The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police wrote in their Witness Statements that when asked by police what the girls had been told about their mother's absence, OBW replied that GBC had said to the girls, 'Gerald told the girls shortly after 6 am that Mummy had gone for a walk and probably fell down a hole and would not be back'. She then asked, 'Is that ok?'

I want the jury to hear that. If the jury hears that, it will inform them that no matter what waffle followed through the past two years and in the court, Gerald showed no concern for the girls'. Did nothing at all to alleviate their anxiety. Showed utter coldness and callousness within himself and towards Allison and her daughters

If you are remotely concerned for your missing wife or your children, you would not -- would not -- say what Olivia Baden Walton told police that morning

Was OBW asked about this when she was on the stand. What did she think when he told her that.
Is Kholo Creek fed by worm water drains. Maybe her body was placed in a drain and it washed into the creek.

The police wrote in their Witness Statements that when asked by police what the girls had been told about their mother's absence, OBW replied that GBC had said to the girls, 'Gerald told the girls shortly after 6 am that Mummy had gone for a walk and probably fell down a hole and would not be back'. She then asked, 'Is that ok?'

I want the jury to hear that. If the jury hears that, it will inform them that no matter what waffle followed through the past two years and in the court, Gerald showed no concern for the girls'. Did nothing at all to alleviate their anxiety. Showed utter coldness and callousness within himself and towards Allison and her daughters

If you are remotely concerned for your missing wife or your children, you would not -- would not -- say what Olivia Baden Walton told police that morning

That and the fact that he boasted of giving the girls hidings. And hand signals to quieten them, make them know it was 'adult time'. Because if that statement doesn't indicate that they had better be on their best behaviour, I don't know what it means. It is very harsh.

At 6am?

Yes I would have thought she'd want everyone to know and I was surprised how angry she got with ?Phil who was accused of telling the tuckshop ladies (lol) etc.

Altho I wouldn't be surprised if GBC had told her something like "If you ever tell my wife, I'm ditching you", which would be par for the course for a lying manipulator, and explain why TM was avoiding confrontations at all cost.

Agree, if you really want to keep an affair secret why on earth would you confide in anyone who had links to other people who knew either the guy or his wife?? You wouldn't .. not unless you WANTED it to come out in a passive-aggressive way, you know in order to push them faster towards a divorce etc .. I bet this is how most affairs are uncovered .. the 'other woman' leaks it, hoping this will mean instant breakup, and her moving in with the married dude .. :banghead:

Just quoting you bearbear because I think it's relevant. Is there anyone on here who takes antidepressants? Please can you pull out the information leaflet and tell me what it says about driving whilst taking them?

I've taken them my entire adult life - different ones, but I take Zoloft now, 4x the dosage Allison was on. Does not affect my mental alertness at all.

The medicines info DOES say that it can, but for Zoloft it's unusual to make someone tired....it is actually more likely to keep you awake, which is why it's usually prescribed in the mornings.....but everyone is different.

Honestly if she suffered such side effects I don't think she would have remained on that particular drug for all that time.

1:17pm Wrap: So far today ...

* The court has heard two recorded conversations Gerard Baden-Clay had with police officers on the morning he reported his wife missing.

The officers questioned Mr Baden-Clay about the scratches on his face to which he replied, "I cut myself shaving."

* The court then heard from forensic physician Dr Margaret Stark. She examined photographs of the scratches and found them to be "typical of fingernail scratches". But she could not "100 per cent" rule out that they were caused by a blunt razor, as Mr Baden-Clay has claimed.

* Dr Candice Beaven, from Kenmore Clinics, told the court she examined the scratches upon Mr Baden-Clay's request the day after he reported his wife missing.

At the end of the consultation Mr Baden-Clay handed Dr Beaven his business card and said he might be able to help her move to the area.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-6-week-2-20140618-3ackc.html#ixzz34xhEXzAw

close up of the nasty razor in this link

Just quoting you bearbear because I think it's relevant. Is there anyone on here who takes antidepressants? Please can you pull out the information leaflet and tell me what it says about driving whilst taking them?

I think (and with all due respect to others) - who doesn't take anti-depressants !! lol

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 35s
We're back after lunch break and Sgt Const. Cameron Simmonds is being cross examined by Michael Byrne QC. #badenclay @abcnews

:D

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 25s
Constable Simmons says Gerard was quite composed, didn't shed a tear when talking to detectives #badenclay

I think the above may have a profound effect on jury members. They're heard about his ongoing affair & now there he is passing out his business card.....

.....................all while his wife is missing.........

Would have had more effect if she'd been there in person. She's an attractive woman and presents well. I'm sure at least one jury member would have wondered if he had an ulterior motive.

Yes...I have FEELING that perhaps normally the house is......really messy? I know I have friends whose houses are usually like a bomb had hit it, so if I walked in and everything was suddenly clean and fairly tidy, it would be odd. Perhaps she didn't want to say that and make Allison appear a bad housekeeper?

Mrs Dickie said the house was usually not very tidy with Allison having 3 kids. She said Allison was clean but she had never seen the house in that very very clean state. She was shocked when she walked in.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 51s
Snr Const Simmonds says #badenclay "didn't shed a tear during the interview.""I thought he was calm and composed". @abcnews

I've taken them my entire adult life - different ones, but I take Zoloft now, 4x the dosage Allison was on. Does not affect my mental alertness at all.

The medicines info DOES say that it can, but for Zoloft it's unusual to make someone tired....it is actually more likely to keep you awake, which is why it's usually prescribed in the mornings.....but everyone is different.

Honestly if she suffered such side effects I don't think she would have remained on that particular drug for all that time.

I was very dizzy and disorientated the first couple of days taking the same dose of Zoloft that Allison was on and would have had difficulty driving. I was perfectly fine after that - in fact the happiest I'd ever been.

I don't drive much, I can and do when I have to but will avoid it if possible - that is why we have ONE car and not 2 expensive large cars.........it is only common-sense that Allison drove.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 36s
Simmons agrees he was back at the house on April 21. The SES was conducting a search. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 24s
The Brookfield home was a crime scene for seven days - Simmons #badenclay

It does recommend not to drive until sure how it can affect you right? Perhaps that was the reason Allison wasn't driving rather than because she because of a panic attack? If she was going to suicide that night though, she wouldn't be concerned about having a car accident, that would be the furthest thing from her mind. Wouldn't it? I don't know, it was just an idea I had.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 31s
Simmons says "there was nothing of interest located in the front or backyard". #badenclay

2:33pm: Court has resumed and Senior Constable Cameron Simmons has returned to the witness box.

Senior Constable Simmons said Mr Baden-Clay appeared "calm and composed" on the morning he reported his wife missing.

"He didn't shed a tear, he was quite composed during the interview," the detective said.

"I don't believe his voice cracked. I believe he was quite calm and composed."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-6-week-2-20140618-3ackc.html#ixzz34xiicIfr

GBC -- according to his sister, OBW -- sent those children off early to school after filling their minds with visions of their mother helpless down a hole. Children have active imaginations, particularly when frightened and worried. The 'hole' which GBC implanted in their minds would have become a giant, subterranean, dark place where their mother was trapped alone and probably crying out for help. They would see in their minds a big hole far from help. And their mother trapped, afraid, crying and calling. He further told the girls 'she probably wont be back'. Imagine that from a child's perspective

That guy is a sadist. He wants to hurt. He had it in his power to console and reassure the girls. But he did not. He deliberately withheld reassurance from them. He sent them to school filled with fear and dread and longing for their mother. He painted a graphic mental image and implanted it in those girls' minds and sent them off with that for the day

I want the jury to hear that, to imagine what he did to his children simply because he had the power to do it

Did police ask OBW what she had told the girls? Doesn't look like it. She could have volunteered further information but going from the Police Witness statement compiled by first attending police, it appeared she did not. Why didn't OBW say to the girls, ' Daddy didn't mean she fell in a hole. He meant she might have twisted her foot a little bit, that's all. And he just meant she wouldn't be back in time to take you to school. It will be alright, don't worry. I'm sure Mummy's fine and will be home when you get back from school. We might even go for a bar b que after school, eh? That'd be good, wouldn't it? Ok, now you run to class and remember, don't worry'. That's what anyone, let alone an aunt, would say to the girls, to try to take away the fear implanted by an idiot father

But no. It appears the girls received no reassurance

<modsnip> The jury needs to learn of what he told his girls and if prosecutors don't include it in material released to the jury, they're remiss imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member