The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the USA, it takes a LOT of red tape to add witnesses to a trial this late in the game. I like the Australian justice system. To me, it seems more fair to the victim!!!

A combination of the two would be even better.

Not being allowed to mention an accused's past criminal history is something majority of folks in Oz would like to see changed.

** Warning ** for Kimster ( another pic! )

Police photograph of injuries on Gerard Baden-Clay's chest.

Police photograph of injuries on Gerard Baden-Clay's chest. Photo: Court Exhibit

10:50am: Of the injury on the left side of Mr Baden-Clay's upper chest Dr Hoskins said: "It has no features that immediately leap to the view that 'oh yes this is one thing or the other'."

He said it was much more likely that the chest injury was the result of "repeated scratching".

"If this were to be caused by Mr Baden-Clay himself I would be completely unsurprised," he said.

Yet, he added a mark of that nature on skin could have been caused by an object falling or pressing "with force" onto course fabric.

"A number of other possible explanations could apply," he said.

marks1site-300x0.jpg

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-7-week-2-20140619-3af2d.html#ixzz352muvVLL

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou

We're breaking for 20 mins. #badenclay

Just a suspicion that I have that haunts me every time I see the Chest scratches.

I truley suspect that GBC has smothered Allison and those scratches/bruises & burst capillaries look like she has fought for her life to try and get him off her - gripping, possibly kicking and scratching.

I know I have left the same marks while my husband and I are play wrestling (nothing kinky...I swear) but because of his strength I always struggle to get free so I do always grab, kick and scratch till he is hurt - Lucky for me its only play fighting but I really believe GBC held Allison down and stopped her from breathing..... Sorry to paint such a grim Picture :(

I first read that as "burst caterpillers" :blushing:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Prosecution is questioning Dr Hoskins again about the abrasions on Gerard's face. #badenclay

Dr Hoskins says whether the blade is old or new doesn't change his opinion on the cause of the abrasions. #badenclay

Dr Hoskins says in his own experience, he finds it more likely you'd cut yourself with a new blade. #badenclay

We're breaking for 20 mins. #badenclay

10:59am: Dr Hoskins said there were three potential explanations for the injuries around Mr Baden-Clay's right armpit.

He said a mark of that nature could have been caused if someone was wearing a backpack and the backpack was pulled back.

"Similarly if someone was wearing non-elastic clothing and the clothing was grabbed and the person was pushed upwards and backwards ...

"And it could also be explained through fingernail scratcing through clothing."

Dr Hoskins also examined photographs of Mrs Baden-Clay's fingernails. He said the fingernails he examined could "give rise to injuries such as this".

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-7-week-2-20140619-3af2d.html#ixzz352o8jzHi

For the prosecution Humdinger, they live very close to GBC and Allison, prosecution did give there addresses but I dont want to divulge that here.

is there any info on this from MSM??? links?

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 5m

Dr Hoskins. "I seem to cut myself a lot easier with a fresh razor than a blunt one." @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

While we're waiting.. I'm wondering if OW spoke to the girl's teachers that morning, I'd imagine she would have to explain a little about what's going on. How long was she away from the house and what info. might she have given them?

also, the house on B'kfld Rd. has a huge amount of construction and building going on around it, it's busy, loud, etc. I hope the jury gets taken on a quiet night.

Do you know, I think others' theories re the timing of the 000 call are spot on. It's as simple as this: he was left 'unsupervised'. They were there all night cleaning up and preparing him, and then he went and screwed it up (as usual) when Kate Rankin's call threw him off-balance - by calling 000 when 131444 didn't answer quickly enough. Whenever he's left to do something himself, he screws it up by using his own initiative if things vary from the pre-determined plan. Improvisation is not his strength.
It was supposed to roll out this way:
get up and text her phone as if all was normal
(Get a call from Kate asking if Al has left yet
Panic
Improvise unsupervised
Call your mate from Neighbourhood Watch and express concern, ask for advice: Al's late back from her usual walk
Mate tells you to call 131444 and report her missing
131444 doesn't answer after 20 seconds
Panic
Improvise unsupervised and call 000)
Continue as per original plan
Take girls to school and go to work, business as usual
Wait for call for Kate at conference to ask where Al is
Express surprise and concern
Etc etc
Start pushing alarm bells
Panic big-time when uniforms turn up then call CIB in because you're pretty sus
Oh dear, now things are out of your - or anyone else's control

I am still surprised that the police turned up to the house so early after the call from GBCto say that his wife was missing.

I am a local, and a few years ago my husband left our Pullenvale home for a 9.30 dental appointment in the city, and was not back by 3 oclock. As he is in his seventies and has a heart condition, I was a little anxious, so rang his dentist who told me he had not needed any work done, and had left at 10.

I proceeded to ring my son and daughter to ask if they had heard from him, then a few friends he may have called on. By five oclock I rang the Indooroopilly police station and told them of my concern. I was told that the police take no action in a situation like that for 24 hours. When I explained that he had a heart condition and his age, they made a note of his car reg.no., and said they would notify their control cars to look out for him, failing that, I was to ring the following morning if he was still not back.

Fortunately he turned up about 30 mins later!

Perhaps because <modsnip> had rung 000 instead of the station, they treated it more seriously.

Thanks for all your great posts form the court room.

While we're waiting.. I'm wondering if OW spoke to the girl's teachers that morning, I'd imagine she would have to explain a little about what's going on. How long was she away from the house and what info. might she have given them?

also, the house on B'kfld Rd. has a huge amount of construction and building going on around it, it's busy, loud, etc. I hope the jury gets taken on a quiet night.

I can't believe they sent those poor girls to school that day ..

To be fair, the poor woman had been at the hospital with a migraine the previous day. Nobody is good the day after a migraine. But a nasty thing to say.

Yes, the hospital which Allison kindly collected her from in the car even though she apparently never drove

I am still surprised that the police turned up to the house so early after the call from GBCto say that his wife was missing.

I am a local, and a few years ago my husband left our Pullenvale home for a 9.30 dental appointment in the city, and was not back by 3 oclock. As he is in his seventies and has a heart condition, I was a little anxious, so rang his dentist who told me he had not needed any work done, and had left at 10.

I proceeded to ring my son and daughter to ask if they had heard from him, then a few friends he may have called on. By five oclock I rang the Indooroopilly police station and told them of my concern. I was told that the police take no action in a situation like that for 24 hours. When I explained that he had a heart condition and his age, they made a note of his car reg.no., and said they would notify their control cars to look out for him, failing that, I was to ring the following morning if he was still not back.

Fortunately he turned up about 30 mins later!

Perhaps because Ger-red had rung 000 instead of the station, they treated it more seriously.

Thanks for all your great posts form the court room.

Exactly: calling 000 seems to have ramped up the response required from QPOL - and that ramped-up response wasnt In The Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668