The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're on the home stretch now. :tyou: Amee you've been our main stayer through all the trial. Hats off to you. :)

Yep not long now.
Not really Prime, I nearly didnt make it past day 1, until Marly had a chat to me and I pulled the big girls panties on.

WS TEAM EFFORT :loveyou:

Thanks Marly :loveyou:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 12s

The jury has returned to the courtroom. #badenclay

The judge is asking the jury to contemplate sitting hours of 9am until 4.30pm excluding weekends. #badenclay

Fuller is back on his feet. #badenclay

Fuller asks the jury to contemplate the evidence through Gerard's eyes. #badenclay

Fuller says the suggested trigger that Allison was upset over the birth of her nephew came six years after her last child. #badenclay

Fuller says the affair might have been more on her mind than Gerard's brother having a baby boy. #badenclay

Fuller tells the jury the pressures were building on Gerard, personal life and business. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 48s
Prosecutor Todd Fuller discussing defence suggestions Allison was disappointed about not having a son #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 45s
Allison told her psychiatrist she was just worried for Gerard's sake - Fuller

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Fuller says the jury can safely conclude her body was dumped where it was found. Did not fall from bridge, did not wash up. #badenclay

Bam! Dad knew

I think Todd is suggesting that GBC was so good at deceiving that he was cocky enough to have an office affair right under his father's nose.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 52s
Justice John Byrne asks the jury to consider sitting 9am to 4.30pm excluding weekends during verdict deliberations #badenclay
Good suggestion Judge.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Fuller says the jury can safely conclude her body was dumped where it was found. Did not fall from bridge, did not wash up. #badenclay

Fuller says her body was found 13km from home. Would have taken a considerable distance to walk it. #badenclay

Fuller says both cars were at home. She either walked or was taken there by someone else - no evidence of that. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
What does Allison tell us in death? - Fuller

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s
Her body was dumped where it was located, it did not wash up or fall from the bridge - Fuller

It's 13km from her home, you've travelled that business - Fuller

It's a 13 minute to 20 minute drive, longer to walk - Fuller

Both the Baden-Clay cars are at home - Fuller

She is a reluctant walker - Fuller

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26s

Fuller says Allison was a reluctant exerciser. Do we have her walking that distance? #badenclay

Fuller says even Gerard said Allison normally walked to avoid hills. #badenclay

He seems to have covered so much in such a short time too! Without leaving out any detail. What a jet! Sharp, to the point and swift. No messing around with this bloke! Surely the jury will appreciate that too after yesterdays blah blah blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yep - I'm thinking the jury would have been well and truly over Byrne and his repetitive droning. It was frustrating enough from our end - at least we could multitask while waiting for him to finish. Imagine being planted in a seat in front of him and feeling obliged to look at him as he spoke! The only good thing about his long winded statements is that I don't feel like they did his client any favours at all.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s

Fuller says she did not walk there to die, did not negotiate her way down to the creek bank. #badenclay

Fuller says the police never found a single person who saw her walking. #badenclay

I was part of a jury earlier this year and you can be absolutley sure the 12 men and women are discussing the trial as it unfolds.
Every time they are asked to leave the courtroom for legal discussion, etc, they are ushered to their jury room and the moment that door shuts (often before the door shuts!) the room erupts with points of view and conversation about what they have just heard.
And when someone on the stand or at the bar is stretching truth, manipulating the info or clearly talking ****, the members of the jury do not hold back with their opinions. Of course, it is a mixed bag of personalities but I witnessed a lot of cynicism and scoffing. And I would definitely bet that that is what is occurring behind those closed doors in this trial. Many minds would be pretty much already made up, and they are listening for something to change their mind, rather than make it up.

Thanks Ford, this is only stuff that can come from someone who has been on a jury.

Fuller says even kayakers have to negotiate pipes to go along the creek. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

Fuller says the houses are some distance away from the Kholo Creek bridge. There is room to pull in a car. #badenclay

Fuller is showing the jury pictures of the Kholo Creek bridge area. #badenclay

Gerard tells us she doesn't like hills, yet she walks 13km to the bridge - Fuller

She has not walked there to die - Fuller

Even less likely if she put the phone on charge at 1.48am - Fuller

Not a single sighting of Allison on the morning of the 20th - Fuller

11:04am: "What does Allison tell us in death?" Mr Fuller asked.

"Let's start with where her body was found. You can safely conclude, in my submission, is that her body was dumped where it was found by [kayaker] Mr Joyce.

"It's over 13 kilometres from her home. It's a 13 to 20 minutes drive. you would think it would take a considerable time to walk that distance.

"Both of the Baden-Clay cars are at home, so she either had to walk there or be taken there by someone else."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-16-week-5-20140708-3bjkw.html#ixzz36pp4TgWB

Court shown a photo of Kholo Creek bridge, with area for a car to stop

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s

Fuller tells the jury to be careful of the presumptions they make. #badenclay

Fuller says the dark coloured Captiva less conspicuous than the white Prado with personalised plates. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s
Less suspicious in the Captiva then then white Prado - Fuller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members