The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay - Trial Day 1 - 10th June, 2014-Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. (Scoutmaster) GBC would have known that to park on the side of the bridge, even for the shortest amount of time, would have attracted local interest at any time of the day or night. I feel he has made the effort that night, a panicked and desperate effort, to park to the side of the road and drag ABC's body through the scrub, down the embankment and under the pylon. You can't fall from a bridge and end up under a pylon. There is no other explanation for her being there than that she climbed under there voluntarily (and certainly this is a not uncommon suicide theme) - and the defence will attempt to allude to that. But it doesn't add up.

I do agree with this logic Radster, but weren't the cars tested and no evidence found on wheels of dirt, foliage etc? There was no bitumen in the side parking area at that time. A good morning wash job I guess?

My earliest recollection was when I saw the mannequin. I'd never seen LE do something like that before.

My first post but have read every word from the start of this case. I grew up in the western suburbs and have driven over the Kholo bridge a countless number of times and have some thoughts on how Allison came to be where she was found. From the photo's that area under the bridge would generally be dry ground as the river sits fairly low under there unless there has been big rainfall which was the case prior to the discovery from canoeist. Remembering that the Geo cache (think that is the correct terminology) was located under the bridge and people had documented that they had accessed the area on foot to get to it suggests that perhaps the rain had hindered the police efforts to get under the bridge but that may not have been the case when Allison was murdered. The Kholo bridge is not somewhere you would want to park your car regardless of the time of night/early morning. Once a shift worker I have passed over that bridge at all hours and while it is a low traffic area at those night/early morning times it is by no means a deserted road. Prior to the tragic death of Allison the speed limit on that section of road was 80km/hr and you certainly wouldn't want your car parked on the bridge in minimal light with the possibility of oncoming traffic doing that speed. It is a narrow two lane bridge and would be a risk to either park on it or stand on it to dispose of a body. It's my opinion that her body would have been dragged/lifted to the final resting spot under dryer condition than those under which it was found and the car parked off to the side of the road with the protection of thicker folage than what is currently there. I guess it's just a matter of waiting to hear more evidence there is a long road ahead but finally the process has started!!

Or

He was fortunate enough to have a driver, who dropped him and Allison's body at the bridge, whilst the driver drove a few km's along the road and returned to collect him.

Or - and this was discussed at great length WAY back in one of the earlier threads - he simply stopped the car on the bridge with the road all clear, got out, went around the back, opened the tailgate, slid Allison out, (by dragging her, perhaps causing her jumper to ride up over her head), then just rolling her under the bridge railings. There's plenty of room under the bottom railing to roll a body.

Then slam the tailgate shut, get back in the car and shut the door (possibly the "couple of thuds" heard by locals) and drive off, doing a U-turn further up the road. That whole thing could have been done in 30 seconds or so, and any approaching vehicles would be seen and heard in plenty of time at night.

The body drops into the mud at about the high tide level, maybe bounces slightly with one end of it coming to rest under the bridge, and the rest poking out from under (which is where she was found).

And while the middle of the bridge may be about 14m high, I think where Allison was found would be less - may 8-10m. And if the tide was high, that mud would have been soft.

The subsequent heavy rain coincided with a LOW tide, and the hydrologist's report mentions that the highest level of the surge due to the rain didn't reach the level of the body - but the NORMAL high tide level DID. That's why the decomposition by water was so pronounced.

We have yet to hear about the tip of the rubber glove finger that fell out of the jumper sleeve - and whether or not this was from one of the Scene Of Crime people.

In fact, there is a LOT we have yet to hear. This was only day 1 - in a 4-week trial. We'll see just how close - or way off - our theories have been.

Or - and this was discussed at great length WAY back in one of the earlier threads - he simply stopped the car on the bridge with the road all clear, got out, went around the back, opened the tailgate, slid Allison out, (by dragging her, perhaps causing her jumper to ride up over her head), then just rolling her under the bridge railings. There's plenty of room under the bottom railing to roll a body.

Then slam the tailgate shut, get back in the car and shut the door (possibly the "couple of thuds" heard by locals) and drive off, doing a U-turn further up the road. That whole thing could have been done in 30 seconds or so, and any approaching vehicles would be seen and heard in plenty of time at night.

The body drops into the mud at about the high tide level, maybe bounces slightly with one end of it coming to rest under the bridge, and the rest poking out from under (which is where she was found).

And while the middle of the bridge may be about 14m high, I think where Allison was found would be less - may 8-10m. And if the tide was high, that mud would have been soft.

The subsequent heavy rain coincided with a LOW tide, and the hydrologist's report mentions that the highest level of the surge due to the rain didn't reach the level of the body - but the NORMAL high tide level DID. That's why the decomposition by water was so pronounced.

We have yet to hear about the tip of the rubber glove finger that fell out of the jumper sleeve - and whether or not this was from one of the Scene Of Crime people.

In fact, there is a LOT we have yet to hear. This was only day 1 - in a 4-week trial. We'll see just how close - or way off - our theories have been.

Hi everyone!
Totally agree Dr! This is the most likely scenario IMO. Thanks all for the posts everyone! Justice is coming!

My earliest recollection was when I saw the mannequin. I'd never seen LE do something like that before.

Kimster perhaps it's an Australian thing to have a mannequin. It's done quite often ( especially for major crimes ) and is used to help prod peoples minds incase they saw something but didn't realise.

Gerard's father Nigel had dropped around that morning of April 19 to collect signs for open homes and auctions that weekend.
He could not even remember if he saw his daughter-in-law that morning.

She had a 4pm hairdresser appointment and was trying to organise to catch-up with a friend after a real estate conference in Brisbane the next day.
When the latter fell through, she was in contact with another friend to return a dress she had borrowed.

Nigel collected the kids from school and took them to Kenmore for a swim.

The eldest got up about 10 minutes later to get a drink and saw her mother watching television.
She said her dad was wearing his daggy shorts and clothes for bed.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clays-wife-lover-apart/2285637/

Gerard's father Nigel had dropped around that morning of April 19 to collect signs for open homes and auctions that weekend.
He could not even remember if he saw his daughter-in-law that morning.

She had a 4pm hairdresser appointment and was trying to organise to catch-up with a friend after a real estate conference in Brisbane the next day.
When the latter fell through, she was in contact with another friend to return a dress she had borrowed.

Nigel collected the kids from school and took them to Kenmore for a swim.

The eldest got up about 10 minutes later to get a drink and saw her mother watching television.
She said her dad was wearing his daggy shorts and clothes for bed.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clays-wife-lover-apart/2285637/
Ah Ha! I did wonder who reported that the child "saw her mother watching television"
Thanks, just got the answer.
Plus the next bit of backup.....The hint that dad had all the appearances of "normal" that night.
The more backup the better .....

One thing puzzling me a bit yesterday, I am expecting to hear more on this.

Mr Fuller said there was plankton diatoms in Ms Baden-Clay’s lungs, which are found in water.

Did she drown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member