The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1:03pm: Ms Heath said she was speaking on the phone to Dr Flegg on the night of April 19, 2012.

The court has previously heard that Dr Flegg lived in Brookfield at the time.

Ms Heath said Dr Flegg said he heard a scream during their conversation and asked her to turn down her TV.

She did not hear the scream.

Ms Heath has been excused.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-7-week-2-20140619-3af2d.html#ixzz353CUwy80

I bet everyone he borrowed money off is just loving the fact that they'll never see a cent of it and he's using his wife's only asset to try and get himself out of murdering her .. that's a lot worse than seeing a friend who owes you money plan a trip to Bali!

What is going on here - how well did GBC and Ms Heath know each other?
I guess well enough that he would considered she would do that for him.

They had met through Bruce(GBC has known Bruce for 10 years or so) and through some property deals.

Another forensic expert says it's extremely unlikely injuries on accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay's face were shaving cuts.

Former Queensland Health forensic medical officer Robert Hoskins has told a Supreme Court jury that three grazes on Baden-Clay's cheek were too wide and their edges too ragged to have been caused by a razor.

'When I look at a photograph such as this, the thing that springs to my mind is that those injuries are characteristic of fingernail scratches in that they are ragged, roughly the right size, in the same direction and very approximately parallel with one another,' he said.

Dr Hoskins is the second forensic expert to testify at his murder trial in Brisbane

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...larger-typical-razor-nicks.html#ixzz353DC6H38
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Wonder why he thought it was such a good idea to blame it on the razor? Did he go through different possibilities and decide a razor was most plausible? Or was it a panicked decision? Or was it suggested to him by someone else who thought it was a good idea? Oh the things I'll never know....

I don't think he probably had time to think it through properly. Panicked, razor came to mind and thats what he stuck too.. But can't rule out pure arrogance rather than panick and he just thought that it sounded plausable and he could lie his way out of anything...(In his mind)

Sure is Narrowing down the options though ....
Not suicidal
Resilient person
Murdered by someone? But who? ....

Still wearing her rings, that rules out random mugging I think.
No sexual assault.

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
Ms Heath tells #badenclay trial Gerard asked if she'd approach Bruce Flegg MP for a $300k loan. Seemed distressed. @7NewsBrisbane

This is outrageous! He wanted HER to approach Bruce FOR him? Hey Gerard .. things are going that bad I got a hot tip for you .. stop pretending to 'work late' 4 nights a week and spend that time focussing on your business.

:goodpost:

The Woolies ones are super-easy to access and behind the shop in the dark so one would feel safe there. And he still would have had to drive through the roundabout to get to Woolies, even if he did a sneaky left and nipped up Cedarleigh and got through that way. Out the back there is not as well-lit at night as Coles is.

He could go Rafting Ground Road, Moggil road, Kersley Rd Kenmore Rd and onto Marshall Lane to Woolies or anywhere really. That bypasses the roundabout.

Not to mention he could then shoot up the back of the BP through Bielby Rd and get into Coles that way.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 14m

Ms Heath says she told him she didn't think Dr Flegg had that kind of money. "He was fine. He had impeccable manners." #badenclay @abcnews

BBM Really.......:tantrum:

If GBC was dressed in his normal work attire of shirt and tie, you would think it rather difficult for a grub to make it's way under the collar of a shirt tied with a tie then attack. Or were the grub attack marks higher up above the collar of his shirt?
Didn't Olivia say the caterpillar bit the back of his neck? She gave him stingose for it?

I remember OW saying GBC fell and bumped his head as well.
He was in the wars wasnt he :banghead:

If GBC was dressed in his normal work attire of shirt and tie, you would think it rather difficult for a grub to make it's way under the collar of a shirt tied with a tie then attack. Or were the grub attack marks higher up above the collar of his shirt?

There was already a grub under that shirt a big one , hope I don't get snipped just some humour

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 14m

Ms Heath says she told him she didn't think Dr Flegg had that kind of money. "He was fine. He had impeccable manners." #badenclay @abcnews

BBM Really.......:tantrum:

Was it between the first and second conversations that he decided on his evil plan? Does this sync up with his emails to Toni mentioning July 1st and to leave it to him now? If there was no legit plan to get the money it could show premeditation.

Didn't Olivia say the caterpillar bit the back of his neck? She gave him stingose for it?

Tweets from day 4...

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s

Court shown photo of Gerard from April 19, in work attire, smiling, clean shaven, no injuries on face. Small red mark on neck. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47s

She says it looked red and itchy and inflamed. She gave him stingose. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s

Olivia says she didn't notice any other marks on him. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 37s

Mr Early says he recalls Gerard having a red eye. #badenclay

Mr Early says he can't say for sure but thinks Gerard spent a "good few minutes" scratching his neck and later continued to be irritated.

Mr Early has been excused. Susanne Heath has now been called to the stand. #badenclay

This is the sort of thing that is frustrating me about the questioning so far in this case - why didn't they ask the witness "did you actually SEE a caterpillar?"

I'm no expert though, I'm sure counsel know what they're doing and don't need my help :)

Tweets from day 4...

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s

Court shown photo of Gerard from April 19, in work attire, smiling, clean shaven, no injuries on face. Small red mark on neck. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 47s

She says it looked red and itchy and inflamed. She gave him stingose. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s

Olivia says she didn't notice any other marks on him. #badenclay

Thanks Marly. I don't know why I thought she said the back of the neck!

having been stung by the evil caterpillars myself, I can say that this witness, Mr Early, is spot on in his description, that GBC had a WELT on his neck. That's what those evil caterpillars do, their hairy spines enter your skin and cause an irritation, which forms a welt. I've never felt an itch from a caterpillar attack either, more of a burning sensation. And for the record, I live a few kms away and FINALLY spotted one of these evil caterpillars in my yard a few days ago, first time ever in 6 years!!

Thanks Marly. I don't know why I thought she said the back of the neck!

didnt his sistertake a photo of it at the school sports? if so why? or was it just a happy family snap which coincidentally showed the bite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe