The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 8th July - Trial Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridge.jpg
Entirely OT (thanks for the photo Marlywings) but the cracks in that bridge don't exactly inspire confidence about its safety...

This picture may give a better indication of distance etc. Allison's body is directly below and to the left of the circled 10. The distance from the pylon ledge does not look very far, when compared with the distance from the bridge railing above.

I was under the impression that the pants were the short-legged capri style - and therefore potentially tight/stretchy fabric, as opposed to the more relaxed full-length track suit-style?
If so, I think XXL is entirely feasible for someone with a size 12 top and maybe 14 bum. Remembering that many of these sizes are imports from countries where a size 12-14 is 'large'. Lorna Jane size XXL for instance would be close to a standard Aussie 14-16?

MOO

Just re-posting this info...

katies link: http://www.katies.com.au/Helpful-Links/Measuring-tips.aspx
They were Katies brand XXL With no pockets - that equates to a Katies size 20
The pants are 8 sizes larger than her tank top -
from the Katies sizes website:
2XL - Bust 116 - Waist 99 - Hip 126

ABC was wearing a BONDS jumper size XL:
The BONDs sizing for that garment size XL is:
Bust 102 - waist 83 - Hip 108
This equates to a size 16

The tank top with incorporated bra gives a better indication of ABC's size - it was a 12.
A size 12 is: Bust 92
and to add - the Short Stories brand Shelf Bra Tank Top is actually classified as sleepwear/intimates.
It was sold at Bras 'n Things (im not sure if they still have this brand).

Looks like I'll be lining up at court again in the morning. Todd Fuller is too good to miss :loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::clap::clap::clap:

I will be there too. Looking forward to the Judges summing up as well as Fullers final words. Having been in 2 of the legal argument sessions I have to say the Judge is amazing.

I will be there too. Looking forward to the Judges summing up as well as Fullers final words. Having been in 2 of the legal argument sessions I have to say the Judge is amazing.

I will be there too. Look for the eyes.

Here you go everyone......are there such things as coincidences???? LOL

View attachment 54392
:floorlaugh:that is hilariously coincidental! I saw this today on google and immediately thought of this trial.. I then realized when I clicked on it, it was to do with the world cup soccer.. but think most of us WS'ers probably saw it and thought the same thing.

Fuller says.. Gerard was a 'fence sitter'. he couldn't leave, and he didn't want to stay..... big chunk of truth there..

he hadn't quite finished with Alison.. he knew she was the better person... the cleverer one in the marriage, the one thing that really gave him genuine status.. he hated her for this on so many levels.. .

Yes, totally agree. He did hate her because of this - because deep down, superiority such as Gerard's actually masks an inferiority complex, hence the facade of success has to be created and can't be broken or the psyche of that person is broken. But deep down people like Gerard know that their close partner know who they really are, and what they are really like, and they hate them for it. To be truly known and understood is all many genuine people want, but for fakers like Gerard, it's the last thing they want.

Despite the other factors and possibly thoughts and partial plans of killing Allison at some point, I believe that on the night in question Allison did say something very telling to Gerard which hit a raw nerve, and he basically lost the plot and went for the jugular literally, and killed her weeks before he'd planned to. He then put in place some of the plans and excuses he had partially made. Problem was, he hadn't had time to plan it completely and so lots of things didn't work out or weren't properly covered.

Thanks Makara - completely agree.

I have been meaning to ask - is there any chance you could post the beautiful picture you created of Allison's daughters (three ballerinas with sunflowers) back in 2012? Such a beautiful and touching picture and I'm not sure how to find it myself. Would you mind sharing it again? xx

Do I don't mind sharing it again. Will do ASAP.

Sorry, I am late to read the early pages from today(yesterday now given the time ;)). But I totally agree the whole confession of affairs to police and in court, to me was to try to show 'hey look, I'm fallable, made a mistake, but I'm honest about it all'...Pfft, yeah right..

I am surprised the defence didn't suggest that watching The Footy Show could have been a trigger for suicide. More likely than the birth of a beautiful little boy!

LOL... I read that wrong - I thought you were implying 'A birth of a baby boy on The Footy Show' was a trigger.

:crazy:

What's really pee'd me off is that GBC did it again! He lied about Allison's pyjama's and we fell for it! He sat there and lied under oath without batting an eyelid! The ! Quite a few of us were later discussing and offering up different scenario's of what happened to those blue and white checked pyjamas! They don't exist other than in GBC's mind! Todd Fuller was onto him immediately! :happydance: I kept thinking when Todd was cross examining GBC that it was a case of YKIK = You know I know. I wasn't in the courtroom but I just felt that Todd Fuller was very subtly letting GBC know that he wasn't fooling anyone.

The midnight gremlins are keeping me awake. Of course our WS pinup man has everything covered. I am just wondering about the interfering with a corpse charge, or maybe he will get to that in the morning. I really would like Fuller to nail him for everything and anything, even if it will not make GBC receive a larger sentence because of the concurrent serving of time. As Trooper so eloquently put a few weeks ago that only a coroner can decide if someone has died. If GBC indeed asphyxiated Allison, which I think he did, when did death occur. I think it is appropriate that his sick, despicable and unbelievable cruelty in leaving Allison in that cold and wet place, without truly knowing if she was death or barely alive, gets put on the record. This is all what makes it such a heinous crime. I hope he has nightmares every single night.

How GBC would have behaved, if Allison only months/years later would have found, I wonder?

What's really pee'd me off is that GBC did it again! He lied about Allison's pyjama's and we fell for it! He sat there and lied under oath without batting an eyelid! The ! Quite a few of us were later discussing and offering up different scenario's of what happened to those blue and white checked pyjamas! They don't exist other than in GBC's mind! Todd Fuller was onto him immediately! :happydance: I kept thinking when Todd was cross examining GBC that it was a case of YKIK = You know I know. I wasn't in the courtroom but I just felt that Todd Fuller was very subtly letting GBC know that he wasn't fooling anyone.

Yeah, I think that's so possible - the girls didn't mention that mummy had a pair of pyjamas like that when they were asked - I don't think its something they would forget.

Im glad too that Fuller brought up the pyjama subject just enough for it to hit home like a comet.

Despite the other factors and possibly thoughts and partial plans of killing Allison at some point, I believe that on the night in question Allison did say something very telling to Gerard which hit a raw nerve, and he basically lost the plot and went for the jugular literally, and killed her weeks before he'd planned to. He then put in place some of the plans and excuses he had partially made. Problem was, he hadn't had time to plan it completely and so lots of things didn't work out or weren't properly covered.
This makes sense - a poster early on (A local I think), theorised that the deed was planned to occur a few weeks later, when the Brookfield Show was on nearby, & her "disappearance" & subsequent discovery could be attributed to some passing random "show type". Possibly Allison having made moves towards altering the Life Insurance policy (thereby diminishing his pay out that he had come to rely upon, &/or altering the beneficiaries to exclude him), provided motivation to act sooner. Allison was very likely aware that TM was very much current on the scene ( as suggested by her txt message regarding GBC & his companion putting the seats down in Snowy), and potentially she had changed her stance regarding staying in the marriage, to time to "get out". Initially willing to forgive one indiscretion, she may have been keen to knuckle down & work on the relationship, but realizing that the betrayal was ongoing - she may have altered her view to " Here we go again - I'm not doing another round of this nonsense", & threatened to call the lawyers. GBC clearly didn't fear losing Allison per se, but he did hugely fear losing "control" of her, & this may have made him act quickly, in order to retain control of the situation.

There has been 3-4 that I have witnessed (interjections)....not sure I am allowed to share on public forum. One that I know that was probably ok to share is TF bringing up Gerbils blog and the contents of it. Not sure I can say anymore.

Just here to echo everyone's thoughts about QC Fuller. What an outstanding job he (and Mr Boyle) are doing. As others have said, I really felt he was Allison's voice yesterday. I was thinking in the middle of the night what enormous pressure the prosecution must have on them to secure a conviction - from the police, Allison's family and most of the public. I'm very grateful for what they do, no matter the outcome.

I have to admit that I barely followed the defence's closing argument. I just couldn't bear listening to all the crap (IMO) that I knew would be spouted. And you know what, I completely understand that they are doing a job, too, and a hard one, but the emotional side of me just feels angry and upset at hearing things like Allison being slammed for going to the hairdresser not the parent teacher interview.

Our goalkeeper (world best) Manuel Neuer

Attachments

• NeuerWM.jpg
    NeuerWM.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 126
The ground underneath may have been relatively soft & her body just rolled down into the mud...

The cement ledge is visible in this pic...
602521-388f3ab4-f01e-11e3-9864-fbd77bf88dfa.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226948779375

Thanks marly!

So the ledge is the concrete surrounding the pillar directly underneath those police officers on the right? How do you get there?

Just re-posting this info...

katies link: http://www.katies.com.au/Helpful-Links/Measuring-tips.aspx
They were Katies brand XXL With no pockets - that equates to a Katies size 20
The pants are 8 sizes larger than her tank top -
from the Katies sizes website:
2XL - Bust 116 - Waist 99 - Hip 126

ABC was wearing a BONDS jumper size XL:
The BONDs sizing for that garment size XL is:
Bust 102 - waist 83 - Hip 108
This equates to a size 16

The tank top with incorporated bra gives a better indication of ABC's size - it was a 12.
A size 12 is: Bust 92
and to add - the Short Stories brand Shelf Bra Tank Top is actually classified as sleepwear/intimates.
It was sold at Bras 'n Things (im not sure if they still have this brand).

Small point but wouldn't that be the pants were 4 sizes larger than the top? Most sizing still goes up by 2s.

I really think that if there was anything in this pants being too big theory that the prosecution would have raised it as further evidence she wasn't out walking.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members