The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any circumstance in which having had mr byrne tell jerred's life story, that jerred now hurts himself (a little bit more) and is incapacitated to take the stand? "Oops sorry 'bout that. Have to make your judgment without the oracle".

They were to use his words "a very private couple", and he tells the school principal? How bizarre!

How would he feel comfortable telling the school principal if his own parents didn't already know? The answer is of COURSE they must have known. Nigel was deliberately ambiguous on the stand. MOO.

I'm waiting for Mike Munro to walk out and hand GERARD the red book with THIS IS YOU LIFE on the cover.

I'm enjoying Mr Byrnes expose of the Life of Gerard... every now and then I collapse into snorts and giggles... its a Tale of Love Lost and Found.. .

so far..

Its when we get to the corpse in the creek bed, half buried in mud, exposed to wind and weather.. abandoned.... discarded.. that's when the rubber hits the road..

I am too...a bit of science fiction thrown in for good measure...it must be hard to deal with that with a straight face...and cannot be easy if you have been advising your client not to do this as it will be to his detriment. But, all kudos to you...even I didn't think he was so keen on his own performance. I just hope he doesn't break out in a 'Tie me kangaroo down sport..' Whilst on the stand...or worse 'I am Mr Peg........'

Don't you see it? Gerard will be the Mona Lisa? It is a public relations trick. The jury have to think of Gerard and and transfer some of the victim outrage they have had for Allison back on to him. They have to see him as part of the beauty that was Allison.

It is a bit like seeing Prince Charles shed a tear over Diana - it changes the whole axis.

Its well orchestrated indeed!
:seeya:

Given that Byrne is supposedly a top drawer QC, and given that this apparently long-winded and highly detailed opening address would seem to be a silly move (jury still awake there?) and he's going to have to put GBC up there to say it all again, I can't help wondering if this is a strategic ploy? Narrate the whole GBC story himself, as he thinks HE can be more convincing to the jury than GBC can? And of course, Byrne can't be cross-examined, so what he puts out there - is out there.

Apart from seeing it as a deliberate strategy, I can't for the life of me understand why he is doing this .....

I am feeling really doubtful about GBC actually getting up on the stand. Maybe some lame excuse beforehand will arise.
What if this happens? Does this whole spiel of Mr Byrnes become his closing argument with no option for the prosecution to cross examine any of GBC's "testimony"
Would the jury still consider the testimony that Mr Byrnes is giving? Would they be told to disregard it?
Worried about sneaky stuff going on here! :(

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Byrne says when Gerard and Toni resumed contact it was via text, email and occasionally meeting up. #badenclay

Obviously the fact that the phone was put on the charger at 1.18 am has been a worry for the defense, so they have introduced this "fact" about GBC handing his mobile to Alison every evening. Hope the jury will see through this.

It won't be hard to check his phone records-so no calls between 5pm and 6am daily -rubbish

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 49s

Byrne back up. Saying Gerard had no intention of being with Toni. Told her 1 July but knew it wouldn't happen. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard would appease Toni when she pressured him to leave. He never intended to leave Allison. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

He had no intention of being with her. Tried to appease her - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
He had no intention of being with her. Tried to appease her - defence #badenclay

Oh that's it then BYRNE WILL
ramble on till closing and leave this glowing story of the prince in the jurys mind ALL LONG WEEKEND!!!!!!

Byrne says when Gerard and Toni resumed contact it was via text, email and occasionally meeting up. #badenclay

'I love you GG. I will be with you unconditionally on July 1':floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member