The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10:36am: Under cross-examination from Mr Baden-Clay's defence counsel Michael Byrne QC, Dr Flegg said he would be "extremely surprised" if the screams he heard on the night of April 19, 2012, came from the Baden-Clays' home on Brookfield Road.

He said the Baden-Clays' home was more than 1.5 kilometres from his home.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35VqC2xMP

This is consistent with the children having heard nothing at home. The screams may have been somewhere between BC's and Flegg.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s

Robert Cheesman called to give evidence #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 28s

Next to give evidence is Robert Cheesman. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman owns a consulting business. He is friends with Gerard. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman says he met Gerard in 1983 in high school. They've been close friends every since. #badenclay

Gerard was best man at Mr Cheesman's wedding. #badenclay

* the forensic accountant next, * praying* ..

Oh for *%$# sake - give me a break Fleggy..! What an absolutely idiotic thing to say! What does a scream sound like from somebody with a reduced level of consciousness? And especially one that carries over a kilometre?

I really am getting very curious as to Fleggy's evidence, ....

I agree

<modsnip>

I have my trusty calculator, pens and paper all over the place , .. * drooling* ..

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 4m

Dr Flegg says it was a single, reverse crescendo volume, tapering off. "What I would describe as having an involuntary quality." #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 4m

Dr Flegg describes it as a sound of someone whose level of consciousness is being altered. #badenclay

What on earth does that mean? And if it sounded that bad and he was that concerned as to the nature of it, did he call police??

Oh for *%$# sake - give me a break Fleggy..! What an absolutely idiotic thing to say! What does a scream sound like from somebody with a reduced level of consciousness? And especially one that carries over a kilometre?

I really am getting very curious as to Fleggy's evidence, ....

I just thought the same thing. What a bizarre sentence!! It's pure supposition.....nobody could tell that from hearing a scream in the distance.

:floorlaugh:

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 1m

Mr Cheesman owns a computer consulting business and is a friend of Gerard's since high school #badenclay

Gerard was best man at Mr Cheesman's wedding #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 31s

Mr Cheesman says Gerard told him in February, 2011, he had suffered some setbacks after the floods and his partners had left. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman says he lent Gerard $90,000 in March, April, May, 2011. Two of their friends also lent Gerard money. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman: The business was clearly in trouble but I saw a way out. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman says the expenses were too high. They were paying too much rent and had some staffing issues. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman: in February 2011, Gerard said he suffered some setbacks with floods and declining real estate market #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 52s

They spent a month gong through the books, then three friends loaned money to Gerard #badenclay

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 31s

Mr Cheesman loaned Gerard $90,000. The business was in trouble 'but I saw a way out' #badenclay

Emmy Kubainski &#8207;@emmykubainski 28s

High school friend & best man Robert Cheesman on the stand. Lent Gerard Baden-Clay $90k with 10% interest @7NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 33s

Mr Cheesman says there was no written agreement but Gerard would pay 10 per cent interest. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman says he got three or four months of interest repayments from Gerard. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman says he never got any of his $90,000 back. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman: we never got around to a formal agreement, he was to pay 10 per cent interest #badenclay

Gerard paid interest for three or four months - Mr Cheesman #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou

Mr Cheesman says he was fairly heavily involved in the business, reviewing all the payments going out, until Sept/Oct 2011. #badenclay

Mr Cheesman says he and Gerard would talk several times a week. #badenclay http://bit.ly/UCqb1j

Kate Kyriacou &#8207;@KateKyriacou 44s

Mr Cheesman says he was fairly heavily involved in the business, reviewing all the payments going out, until Sept/Oct 2011. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme