The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only asset he has left is a possible interest in Allison's estate if he is found not guilty. That is mainly the life insurances and part of the proceeds of the sale of the investment property and perhaps half of their share holdings. Everything else has gone, presumably on legal fees. The book value of his business disappeared after Allison was found and he was arrested.

If he was doing so well, why were they months and months behind on all their payments, and begging for money from their local member? Why did they have to get an extension on their insurance payment? What a load of rubbish!
Why had he not bought a razor in six months?

He must have...as it is nowhere in any if the evidence by any of the medical experts !

Sorry if this has already been clarified by other Sleuthers....Allison's psychiatrist Dr Tom George noted that she had transient suicidal thoughts.

70k (even if prompt liquidation was possible) would last no more than a week in a privately funded murder defence.

Very happy am I to have no knowledge of that price list.

If he had net assets of $70k something, run it by me again how he qualifies for Legal Aid?

the pitiful $78,00.00 is not in liquid asset form.. it has that value , theoretically.. but if its liquidated, it would be about $12,000.00

net asset by no means conveys actual worth.. .

I don't know if the jury will accept the proposition that neither financial difficulties or wanting to end a marriage cannot be motives for murder. In fact they can be exactly that as shown by the number of people in jail convicted of murdering their spouse.

Gaols are full of people who were in financial difficulty.

Marly I can't find the bail documents. Can you please give me a link. I am wanting to check the forensic accountants statement.

BBM.

I'm sorry but I don't recall reading this in the evidence. Why would dad be telling her to be nice to mum because she is sick? This worries me a bit.[/QUOTE

I read it somewhere a while back will see if I can find the link

I'm confident that the prosecution can cross lines through nearly everything Byrne has put forward so far.
The comments regarding finance are absurd.
If life was so ro$y for GBC why would the banks have nothing to do with him and he needed to rely on handouts from friends?
And to suggest financial issues would never play a part in a murder case - ridiculous. I doubt he himself believes anything he is saying.

If he was doing so well, why were they months and months behind on all their payments, and begging for money from their local member? Why did they have to get an extension on their insurance payment? What a load of rubbish!

I read last night that their credit card didn't have any payments made since January that year, and that the minimum payment required was up over a couple of thousand dollars. What are the assets he is referring to - that total up over $500 000. Is he meaning their combined possessions? Things like household contents, jewellery etc.??

Very happy am I to have no knowledge of that price list.

Bear in mind that the Crown also has a vested interest in making sure that the defendant is competently represented, the last thing they want is to see the conviction they have worked literally years towards overturned on appeal because of defence negligence.

BBM.

I'm sorry but I don't recall reading this in the evidence. Why would dad be telling her to be nice to mum because she is sick? This worries me a bit.

I agree, where did this come from. It has not been mentioned prior to today.

the pitiful $78,00.00 is not in liquid asset form.. it has that value , theoretically.. but if its liquidated, it would be about $12,000.00

net asset by no means conveys actual worth.. .

It's about cash flow too. A business may have a book and a market value for sale purposes but that doesn't help pay the bills that are coming in the door. It takes time to sell a business and it's also not a good time to sell if there are cash flow difficulties. Cash flow affects its value and buyers like viable businesses that can pay their bills. So it's a catch 22 situation.

1.01pm: Mr Byrne asked the jury to consider the evidence of transportation of the body, including the absence of mud in the Captiva, on the wheels of the car, on shoes, around the house or on Gerard Baden-Clay’s clothing.

He asked the jury how the accused would have carried a body down the steep embankment at Kholo Creek, at night, when police officers had trouble traversing the same area during the daylight.

“This essential point of the Crown case, namely the transporting of the body and the dumping of it in the creek, just did not happen,” he said

Mr Byrne said Baden-Clay was on trial for murder and the evidence was the key.

“You do not ignore evidence, you don’t make excuses for the complete absence of any link between Kholo Creek and the house on Brookfield Rd because Allison is dead and someone must be punished,” he said.

“Our system presumes people to be innocent unless the evidence overwhelms…”

Mr Byrne said Baden-Clay phoned police at 6.53am on April 20, 2012.

He said the accused invites the first police to arrive into the house, its surrounds and the cars shortly afterwards.

“That conduct, you might think, is only consistent with a man who is anxious for his missing wife and wants her found and located as soon as practicable,” he said.

“You might think it’s completely at odds with a man attempting to conceal a crime and a man attempting to conceal a crime scene, because there is no crime scene at the house. A crime scene that wasn’t there.”

Mr Byrne took the jury to a power point slide on why the accused would kill his wife.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226979525605

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb