The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s

Judge is discussing the evidence of the diatom expert. Diatoms are organisms usually found if someone drowns. None found. #badenclay

Judge is discussing forensic expert Amanda Reeves. Reeves found indication of second DNA profile under nails. Not enough to test. #badenclay

But I would have thought that things the deceased put down in writing would be more reliable.

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 23m

Justice Byrne is now cautioning the jury about things said by Allison #badenclay when they're relayed through a witness.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 29s

Judge is discussing the evidence of a toxicologist who discussed Zoloft levels. #badenclay

Judge says expert said Zoloft was not particularly toxic. Couldn't find a single case of Zoloft causing death by itself. #badenclay

Judge says toxicologist found there was no ingestion of a large number of tablets in the hours before her death. #badenclay

Judge says toxicologist said seratonin syndrome should not be expected in someone taking a normal dose of sertraline. #badenclay

Judge says defence toxicologist accepted there had not been a recent ingestion of a large amount of sertraline. #badenclay

Judge says toxicologist gave opinion that sertraline did not contribute to Allison's death. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 33s
Toxicologist said having using Zoloft since 2003 she would have a tolerance - Justice Byrne

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 19s

Judge is now discussing evidence of Dr Gordon Guymer, botanist. #badenclay

Judge says Dr Guymer identified six species of plant entwined in Allison's hair and on body. #badenclay

Judge says Dr Guymer found one Cat's Claw Creeper leaf was pulled from the plant after being caught on something. #badenclay

Judge says Dr Guymer found most were fallen leaves. #badenclay

Judge says Dr Guymer found only two species at the creek, but all six at the house. #badenclay

When being on a jury, we asked to re-listen to audio recordings as there were conflicting thoughts on tone of voice and where accents were used in sentences. Everybody including the judge left the courtroom, allowing us, the jury, to take over the court equipment so we could playback at will.
Was quite a moment, with half the jurors lounging around the bar - (nobody went up and sat on the judges chair to listen, but I was tempted!)
I think it was at least 30 minutes before we let anyone back in there.

Thanks for that insight! Are you SURE you didn't sit on his chair??

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 42s
Byrne turns to evidence of botanist Dr Gordon Guymer.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s
Dr Gordon Guymer, a botanist since 1980 - Justice Byrne

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 51s
He identified four species entwined in her hair, two caught on her body - Justice Byrne

In my opinion the Judge is doing a great job discounting the suicide theory without actually saying so...

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m

Justice Byrne is now recapping evidence from botanist Dr Gordon Guymer. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 40s
Byrne says Dr Guymer found all six species in vicinity of the Brookfield home.

Getting a bit anxious now.. wondering how long the jury will take to come to their conclusion.

:applause:Three cheers(well, actually he, deserves more than that) for Prosecutor T Fuller.:applause: Brilliant work. I was impressed. :heartbeat:

Now to wait....:praying:

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 49s
Justice Byrne moves onto next topic of evidence "affair." He is going through Toni McHugh's evidence.

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 46s

Justice Byrne moves onto next topic of evidence "affair." He is going through Toni McHugh's evidence. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 36s

Judge says Toni McHugh gave evidence that she began an affair with Gerard in August 2008. #badenclay

Judge says Toni said the affair was up and down all the time. #badenclay

Judge says Toni spoke of Gerard breaking things off after Allison found out. #badenclay

Judge says the affair was not over. He says Toni spoke of being contacted again by Gerard, things resumed. #badenclay

Judge says emails between Gerard and Toni were shown to the jury. #badenclay

Judge says the two were in regular contact in April, 2012. #badenclay

Judge says on April 19 they spoke on the phone. Gerard told Toni she and Allison would both be at real estate conference next day.#badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 50s
Previous assurances had come to nothing. For the first time in an email he put a date on separation, July 1 - Justice Byrne

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 35s
Byrne now relates McHugh's conversation with #badenclay on afternoon of 19th April 2012.

Thanks for that insight! Are you SURE you didn't sit on his chair??

:floorlaugh:

I swear!
I was one of the uncomfortable ones that felt uneasy when the rest decided to take random seats - I took my usual seat - how boring!

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 47s
The next day, from the conference, Toni called him. Allison was missing

Judge says Toni said she "lost it". Gerard needed to tell Allison, it wasn't fair on either of them. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Judge says Toni said she asked Gerard what he was going to do. Gerard spoke about selling the business. #badenclay

Judge says Toni called Gerard from the conference the next day to ask where Allison was. #badenclay

Judge says Toni was at police station next day. Gerard called, said "just answer yes or no, have you told them we are back together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC