The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay - Trial Day 1 - 10th June, 2014-Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best defence against a circumstantial case is a plausible alternative theory. There is none in this instance. That said, there is little difference between this case and the case of Lloyd Rayney in my state (WA) ... no physical evidence, everything circumstantial, no plausible alternative theory. Create enough doubt, blur the lines ... GBC may just get off.

Reading up on the case and the Judge's summary, so very similar it's scary.

Rayney's dinner place card was found at the gravesite? Rayney lied that he drove his wife's car to explain why the card might have been found there!!! Judge thinks there could be an innocent explanation but doesn't provide one. :facepalm: Wha??!!

This trial has a jury, I'm worried now. :scared: :nerves:

Agree. (Scoutmaster) GBC would have known that to park on the side of the bridge, even for the shortest amount of time, would have attracted local interest at any time of the day or night. I feel he has made the effort that night, a panicked and desperate effort, to park to the side of the road and drag ABC's body through the scrub, down the embankment and under the pylon. You can't fall from a bridge and end up under a pylon. There is no other explanation for her being there than that she climbed under there voluntarily (and certainly this is a not uncommon suicide theme) - and the defence will attempt to allude to that. But it doesn't add up.

Defence team can allude to that all they like however they're never going to get past the fact Allison had her hair done that night & ended up with an array of leaf litter in it.

I don't think there's any lawyer on earth who'd be able to get past or around that.

“As the trial is imminent, we understand public interest in the case will again escalate and we recognise the media has a role in responding to this.

“However, out of respect for our daughter, her children and the legal process we will not be doing any interviews in the lead up to or during the trial. We ask that you respect our privacy and our decision not to grant interviews and refrain from photographing or filming the children.

“We hope you can imagine the ongoing impact of these events on our granddaughters — it has been devastating and will be long lasting.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226948779375

This is really heartbreaking. At the end of it all these little innocents have lost both parents in the worst possible way. It really brings it home how utterly tragic this case is. :(

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers · 3m
Gerard Baden-Clay is staring straight ahead in dock as jury is selected. Wearing wedding ring. @7NewsBrisbane

'Keeping up appearances' :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reading up on the case and the Judge's summary, so very similar it's scary.

Rayney's dinner place card was found at the gravesite? Rayney lied that he drove his wife's car to explain why the card might have been found there!!! Judge thinks there could be an innocent explanation but doesn't provide one. :facepalm: Wha??!!

This trial has a jury, I'm worried now. :scared: :nerves:

If I don't prepare myself for the worst, I know I will be absolutely devastated because TMCH will get her way and they'll both walk off with the children and Allison's insurance.
A witness Josh Rathmell saw Lisa Harnum get thrown off the balcony and that was a judge only trial.
Gimme a witness & I'll sleep better.

:eek:fftobed: this time :)

:bedtime:

Agree. (Scoutmaster) GBC would have known that to park on the side of the bridge, even for the shortest amount of time, would have attracted local interest at any time of the day or night. I feel he has made the effort that night, a panicked and desperate effort, to park to the side of the road and drag ABC's body through the scrub, down the embankment and under the pylon. You can't fall from a bridge and end up under a pylon. There is no other explanation for her being there than that she climbed under there voluntarily (and certainly this is a not uncommon suicide theme) - and the defence will attempt to allude to that. But it doesn't add up.

First post - thank you for the updates. I have been following for a long time, lived in the area and have friends who are friends with either side... all of this actually pulled me strongly from the first days of Allison having been reported missing, and I have not been able to ever forget. My thoughts now are for her children and parents.

GBC and his father were scouts - scout masters - is that right? And as far as I've read, the Kholo creek bridge was in a scouting area. It is possible that both know the area very well indeed, and could be aware of alternative pathways to under the bridge. GBC may not even have needed to park on the bridge had he approached from another vantage point.

I can easily imagine the girls being there in their rooms when whatever happened that night happened. I grew up in a violent home - and seeing the marks on GBC's face chilled my blood - I have made marks very much like that myself, in the past, in defence. If this was a domestic violence situation it's possible the children were only too used to hearing fights - and that they simply did what kids do in those situations a lot of the time - lie low, quietly, and hope it's over soon. Coaching happens a lot in abusive families, especially if there is fear they may be taken from the only parents they know.

I just want to know about the bus stop!!!! :tantrum:

And the roundabout.. what was all that about? and the police timing cars going around it and back up the road..

ha, ha..I'm abit slow, seems that was already mentioned a page or so back. Finally caught up- now need sleep.

Hi all,
Just want to say a quick hello while it's quiet, I've followed all threads on this case from the start, but have never posted until now. I really appreciate all the posts and updates, thank you!

As I've read those emails between the two of them, it's chilling to see how extremely calculating, pushy & determined she was!

My heart goes out to Allison's children and family robbed of a gentle, beautiful loving mother, daughter / sister.
For dear Allison and her loved ones ~ May Justice prevail

Thanks again

And what was all that nonsense about from Sgt Murray Watson? The one who regarded GBC as a nice guy? All that stuff about some auction and how he had to cordon the area off in case the tenants were going to disrupt the auction... Are the defence going to suggest that one of those tenants may have had something to do with Allison's death? Was that all from cross-examination by the defence? What was his purpose in appearing for the prosecution? Ali? Any thoughts?

It's interesting to note that GBC phoned Sgt. Murray Watson at 6:53am on 20 April 2012. This, according to GBC's phone records. Apparently Sgt. Watson, as well as being a member of the QPS was also involved in Neighbourbood Watch.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Maybe very outlandish, but: had a canoe/boat been available, is there space for 2-3 persons (one dead), driving possible by night???

However this scenario doesn't fit with cars and voices on the bridge.

This is heartbreaking, why couldn't the marriage been left alone for the children's sake!

In one email to the Bruce Overland account in February, two months before Allison disappeared, Ms McHugh asked why she should believe anything had changed now their affair had resumed.

"Im sick of hiding … Im sick of being second best and having to take the back seat … all so she doesn't find out," the email read.

"She gave you an ultimatum and you honoured it??? If I were to do the same tomorrow … I doubt you'd be able to pay me the same respect.

"Why should I accept anything less than she would?"

Less than a month before Allison died, Ms McHugh sent an email about finding a place for Mr Baden-Clay to live when he left his wife.

"It would me so much easier if you did just move in with me," the email read.

"She can get her own place and the week you have the children you move back to the house.

"She doesn't need to know where you're staying!

"Sorry it's up to you to work out and I shouldn't interfere. I'm sorry."

On April 3, 2012, an email from the Bruce Overland account sent a reply.

"I have given you a commitment and I intend to stick to it - I will be separated by 1 July," it read.

Then on April 11, 2012: "This is agony for me too. I love you."

"I'm sorry you hung up on me. It sounded like you were getting very angry," the email continued.

"I love you GG. Leave things to me now. I love you. GM."

The court heard GG stood for gorgeous girl and GM for gorgeous man.

Mr Fuller said Mr Baden-Clay spoke to Ms McHugh the night he is accused of murdering his wife.

He said Ms McHugh told him in no uncertain terms he must tell his wife they would both be at a real estate conference the next day.

Mr Fuller said Mr Baden-Clay had the opportunity to murder his wife on the evening of April 19, 2012.

http://m.qt.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clay-pleads-not-guilty-murder/2284633/

bbm
GBC had the opportunity, but also the urgent necessity to murder, that is the whole drama. IMO

Looking forward to OW taking the stand.
As we know OW was with GBC at the cross country. I am assuming it was her that said she witnessed the bite marks on GBC's neck.
She was the last to speak to Allison before GBC arrived home with the children.
She is the last outgoing call from Allison's phone.
She was very promptly out there driving searching for Allison.
She told Const Ash that the girls had been told by there father about 6am their mother had probably fallen down a hole.

All this recorded in statements or interviews.

A lot has come to light since those inital stages.

And we have seen or heard little of OW since her interview outside the court.

The jury MAY hear recorded interviews with the children.
I am thinking we will hear from OW first, so as all these things can be explored more fully.

The truth will come out.

Did GBC get married in jail? If he didn't, he's a widow and that ring means NOTHING in his situation.

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC.

Looking forward to OW taking the stand.
As we know OW was with GBC at the cross country. I am assuming it was her that said she witnessed the bite marks on GBC's neck.
She was the last to speak to Allison before GBC arrived home with the children.
She is the last outgoing call from Allison's phone.
She was very promptly out there driving searching for Allison.
She told Const Ash that the girls had been told by there father about 6am their mother had probably fallen down a hole.

All this recorded in statements or interviews.

A lot has come to light since those inital stages.

And we have seen or heard little of OW since her interview outside the court.

The jury MAY hear recorded interviews with the children.
I am thinking we will hear from OW first, so as all these things can be explored more fully.

The truth will come out.

Agreed Sosocurious. The truth will come out and I reckon OW will crack under even just the smallest amount of pressure. Be very interesting to see what NBC has to say as well.

Did GBC get married in jail? If he didn't, he's a widow and that ring means NOTHING in his situation.

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC.

It meant nothing to him anyway and that he is wearing it is disgraceful. The man has no morals and not one ounce of decency. IMO

Agreed Sosocurious. The truth will come out and I reckon OW will crack under even just the smallest amount of pressure. Be very interesting to see what NBC has to say as well.

Oh yes NBC will be interesting but he has said nothing at all, of which we are aware.

Anything OW has said in statements or interviews is out there now.

Oh gosh. Still catching up and reading about rumours. Does my post above count as rumours? Sorry. I don't know, we discussed all here so should be ok, right?

And the roundabout.. what was all that about? and the police timing cars going around it and back up the road..

ha, ha..I'm abit slow, seems that was already mentioned a page or so back. Finally caught up- now need sleep.

:seeya: Unfolding Truth. I took one look at your avatar and remembered....won't someone think of the kopper logs :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adharkness68