The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Kate hasn't mentioned the cut. I wonder if BrisbaneTimes has left out the word "not"...??

did "not" cut his hand while helping with reno??

Bit confusing...

Text copied from Detective McCleod's first bail application charge sheet and summary.

The defendant stated that he received this injury whilst he was changing a light bulb at a house he was preparing for open house.

An employee of the Century 21 business, Jody Meynell, was present at this time and refuted this claim that the injury was sustained during the preparation of the open house.

Evidence on the ratchet screwdriver?

What a wonderful husband he is.

Rushing and panicking to get the children to school
Checking if the children were up and dressed.
Heating up Allison rollers, if you please.
Making lunches.
Even Making the bed! Oh please! Oh what a catch he is.
Texting Kate
All at the same time showering and sitting on the toilet.
Lovingly concerned for his wife.

WHAT A CROCK!

In my opinion ! Not one of the baden clay mob " could lie straight in Bed"!!
Baden by name and BAADEN by nature!!

Interesting! Why would OW text Al the night she goes missing/dies? I thought OW and Al weren't as close as they may have been early in the marriage?

This would prob have been about the sleepover which was planned for the next night - prob a text followed by the call which took place between OW and Allison soon after (this is going by OWs version of events).

I thought it was the other way will check back

It seems Kate Kyriacou and Brisbane Times have different versions...I think.
Kate Kyriacou's tweet was TO parent's home....
Brisbane Times has from parent's house....

12.40pm: The 70th witness in the trial is Detective Sen-Constable Cameron McLeod, who is currently assigned to Taskforce Maxima.

He said he was the officer who arrested Gerard Baden-Clay.

Sen-Constable McLeod said it was 13km between the Baden-Clay family home to the place where Allison Baden-Clay’s body was found under the Kholo Creek Bridge.

He said it would take between 13 and 20 minutes to drive between the two places, depending on the traffic.

Sen-Constable McLeod said he was present at an interview with the accused when he told police he cut himself shaving.

He said he requested Baden-Clay’s razor on April 21, 2012.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Baden-Clay gave the razor to police and it was wrapped in Glad Wrap.

He said medication was found in the house, including Maxolon, Amoxycillin (both antibiotics) and three asthma puffers.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Ms Baden-Clay’s phone was never found.

He said her phone was triangulated between three cell towers to within a 4km radius.

He said the location of the phone triangulation pinpointed an address on Boscombe Rd.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226965646588

The jury was shown parts of Ms Baden-Clay’s journal.

Crown prosecutor Danny Boyle revealed pages headed “affirmations” and “My Gratitude List” as well as a few entries intermingled with children’s drawings, scribbles and pieces that had been cut out.

He said at the back of the diary were further entries from 2010.

Sen-Constable McLeod read an entry from April 18, 2012.

It showed a list of hand-written questions:

Movies – drive together, how many times, what see, dinner?, scared of being seen, kiss/hug
Snowy: drive together, seats down, lie there afterwards, how many tis? Do afterwards? Drive home?

Layout of house: sit together, couch/…

Bday – had three – remember 1? How paid for hotels?

Did she ever say – I feel bad because you’re married?

- How many people in office knew that you knew? How did that feel?

- Really hurt – had so many opportunities to tell me. – let me believe it was all my fault and therefore I was at your mercy.

- Peter said balls in your court, forced me to bow to you – think that’s where you wanted me.

- Do you regret the whole thing or just being caught? (A line was ruled through this)

- Were you prepared to live with the guilt if I hadn’t find out

- You said I was so different, laughed. Why? Afterwards – why so mean? – laughed at undies, told me I smelled. I couldn’t go back to her even if I wanted to.

Pictures – large portrait – with her?

The last entry said: “made me sick in stomach”.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226965646588

256945-4790ccba-fb74-11e3-9463-539ac6ca705b.jpg

1.05pm: Detective Sen-Constable Cameron McLeod said the police investigation was thorough from the day she was reported missing on April 20, 2012.

He said a forward command post was set up at the Brookfield Showgrounds where a running log was kept if people attended with information.

Sen-Constable McLeod said he searched the log and found a mention of Ms Apps being door-knocked at her home residence but there were no other entries to indicate further contact with her.

He agreed there was extensive media coverage of the search.

“There was a large volume of information that was being reported to the police, yes,” he said.

Sen-Constable McLeod said he saw a woman walking along Boscombe Rd but a woman had come forward identifying herself as that person.

He said he visited a number of pharmacies in the area to obtain records of prescriptions obtained by Allison Baden-Clay.

Sen-Constable McLeod said the Prado was involved in a traffic accident on April 16, 2012.

He said Baden-Clay was driving and side-swiped another car on Moggill Rd at Taringa.

He agreed Baden-Clay was working on renovating a house nearby.

Sen-Constable McLeod said he was told a body was found at 11am on April 30, 2012.

He said he went to Kholo Creek yesterday to look at potential access to the creek from various sites.

He used a map to show the jury where Kholo Creek Bridge was as well as Little Ugly Creek.

Sen-Constable McLeod said they met a resident who lived on Wirrabara Rd to inspect entry into the creek.

He said they also visited the Tyamolum scout camp off Bunya Rd and walked down to the creek, which was approximately 1.5km upstream of the Kholo Creek Bridge.

He pointed out another bridge where Kholo Creek could be accessed, roughly 4.6km upstream of the bridge.

Sen-Constable McLeod said there were rocks and fallen tree branches in the creek.

He said it was generally densely foliaged with steep river banks in the area around Kholo Creek Bridge.

He said Kholo Creek was not within the police search area up until the time the body was found.

Sen-Constable McLeod said the investigation included financial examinations and agreements in relation to the sale of the rent roll.

The jury was shown an agreement for sale of shares and units that belonged to Jocelyn Frost, Benjamin Bassingthwaite and Baden-Clay’s real estate business on November 23, 2011.

He tendered a deed of variation that related to the same parties and a second guarantor, called Settle Westside Pty Ltd, dated December 20, 2011.

The jury was shown a number of clauses which set out payments of $180,000 to Ms Frost and $90,000 to Mr Bassingthwaite be made by June 30, 2012.

In cross-examination by barrister Michael Byrne QC, for Baden-Clay, he agreed the accused was willing to speak and co-operate with police.

He agreed that had taken place even after the accused had consulted a lawyer.

He agreed Baden-Clay provided his razor to police.

Sen-Constable McLeod said it took between 13 and 20 minutes to drive one way from the Baden-Clay home at Brookfield to the Kholo Creek Bridge at Anstead.

He agreed a return trip would take twice as long.

I appreciate the journal is evidence but I felt it was a horrible invasion of privacy for the whole world to hear what were her own private thoughts.

:(

The jury was shown a list of phone calls and cell tower locations made on April 19, 2012.

Sen-Constable McLeod identified a call from Ms Baden-Clay to a hair dressers at 4.38pm that day.

He also identified a call from Toni McHugh to the accused that lasted 415 seconds at 5.03pm.

Sen-Constable McLeod identified a call from Toni McHugh to Baden-Clay lasting 573 seconds at 5.15pm.

He said another call was registered from Ms McHugh to the accused lasting 796 seconds at 5.25pm.

Another call was registered from Ms McHugh to her own phone number at 5.40pm, lasting approximately four seconds.

He said a call was made from Ms Baden-Clay to the Baden-Clay home number at 6.26pm, lasting just one second.

He said Ms Baden-Clay called the accused in a call lasting 21 seconds at 6.27pm.

The jury was shown a series of text messages sent by Baden-Clay to his staff members that night.

He said a text was sent from Olivia Walton to Ms Baden-Clay at 8.15pm

Sen-Constable McLeod said Baden-Clay sent a text to his wife at 8.22pm.

He said Ms Baden-Clay’s phone was registered with the Kenmore tower at 8.57pm.

He said the Ms Baden-Clay’s phone was identified by the Fig Tree Pocket cell tower the next morning 6.27am.

Sen-Constable McLeod said a phone tower could be picked up by another cell tower depending on the volume being experienced by different towers in the area.

He said Baden-Clay telephoned his wife at 6.32am and the call lasted 34 seconds, likely to have been a voicemail message.

He said a call was registered from the Baden-Clay home phone to Elaine Baden-Clay, the mother of the accused, at 6.44am.

Sen-Constable McLeod said a call from Baden-Clay to his wife was recorded 6.45am, lasting eight seconds.

He said Baden-Clay called his mother again at 6.46am, lasting for 115 seconds.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Baden-Clay called Indooroopilly Police Station at 6.53am.

He said Olivia Walton sent an SMS message to Baden-Clay at 6.55am and shortly afterwards, he phoned her.

He said Nigel Baden-Clay called the accused on a call lasting 55 seconds at 6.56am.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Wendy Mollah sent a text message to Ms Baden-Clay’s phone at 6.56am.

He said Baden-Clay called his wife again at 7.02am, with the call lasting 12 seconds.

Another was made from the phone of the accused to Ms Baden-Clay at 7.03am and again, from the home phone, at 7.06am

He said Baden-Clay phoned Kate Rankin at 7.09am.

He said Baden-Clay contacted PoliceLink at 7.15am.

“It’s the general phone number for requesting police assistance,” he said.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Baden-Clay phoned 000 at 7.15.27 seconds.

He said Baden-Clay phoned his wife again at 7.35am.

The jury was shown a log where the Baden-Clay home number called Ms Baden-Clay’s phone again at 8.48am.

He said the Baden-Clay home line called Fiona Christ’s home phone number at 9.31am.

Another call from Baden-Clay to Geoffrey Dickie was registered at 9.51am.

He said Baden-Clay phoned a number belonging to Vanessa Fowler 9.52am.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Baden-Clay called Kerry-Anne Walker at 9.58am.

12.40pm: The 70th witness in the trial is Detective Sen-Constable Cameron McLeod, who is currently assigned to Taskforce Maxima.

He said he was the officer who arrested Gerard Baden-Clay.

Sen-Constable McLeod said it was 13km between the Baden-Clay family home to the place where Allison Baden-Clay’s body was found under the Kholo Creek Bridge.

He said it would take between 13 and 20 minutes to drive between the two places, depending on the traffic.

Sen-Constable McLeod said he was present at an interview with the accused when he told police he cut himself shaving.

He said he requested Baden-Clay’s razor on April 21, 2012.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Baden-Clay gave the razor to police and it was wrapped in Glad Wrap.

He said medication was found in the house, including Maxolon, Amoxycillin (both antibiotics) and three asthma puffers.

Sen-Constable McLeod said Ms Baden-Clay’s phone was never found.

He said her phone was triangulated between three cell towers to within a 4km radius.

He said the location of the phone triangulation pinpointed an address on Boscombe Rd.

Now that is just slack reporting. First, Maxolon is not an antibiotic - it's an anti-nausea medication.

Second, how can the cell tower triangulation locate the phone to a 4Km radius, yet at the same time pinpoint it to an address on Boscombe Rd?
The "Find the iPhone" app thingy was the one that pinpointed it to 61 Boscombe Rd - behind the BC house. That would have been accurate to within 5m or less.
But I AM surprised - and have been since they first mentioned this - that the cell tower triangulation put the phone within a 4Km radius. Where I live (not far away from the BC house), I only have access to a couple of towers, and despite that, even indoors with no GPS access by the iPhone itself, not only can the cell towers put my phone in the correct house - it usually puts it pretty much in the right room! So I'm puzzled by the 4Km radius bit.

But the mystery remains as to why the app put the blue dot in the garden of 61 Boscombe Rd (and that would have been pretty accurate) but nothing was found even with a fingertip search.

I wonder how long it was between Kellie Thomson finding that blue dot on GBC's phone, and the start of the search? Plenty of time for GBC or somebody he contacted to go find the phone and get rid of the bloody thing?

I appreciate the journal is evidence but I felt it was a horrible invasion of privacy for the whole world to hear what were her own private thoughts.

:(

sure I agree but she has no private life now and if it helps nail him then that is a good thing and Allison would be glad about her *advertiser censored* husband getting what he deserves ,still VERY sad for the Dickies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0