The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those tissues should be tested for dampness :whistle:

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m
#badenclay very emotional as he recalls asking his sister if she thought it was too early to call police. @7NewsBrisbane

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m
Gerard #badenclay says he asked his sister Olivia if she thought it was too early to call police. She said no. He's crying. @9NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Dabs face with a hanky, blows nose, grabs a tissue, dabs eyes again, 'sorry, where are we' #badenclay

I wonder if the Dickies and the BCs are on speaking terms. In court do they nod or say hello to each other or do they ignore one another?

Hopefully they are civil for the children's sakes.

247 watchers

Why would they, as far as they are concerned their son killed their daughter

He only needed to pull into the parking area on the side of the road, which wouldn't have been any different from the dust etc you'd get from random driving over the western suburbs. It was during a period of dry weather.

AGREED, and dust and dirt would be little more than you would bring home from a cross country.

I think Todd Fuller knows this. He asked GBC about his real reason for working from home in the garage and put to GBC that it was because he was made redundant and didn't have a job.

yes I noticed that little dig :)

My comments have been misunderstood I think. I was meaning the morning she was missing there should have been evidence, especially in the car, of GBC crawling around under the bridge. Like dirt, leaves, etc. But as batwoman has pointed out, that evidence may not have been distinguishable from the leaves, grass etc that is found at the house. :)

And on the morning of the 20th they had no grounds to collect evidence, she was missing not dead at that stage, so anything collected then would be inadmissable in court.

the legal argument has been going for some time.....obviously neither party wants to give ground on the issue.

Nothing much is being made of the dresses Allison had to drop off for her friend. I would think that I would have had them out the night before and at least hanging ready so I didn't forget them. Better still in the car. I would not have had boxes of toys taking up the whole back section of the car.

Re: the dresses ----------- yes !

It's been established (to my satisfaction at least) that Allison was very apologetic about not returning the dresses far sooner. I'd go so far as to suggest Allison was embarrassed about it. So to my mind, despite all the problems with which she was forced to contend, she would have had the dresses either ready in the car, or placed within the house at a location she'd be sure to see next morning. I'm curious about those dresses as well, Aliwonders. Where were they? Were they in the vehicle when police seized it? Were they elsewhere? Did the friend ever receive them?

And on the morning of the 20th they had no grounds to collect evidence, she was missing not dead at that stage, so anything collected then would be inadmissable in court.

I think I saw a photo where there was a forensic van in their drive pretty early on.

I would have just thought there would be residual stuff in the car from his clothes/body etc after scrumming around under the bridge. But as batwoman has pointed out, perhaps that residual stuff was bits of grass and leaves the same as is found at the house, so they couldn't tell the difference. :)

Yeah. Also If you had any sense, you'd take a spare set of clothes, change into them before getting back in the car, (or wear overalls or something for the messy stuff) then throw the lot in the wash when you got home.

Was out this afternoon and am finally caught up. So glad the prosecution has been bringing up many of the same points that we've all had!

Yeah. Also If you had any sense, you'd take a spare set of clothes, change into them before getting back in the car, (or wear overalls or something for the messy stuff) then throw the lot in the wash when you got home.

Or toss them to someone else for disposal

Or give them to your trusty helper to get rid of.

I didn't know that. So does that mean the phones, cars etc being taken by police is also inadmissable.

the legal argument has been going for some time.....obviously neither party wants to give ground on the issue.

Wonder what he meant here with "honestly"? Sounds exasperated/annoyed to me but I'm not sure why - ?

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 2h
Fuller reads out the blog. Gerard laughs, says 'honestly', defence asks to raise a matter and jury told to leave #badenclay

Wonder what he meant here with "honestly"? Sounds exasperated/annoyed to me but I'm not sure why - ?

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 2h
Fuller reads out the blog. Gerard laughs, says 'honestly', defence asks to raise a matter and jury told to leave #badenclay

Yes I thought that he may have become somewhat exasperated by the prosecution.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s
We're back. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members