The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All those magazine articles which cite experts, advising that if you suspect your partner is having an affair, you're probably correct

NBC, OW, GBC, all recounting endlessly about Allison's depression

No wonder she was depressed. Her spouse had been having affairs throughout. Those who're having affairs are invariably distant from their partner, critical of their partner and generally uncaring of their partner

Allison picked up on what was going on, but most probably dismissed from her mind the possibility GBC was having one affair, let alone multiples. So she blamed herself. Told herself she expected too much, maybe. Told herself that GBC must consider her boring, unsexy, etc

Then, late in the day and after years of an unsatisfactory marriage and relationship, she learned a little of the truth. It would have been a body-blow, but at the same time, would have answered so many questions

I do not believe -- no, I do not -- that GBC had such a monumental sex drive. He's one of the most prissy, unsexy men I've observed. It's my belief GBC knew what a premium Allison would have placed on fidelity and sought to torture her by stealth. The reason being, in my opinion, that he's a gender-confused misogynist

As they say, if your partner cheats, it's not you -- it's them. They have inadequacies, problems

GBC seems to have spent his entire life trying to paper over his inadequacies. No doubt he imagines he's coming across as a real stud to the males in his life and to those in the jury and wider world

I'm furious

11:20am: Mr Fuller: "You killed your wife, Mr Baden-Clay."

Mr Baden-Clay: "No, I did not."

The prosecutor put to Mr Baden-Clay that he had attacked his wife and the "only way" she could respond was to "lash out and claw his face".

"That is not true," Mr Baden-Clay replied.

Mr Fuller: "Probably as you smothered her and took her life from her."

Mr Baden-Clay: "That is not true. I never did anything to physically harm my wife in any way, ever."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36GolQy50

talking about Alisons depression wasn't helping HIM... might come out that he is causing depression right around Brisbane, 24/7

11:25am: Mr Fuller suggested Mr Baden-Clay dragged his wife's body to the boot of her Holden Captiva and then drove to Kholo Creek at Anstead where he dumped her body "unceremoniously" to "hurry back" to his sleeping children in the middle of the night.

"The suggestion that I would leave my children for any time, in the middle of the night, is absurd, let alone do the dastardly things you're suggesting," Mr Baden-Clay replied

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-14-week-4-20140702-3b76w.html#ixzz36GoxoYoo

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Gerard appears subdued on the stand as he answers questions from his defence barrister Michael Byrne #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m

#badenclay re journal - most instances Allison's writing, floor plan of Toni's house done by GBC, squiggles by children. @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 49s
Gerard is being shown a page from Allison's journal. He is being asked what a series of numbers mean. He doesn't know. #badenclay

An understatement if I ever heard one-

"Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou · 6m
"Some of the things I said and did were pretty naive and pretty stupid." #badenclay"

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

Slight pause as exhibits are put into place #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 26s

Jury is looking at a note from Allison in which she says she doesn't want to be alone - she is afraid of failing in her marriage #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s
Gerard has finished giving evidence. We are adjourned until 11.50am. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Gerard says he didn't know where it was kept. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s
Gerard says he doesn't know how long she had the journal. Some dates were a couple of years prior. #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 51s

#badenclay says Toni visited family home... they had sex on spare bed and on mattress in loungeroom. @7NewsBrisbane

Yet another example of GBC revelling in being able to spit not only on his wife this time (and by extension, his children, his marriage, his vows, etc.) but also his mistress

GBC must have loved being able to kill two birds/women with one stone. But as usual, he was too cowardly to confront either women with answers to their many questions

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 53s

Gerard says he doesn't know how long his wife had been using her journal #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 40s

#badenclay being shown Allison's diary where she wrote 'fear' and 'loneliness', but says doesn't know what it means. @7NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s

He didn't know where she kept it, later told it was kept under her bedside table #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

And that ends Gerard's evidence #badenclay

Gerard says he gave Toni a separation date he wouldn't keep because he was worried about her mental strength. #badenclay

And THAT was going to HELP her mental strength?

He HAS to be a complete misogynist.

Thank goodness he didnt know where Allison's diary was kept or that may have ended up missing like the phone

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s

Gerard: like running on a broken leg, talk wasn't healing depression #badenclay

GBC:
Only cure for depression is to
shut up about it?
compartmentalise?
put up with it?
take drugs?
forget about it?

simples !!

jmo

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s

Defence has previously said they will call evidence about tidal flows at Kholo Creek and about 'serotonin syndrome' #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman