marly

Yes. Constable Keiron Ash's statement containing the reply given by Olivia Walton, i.e., ' Gerard told the girls shortly after 6 am that Mummy had gone for a walk and had probably fallen down a hole and would not be back'

is here on Websleuths at the link provided above by Marlywings

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202113"]Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

just scroll down to find it under 'Keiron Ash'

Thank you to all who kept us updated with tweets and MSM reports today. Very much appreciated.

The remark from OW to Constable Ash about Allison falling down a hole IMO was OW being a smart *advertiser censored***d, sarcastic b**ch. I really don't believe that GBC said any such thing to the girls. I think the girls would have mentioned that when they were interviewed. It certainly would have been something that stuck in the minds! Nup, it was just twisted sister lying to a police officer who was there to try and locate Allison. Why such contempt for authority so early? I think we all know the answer to that.

First post! Hi everyone- you guys are all amazing. I've been following from the beginning...but too shy to post :)

This ^^ is my first thought to OWs comments to the police officer.

My hubby is freaking out at the trial so far. He is sure he is going to get off for lack of evidence- what do you guys think? is it all too circumstantial so far?

Another thing I remembered from today, we were shown a photo of the empty zoloft packet found on the car, it was dated 3/3/2014. Not sure how many tablets there are in a packet as to it being empty on the 20th when it was found. I didnt know this but the packet was found sitting on the spare tyre outside of the car.

Irrespective of the number of tablets in a packet, it is slightly wrong to suggest that tablets were "consumed" as opposed to tablets were "missing" or not there.
No disrespect meant to Const Ash (my personal hero); but who would imagine, at this point in time, the amount of deceit, lies, manipulations of facts or general skullduggery that was occurring, or about to occur in relation to missing Brookfield lady, Allison Baden Clay.

Hi Spratsmum :) Actually.... believe or not, mine takes 3 hrs all up! I go lighter blonde but have red pigment in natural colour. Because it's 'to the scalp' bleaching, a lower strength peroxide is used, but takes longer for colour to come down. Then there's the extra toner colour application that follows. Add to this that I have a lot of hair, which takes longer for products to be applied and longer for blow drying & styling. It's a big job lol.

We know Allison was having colour correction done & it was the 3rd attempt at getting it right. If it involved toning or lightening (especially where red & blonde are involved), I can see 3 hrs no worries. My hairdresser always knew to allow extra time when I booked in.

My daughter is a hairdresser, and fully concur.

Is it assumed or known when ABC died?

Is it possible she was first hurt (bled) then placed in Captiva (with or without help) and/or at that time possibly impaired before 'arriving' at her final position on the creek bank (under the bridge) ? (down stream?)

I may be frustrating everyone with having too little of the known facts.
Please say so - I won't be offended or mind returning to my lurking perch! :blushing:

The plant matter in her hair seems to suggest at some point after leaving the hairdresser, she was on the ground outside her home.

Quote Markara:

The remark from OW to Constable Ash about Allison falling down a hole IMO was OW being a smart *advertiser censored***d, sarcastic b**ch. I really don't believe that GBC said any such thing to the girls. I think the girls would have mentioned that when they were interviewed. It certainly would have been something that stuck in the minds! Nup, it was just twisted sister lying to a police officer who was there to try and locate Allison. Why such contempt for authority so early? I think we all know the answer to that

Dunno

He wasn't far off, if he made that remark as his sister told police he did

Only needed to change it to: ' Mummy's gone for a walk and fallen into the mud and won't be back' and ......

Would OBW dare to dice with fate by attributing something pretty nasty to Gerard as contained within her reported statement? She would have been aware Constable Ash was noting down what she said. I would have expected OBW to try to cover for her brother and claim he'd told the girls something along the lines of: ' Mummy's just a little bit late but that's ok'

How about this:

They wait until the children are asleep to have their 15 minutes. Later on, while washing those lunch boxes, GBC casually says, 'Hey princess, how about you just let Kate go to the conference by herself tmrw, we're pretty busy vacuuming and changing lightbulbs and could do with a hand.' Allison refuses - having just spent the morning discussing future plans for the business and asks why he thinks it's not important that she attend and network with everyone. He gets flustered and she twigs that it's something else. She asks if Toni will be there - and we know how bad he is at lying. Whether he says yes or no, Allison asks why does it matter anyway, "isn't she just 'someone you used to know'?"

When she realises it does matter to him, she figures they're back on again, otherwise, what's the big deal?!

She presses him on this and he denies it. She is sick of his lies and that gut feeling about him she's had for years that has been manifesting as depression and anxiety. She needs to know the truth and he knows this is the last straw for her. She heads outside to get in the car and ask Toni (ties in with the arguing and car sounds heard around this time). He jumps in front of the car (the scream), they talk in the car for a while, he smooths things over - "Princess, I'm sorry, of course you should go to the conference. It's OK, I'll cope with all that vacuuming tomorrow". They go to bed, he waits until she's asleep and smothers her with a pillow :(

From the Queensland Police Witness Report by Constable Keiron Ash

Quote: Gerard asked me to move our police vehicle to allow his sister to drive the children to school in the blue sedan. Soon after his sister drove out of the driveway with the children in the blue sedan

7. I now know this female person to be Olivia Walton

8. Another male person appeared from inside the house and walked over to where we were standing in the driveway and immediately put his arm around Gerard's shoulders. Gerard then introduced this person as his father -- etc.

9. I now know this male person to be Nigel Baden Clay

Then we jump to Number 28 on the Police Witness Statement

28. Shortly after Gerard's sister Olivia Walton arrived back at the address after having taken the children to school. She went upstairs into the house but quickly returned back downstairs. I asked her what the girls had been told this morning, she said " that Gerard told the girls shortly after 6 a.m. that Mummy had gone for a walk and had probably fallen down a hole and would not be back" she then asked " Is that ok?"

Thank you Laserdisc10 that time of dropping the children off at school is very early especially the youngest one?

Thanks one and all for your great posts etc today. Some really make me laugh, which is a welcome relief given the nature of what we are all going through. Keep on keeping on, Peeps, and lets get justice for Allison xx

I think whatever happened had to have been outside the house - it wasn't inside as there was no trace of blood, and if he had known how to clean the house that well he would have had a go at least at the car.

It can't have been away from the house due to the plant matter in Allison's hair.

Maybe an argument started and she took it outside to try and not disturb the girls.

She may have lunged at him first scratching his face when she realised he was still seeing TM. It could have been as simple as he then struck out in anger and she hit her head on something when she fell.

He panicked in trying to hide it - therefore leaving the blood in the car.

I so totally agree Makara. I was wondering if the girls were ever asked about that statement, and if they had confirmed that it came from their father. There is something malevolent and evil in that statement - coming out of the mouth of the sister. Something certainly doesn't sit right with me about it at all. I can hear alarm bells and see red flags everywhere.

Perhaps OW really had no clue what GBC and NBC had been doing that night.

Not being 'in on it' would make her frustrations far more heightened than Mr Cool as a Cucumber and senior... Her innocence an excellent foil... Natural, human response to running about and helping out but 'in the dark'.

Less patient with police and less inclined to 'please'/manipulate police.

IMO - (& my position re OW is mercurial :scared:) her comment to police MIGHT plausibly be the only genuine bit of impatient frustration displayed when faced with NOT knowing where ABC was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine