The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds quite vague in the phone call, and it was probably a matter of interest to the officer taking the call to look into it.
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/9raw-baden-clay-s-000-call/xwkvqyd

Maybe GBC expected them to say there is nothing we can do until she is missing 24 hours. The protocol is if there is any concern for ones safety, then they act. It would seem even from this interaction an officer got a sense this was not usual. They did go and have a look pretty quickly I agree. Good work QPS...

Yes to all.

And if indeed GBC is expecting the no action from QP within 24hours (as our US TV crime shows often model) then THIS might explain the Captiva being in reverse position for cleaning but not yet cleaned!

IMO

Someone suggested ABC might have been placed in a 'tarp' before being placed in the Captiva: perhaps for that reason GBC (or whomever) didn't expect the blood to touch the interior (?)

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Dr Griffiths says he would classify it as a bruise with a patterned abrasion. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says it could be caused by fabric being forced against the skin but he can form no conclusion. #badenclay

Wonder why he thought it was such a good idea to blame it on the razor? Did he go through different possibilities and decide a razor was most plausible? Or was it a panicked decision? Or was it suggested to him by someone else who thought it was a good idea? Oh the things I'll never know....

panic I reckon but turns out it was pretty stupid I am wondering if the jury thinks its fingernail scratches where does that really lead to in the end not enough to convict him

I'm still expecting there to be a doozy of a reason the police turned up so quickly! I'm sure we won't know till after! but it really does seem like thee has to be a reason. What were the details of the car accident in the prado a few days earlier? We're the police involved with that?

I don't think there will be any reason relating to the BC's. I guess that it was early on a weekday and there was not much going on in patrol car callouts. So the next available patrol car with Constable Ash was sent.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s

Dr Griffiths says whenever there is a bruise, the injury is generally at least 18 hours old. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m

Dr Griffiths: "It's very difficult to be dogmatic about that". #badenclay @abcnews

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Dr Griffiths says chest injury could have been caused by fabric pressure against the skin #badenclay

Does there come a time where a jury is just being overloaded with different witnesses describing the same evidence over and over?

I think for the wounds to be a smoking gun, this is one thing the prosecution have to prove, otherwise GBC is out of the picture. I imagine the more experts that testify to the same thing, the more weight it carries. It's the only thing that can possibly tie him directly to Allison's death . Even with it, I'm not convinced there is enough evidenc to be beyond reasonable doubt.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Dr Griffiths also examined Gerard on June 14, 2012. First examination was April 22. #badenclay

The court is now being shown a photograph of Gerard taken in June. He has a full beard. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths shaved part of Gerard's beard to examine the injuries. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says there was full healing two months on but there are still markings of "healed abrasions". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 23s

Dr Griffiths says the healed marks confirm his opinion that the injuries were abrasions, not cuts. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths is being questioned by the defence. #badenclay http://bit.ly/1qfaBUn

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s

Dr Griffiths says he did not examine the other injuries when he saw Gerard again in June. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths says there could still be signs of the other injuries but they were more superficial than the face injuries. #badenclay

I think the little shaving nicks that he did to himself to cover up the scratches were so minor that they healed in 2 days.

11:58am: Dr Griffiths estimated the abrasions on Mr Baden-Clay's face to be at least 48 hours old when he examined him.

Mr Baden-Clay had reported his wife Allison missing two days earlier.

However, Dr Griffiths noted the science of ageing injuries was imprecise.

He said the injuries on Mr Baden-Clay's face appeared to be "abrasions" rather than "cuts".

"What I have described to the court is an abrasion, not a cut," he said.

"They could be caused by a human scratch ... by fingernail scratches.

"They resemble scratch marks."

He said the abrasions, which were about a centimetre apart, appeared to have occurred "about the same time".

"The imprssion I formed at the time ... [was] that they could be caused by a fingernail scratch or fingernail scratches," he reiterated

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-7-week-2-20140619-3af2d.html#ixzz3531iPuRC

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 41s

Dr Griffiths agrees that any sharp object dragged across the skin could cause an abrasion. #badenclay

Dr Griffiths: I can't imagine any razor available on the market today could cause that kind of abrasion. #badenclay

I think for the wounds to be a smoking gun, this is one thing the prosecution have to prove, otherwise GBC is out of the picture. I imagine the more experts that testify to the same thing, the more weight it carries. It's the only thing that can possibly tie him directly to Allison's death . Even with it, I'm not convinced there is enough evidenc to be beyond reasonable doubt.

If that's the case - Thanks for all your running around to one Medico after another to provide ABC less doubt as to the cause of these ruptures to your flesh GBC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro