The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it seems fairly likely he might have dressed Allison in walking gear which explains the oversized pants in some ways. It is not that easy to dress someone who cannot move so he might have gotten oversized pants to make it easier to pull them up. The jumper might have been put on either because it was cool that early in the morning (so jumper on to make it seem likely she left early in the morning) or to make it easier to drag her through the back patio into the carport. I also think that with the position of the girls rooms at the front of the house, he would have gone out the back via the patio to avoid accidentally being seen loading Allison into the car. He probably backed the car in to put Allison in the boot.

And maybe dear ole game warden, NBC brought some of EBC's clothes to help GBC -re-dress Allison as putting fitting clothes on a dead weight is virtually impossible!

So where are the chequered pyjamas if they're not in the picture??

June 27, 2014

Mr Byrne said Baden-Clay went to bed, leaving his wife on the lounge in chequered pyjamas and socks at 10.30pm and never saw her again.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...968217967?nk=85bfb3c1973b74090a1ca465c0a1221a

This is a very pertinent point. Where are those pajamas? If all the trouble happened on the walk the pajamas should have been found. Were they? If she was abducted from the house in pajamas then she'd have been found in pajamas or at least certainly not one of her own walking outfits, a strange criminal wouldn't know what to put her in to look like she'd been walking. No reason for two outfits to be missing unless she was killed in one and changed into the other. Do we know if the pajamas were found?

This is a very pertinent point. Where are those pajamas? If all the trouble happened on the walk the pajamas should have been found. Were they? If she was abducted from the house in pajamas then she'd have been found in pajamas or at least certainly not one of her own walking outfits, a strange criminal wouldn't know what to put her in to look like she'd been walking. No reason for two outfits to be missing unless she was killed in one and changed into the other. Do we know if the pajamas were found?

I'm guessing those PJ's had some blood on them , . . perhaps from Allison's head injury . . . the same blood that was in the car . . .

I can't believe he said they are not in the photo...he should KNOW the pyjamas must have been somewhere in the house if oh so innocent...

Just another piece of evidence that may not have come to light if Gerred hadn't testified in his own defence. Nice work! "Give someone enough rope . . . . "

The pajamas will be vitally important -when I leave before my hubby - I throw my PJ's straight back on the bed. And often they hit him in the face. (its not my intention but I have terrible aim from the shower!) If They don't go back on the bed then they are in the laundry basket in the main ensuite. If the jarmies aren't around - it is highly suspicious. Seriously its just something so mundane in daily life! Why would they be missing on such an important occasion such as Allison's death!

Quoting myself here again...What I don't understand about the finances, if someone could explain... what was the 3 x $90 000 spent on, seeing as he needed to borrow another $300 000 for the rent roll?

Gerard used the $270,000 to pay a debt to Peter Crana.

I don't think that's correct. He paid Peter Cranna back $50 000 that he got from Ben and Jocelyn when they bought in?

He had borrowed $90 000 from Robert Cheesman, Stuart Christ and Peter Cranna each loaned Mr Baden-Clay $90,000 to help keep his real estate agency Century 21 Westside afloat.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...than-270000-20140624-zsk9o.html#ixzz36CqEqi9I

So he wouldn't have then given that straight back to him again. So again where did the money go? It didn't go on the rent roll. And did I read correctly that he paid Jocelyn and Ben only $1 each for their stake in the sales end of the business..? Has it been addressed anywhere where this money was spent??

My take was that he was studiously avoiding the question, and being a smart-a to boot. I don't believe for a minute that Fuller was asking him to pick out the pjs in the photo - but GBC repeated a couple of times that they weren't in the photo. If he had known what Allison would be wearing for her walk, then surely he would have checked to see if her pjs were actually somewhere in the house.

Okay. That was my first take, that he was dodging the question. But it just seemed such an odd (and smart-a) reply. Suddenly the whereabouts of those pyjamas becomes very interesting. I don't recall this being discussed before (though I will freely admit I haven't kept up with everything!). I hope we hear more about this tomorrow.

Could they have asked the children about the clothes their mother was found in? I am sure they would know if they belonged to Mummy or Nanna

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 10s
Fuller: did you see her pyjamas. Gerard: I don't see them in that picture #badenclay

Dodgy, dodgy, dodgy answer.

And in other thoughts, given that GBC had already been out 'looking' in the Captiva before the police arrived… were Olivia or Nigel ever questioned about where the Captiva was parked when they arrived?

Yes, NBC mentioned it in his testimony on day 1 of the trial.

Prosecution really need to cover the pajamas and where they are more if they are missing.

I don't see where the treadmill is in those photos. Is there a photo with the treadmill in it?

I liked they asked GBC if she'd had any injuries or reported bleeding in the car. That was good. For that blood she'd have had to have one and might have lamented bleeding in the new car.

Allison's pyjama's are in the same place the clothes he had on when he murdered Allison.

The whereabouts of the pyjamas is important. If they are missing then that is very suspicious. I hope we hear more on this. Good job to the police/prosecution for picking up the difficulty of Allison being able to put the phone on the charger in the bedroom. We didn't know that's where the charger was located until today.

Okay. That was my first take, that he was dodging the question. But it just seemed such an odd (and smart-a) reply. Suddenly the whereabouts of those pyjamas becomes very interesting. I don't recall this being discussed before (though I will freely admit I haven't kept up with everything!). I hope we hear more about this tomorrow.

I don't recall the "missing" pyjamas being discussed before either. This is a very interesting turn of events. Missing PJ's but Allison found in her "walking gear".

Quoting myself here again...What I don't understand about the finances, if someone could explain... what was the 3 x $90 000 spent on, seeing as he needed to borrow another $300 000 for the rent roll?

I don't think that's correct. He paid Peter Cranna back $50 000 that he got from Ben and Jocelyn when they bought in?

He had borrowed $90 000 from Robert Cheesman, Stuart Christ and Peter Cranna each loaned Mr Baden-Clay $90,000 to help keep his real estate agency Century 21 Westside afloat.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...than-270000-20140624-zsk9o.html#ixzz36CqEqi9I

So he wouldn't have then given that straight back to him again. So again where did the money go? It didn't go on the rent roll. And did I read correctly that he paid Jocelyn and Ben only $1 each for their stake in the sales end of the business..? Has it been addressed anywhere where this money was spent??

I thought it was working capital and went on rent, wages, advertising etc to keep the business running

GBC didn't answer the question. He was being a smart arse with his answer! According to that tweet Fuller said did you see the pyjamas, not do you see the pyjamas.

No doubt he was being a smart bottom but then he states...

Gerard: don't know where her pyjamas were. Her shoes were missing and a pair of leggings she wore

He claims the last time he saw Allison she was wearing chequered pyjamas.

Those pyjamas would be the first thing you would look for to show whether she'd changed into something else or not.

Not once has anyone from the BC's family, especially GBC, pleaded for the police to find her true killer??? That speaks volumes IMO...

I reckon if they had have shouted it from the roof tops there would have been much more doubt and much more sympathy.

I don't recall the "missing" pyjamas being discussed before either. This is a very interesting turn of events. Missing PJ's but Allison found in her "walking gear".

I think this is VERY important to resolve...pjs should definitely be in the house if nothing suss happened with GBC...if not found there is obvious reason for him to get rid of them...

Where is Danny Boyle aka Dan the Man? Was he leading the investigation? Now we have 'fuller' gets to the full story.

Danny Boyle is second to Todd Fuller and he is beside Mr Fuller at the bar table. They have been sharing the questioning. Danny was doing lots of the questioning when when I was at court last week though I found he used UM at the beginning of nearly every sentence. Was annoying as he shouldn't be doing that as it's distracting and a no no in public speaking.

Maybe the missing pyjamas will be another smoking gun in addition to the scratches?

She had a level of 0.095% alcohol - but due to decomposition and fermentation, most or all of that would be produced after death. This was stated in the autopsy report.

If she had ingested alcohol before death, that level would be expected to be significantly higher due to the products of decomposition being added on top of the base level of alcohol.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member