The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 26s

You let Allison believe that you had chosen her over Toni didn't you?

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 57s

You didn't tell Allison that you kept sleeping with Toni did you? #badenclay

good stuff :drumroll:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 23s

Fuller: It was too painful for you. #badenclay

Gerard says he often told her things she wanted to hear to placate her. #badenclay

Fuller says the tow of them couldn't be together. "That pains you both." Gerard says correct. #badenclay

Fuller: How did you think this was going to affect this volatile woman? Gerard says he hoped it would calm her. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 54s

You also deceived Toni #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 46s

You told Toni that you were going to be with her didn't you? #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 44s

You told her that in black and white #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 49s

Gerard is agreeing with most of this except that he insists he wanted Allison not Toni #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m
Todd Fuller QC in full flight: "You deceived your wife Allison for nearly 4 years, didn't you?" @abcnews #badenclay

11:39am: Court has resumed.

Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller QC has started his cross-examination of Mr Baden-Clay in dramatic fashion.

Mr Fuller: "Mr Baden-Clay you deceived your wife for nearly four years didn't you?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "Yes."

Mr Fuller: "You led her to believe that your were faithful?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "Yes I did."

Mr Fuller: "You led her to believe that she was the problem in the relationship?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "No."

Mr Fuller: "You led her to believe that you wanted to change, that you wanted to make things different?"

Mr Fuller: "You led her to believe that you had chosen her over Toni McHugh?"

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36B1u6rNS

ha..judge directs Gerard to answer the question.. 2 minutes in.. !!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Fuller is talking about Toni's panic attacks, her fainting at work. Gerard says "that's what she told me". #badenclay

Fuller: I love you, those are words you said to her quite often. But you didn't mean them? #badenclay

Gerard says he said those things to maintain the sexual relationship. #badenclay

Gerard says he told Toni it was 'agony' for him that they weren't together

Stefan Armbruster ‏@StefArmbruster 46s
Prosecutor asks Baden Clay if he had deceived Allison for 4 years plus and she wasn't the only one. He responds 'Yes' #badenclay @SBSNews

Goooooooooooo QC Fuller...

Show the world GBC's true colours!!!!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 8s

Fuller says in April, when he emailed that he loved her, Toni was no longer in the business. They were no longer having sex. #badenclay

Fuller asks why he is still communicating with her. Not for the business, not for the sex. Gerard says to "placate her". #badenclay

Gerard says he can't remember why he told her he loved her on three occasions in the April communication. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 32s

He said 'I love you' to Toni because he wanted to keep having sex with her #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Fuller: but you didn't mean it? Gerard: that's right #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 39s
Fuller: She's not longer in the business so you're no longer sleeping with her for the business #badenclay

KAPOW!!

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 33s

But then, after Toni left the business, he still said I love you and it's agony, he agrees #badenclay
Expand

Stefan Armbruster ‏@StefArmbruster 25s
Prosecutor show court Baden Clay email to Toni McHugh saying "I love you", just over a week before Allison disappeared #badenclay @SBSNews

Jury sees an email from Gerard saying: I love you'. It's to Toni, just before Allison went missing #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 50s

He agrees he told Toni he would leave his wife by 1 July #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 59s
Todd Full QC, for the prosecution, aggressive questioning Gerard over his history of deception #badenclay @couriermail

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s

Fuller says the July 1 date he gave to Toni about the date of separation was his wife's birthday. Gerard agrees. #badenclay

Gerard is asked whether he wanted to resume the relationship in December, 2011. He says no after saying yes earlier. #badenclay

Fuller says Toni gave him an out that day. Gerard says he can't remember. #badenclay

Fuller says Gerard gave the same commitment to Toni at the coffee shop. #badenclay

11:44am: Mr Fuller noted July 1 happened to be his wife's birthday.

"It also happens to be today," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

11:43am: Mr Fuller has questioned Mr Baden-Clay about the emails he sent to Toni McHugh promising to be with her "unconditionally" by July 1.

The email read: "This is agony for me too. I love you. I'm sorry you hung up on me. It sounded like you were getting very angry. I love you GG. Leave things to me now. I love you GM."

Mr Baden-Clay and Ms McHugh called each other GG for "Gorgeous Girl" and GM for "Gorgeous Man".

Mr Baden-Clay has insisted he sent the emails to placate Ms McHugh.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36B2xf0vC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria