The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker. A quick thank you to everyone for keeping updates happening and all the valuable comments and information.

I have a question. While they were able to pinpoint where Alison's phone was on the day she went missing, were they able to tell what time it was taken off her charger? I would have thought that anyone attending a seminar the next day would have made sure that their phone was fully charged. Have I missed this info?

First time poster too :greetings:

Because Allison's phone was never found they can't tell when it was charged. That would have been interesting to know.

These posts pretty much summarise the way I'm thinking at the minute ...

[B said:
Trooper[/B][/B];10659039]
will he.. or wont he?? he has to go first if he is going to go.. so the wait will not be ultra excruciatingly prolonged...

does Gerard think he can outsmart and out charm Danny Boyle?? has Danny played it low key all this time to lure Gerard into thinking this?? will Gerard take Mr Byrnes heavily paid for, or at least heavily billed for, perhaps not exactly as yet paid for advice??

[B said:
Total[/B];10660968]
Just think it has taken us two plus years to digest every bit of info around this case. If the Prosecution were to present everything that we think is relevant the trial would go to Xmas and the jury would deliberate for a year. In representing the Crown, the Prosecution has to be meticulous and fair, to justice and the law overall. I think they have presented a good case, with sufficient evidence to convict him.

The prosecution case is circumstantial and it would be so ironic if GBC insisted on appearing in his own defence, only to drop himself right in the mire - and very publicly.

Though I haven't posted in yonks I'm suddenly aware that this case could be done and dusted before we know it, and I thank all the sleuthers and mods who've contributed so much over the last 2+ years.

Let’s just say, the unthinkable happens and he walks. What exactly is GBC walking into? I can’t imagine anyone bankrolling a new business venture for him. He’s hardly going to be employable on any level. I doubt Toni would have him back. Can’t imagine any woman taking on a known serial cheater.
Even if he collects the insurance money – there are debts to creditors and lawyers, not to mention three broken little girls to provide and care for. With no income for rent, its back to <modsnip> in the spare room, friends distancing themselves, a tarnished reputation, a hyphenated name besmirched, the public humiliation across his entire personal, professional and social image. A mighty fall from grace with a resounding thud.
All in all, permanent residency with the lads offers a better lifestyle.

My thoughts exactly!

So bummed.... Off to hospital today for a minor op under GA- worst day to miss rolling updates!!!!! Arghh!!!! Hope I wake up quickly so I can catch up!! Lol

Hope it all goes well. If it's like my hospital experiences you won't get in to surgery until after court's out for the day, by which time you're seriously dehydrated and they can't find a vein. :sigh:

<respectfully snipped>
Yep they just having a desperate try on. Why not, nothing to lose.

So my thoughts. I think it is a strong circumstantial case. The prosecution has presented the relevant evidence but not overwhelmed the jury with the lots of interesting but not necessary information even though every bit interests us. The jury have lots of evidence as it is and it has been presented to them carefully and calmly.
<respectfully snipped>

Thank you Alioop. It's helpful to learn that the Prosecution has selected only 'relevant evidence' to prove the case for murder for the Jury, so they are not overwhelmed with too much detail - and then presented calmly and carefully. This makes sense IMO.

Is there a new thread for today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So bummed.... Off to hospital today for a minor op under GA- worst day to miss rolling updates!!!!! Arghh!!!! Hope I wake up quickly so I can catch up!! Lol

All the best and I wish you a speedy recovery. Maybe when you are coming to you'll mumble 'did he take the stand???'

Good luck with your op and recovery :)

The prosecution case is circumstantial and it would be so ironic if GBC insisted on appearing in his own defence, only to drop himself right in the mire - and very publicly.

I may be wrong (it happens frequently!) but I don't believe GBC will be giving evidence. In cases with prolonged, professional and thorough investigations the accused has had ample opportunity to put forward their version of events, there is usually very little to add and what needs to be clarified is usually done so during the cross examination of Crown witnesses.

If the defence does in fact call witnesses I'd expect at least 1 of them to be a mental health professional, in fact if I was a member of GBC's team they would be the only witness I would call. The prosecution appears to have painted a picture where Allison was in a good place mentally and from the defence point of view it is extremely important that the jury are made aware that frequently, perhaps even more often than not, people take their own lives when all appeared well outwardly. Please note that I'm in no way suggesting that Allison did in fact take her own life, only that if defence witnesses are called this may well be an avenue that they will pursue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme