The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 24th June - Trial Day 9, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Mr Cranna says it was a loan, he put no term on the loan. He says he doesn't remember the interest rate. #badenclay

These three are insinuating that because they didn't ask for the money back there wasn't any stress put onto GBC so what the problem? Finance wasn't a problem.

Owed...$90 000, $90 000, $90 000 plus $96 000 ! Total $366 000 ! Yikes !
Wonder if he owed anyone else...

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s

Mr Cranna is being asked whether he had known Gerard to grow a beard in past. "He had more impressive facial hair than I did." #badenclay

Mr Cranna has been excused. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Mr Cranna: in 22 year friendship we had competitions with each other to see who could grow the most facial hair #badenclay

This all sounds very loan sharky to me .. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 43s

Professor James Wallman to give evidence by phone #badenclay

So many friends to lend him money, yet no good friend to tell him to stand up and be a man and face what he has done! Men!!!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s

Next we have Professor James Wallman, who is giving evidence by phone. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Mr Cranna: in 22 year friendship we had competitions with each other to see who could grow the most facial hair #badenclay

Maybe a better question would have been 'has the accused ever known to grow a beard when he had cut himself badly whilst shaving?'.:scared:

Is it just me, or do others find that many of the witnesses are not questioned as closely as one might hope for and expect?

I wonder does the prosecution tender a witness statement to the court which is fully written and signed and then just examine the witness on a few aspects of their statement while they are in the box.

I'm waiting for a cross-examination question that is outside the examination - to see.

These three are insinuating that because they didn't ask for the money back there wasn't any stress put onto GBC so what the problem? Finance wasn't a problem.

Cash flow was still a problem though and nobody else left to borrow from.

Owed...$90 000, $90 000, $90 000 plus $96 000 ! Total $366 000 ! Yikes !
Wonder if he owed anyone else...

All this loaned over what assets? the rent roll which was actually owned by the partners who nobody talked to?
GBC must have been doing a mad tap-dance constantly to keep lenders from talking to partners, mistresses from wife, partners and lenders from wife...business accounts from personal accounts...family from in-laws....

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 34s

Prof Wallman is a forensic entomologist, looks at insects associated with legal matters #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s

Prof Wallman has been a forensic entomologist since the 1990s. He looks at insects associated with legal matters. #badenclay

Prof Wallman was given samples of insects by police. He was asked to identify and provide a minimum time since Allison's death. #badenclay

Prof Wallman was also asked whether he could tell whether Allison's body was submerged in the creek where she was found. #badenclay

Prof Wallman was given the specimens on the afternoon of April 30, 2012. #badenclay

These friends of GBC have a chance of getting their money back if he is found not guilty, so $90,000 each for appearing for the defense.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s

Prof Wallman was given samples from the #badenclay case, asked to identify them and try to provide a minimum time since Allison's death.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 13s

Mr Cranna is being asked whether he had known Gerard to grow a beard in past. "He had more impressive facial hair than I did." #badenclay

Mr Cranna has been excused. #badenclay

A simple 'yes' or 'no'!
Sheesh!

These friends of GBC have a chance of getting their money back if he is found not guilty, so $90,000 each for appearing for the defense.

a very slim chance.. no papers were signed.. .... and they will be last on the end of a long long queue....

12:34pm: Under cross-examination from defence barrister Michael Byrne QC, Mr Cranna said he believed Mr Baden-Clay's business was heading in the right direction in 2012.

"I knew if we could tough it out in this period it would improve and the profitability would come," he said.

Mr Cranna has been excused.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-9-week-3-20140624-3apn6.html#ixzz35WJq4j38

These guys would have to say these things otherwise they would look just as incompetent at business as Gerred. Seriously, if he were to say that they made a terrible error of judgement no one would want them near their business. Well, I for one wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member