Not open for further replies.
LOL

casestitch-animate.gif
Love the trailer

Can't wait to see the whole movie.

Love the trailer

Can't wait to see the whole movie.

you know it's only a matter of time...

I just hope the A family doesn't profit one bit from the movie - is that too much to hope?

Wonder who would play KC? Maybe Satan?

you know it's only a matter of time...

I just hope the A family doesn't profit one bit from the movie - is that too much to hope?

Wonder who would play KC? Maybe Satan?
Already picked Merill Streep for Cindy. I love the way she parodies accents!

Bit out of touch with the young actor crop. But seems to be plenty of disasters.

Satan will direct, using his Jack Nicolson persona?

Couldn't we have a precedent world wide class action suit for wrongfull death. With all the A's coconspirators. Worked for the Goldmans?

Thanks, FNB. That was me looking for the core to see if there were any more identifiers like a product code so I could reference some additional information to determine how much of this was produced. It looks like there isn't any additional info in the core. But, thanks for getting the picture and sorry it was so difficult.

I have some investigating to do on Monday and will post back.

I am done debating whether Henkel makes or only converts and packages the product as it is not germane to this discussion. The true manufacturer of the product would be the one who would provide additional details on the adhesive composition and if relevant, that should come out at trial.

Be back on Monday.

I'm counting on you gorba, to clear me. I am in possession of the only other roll of Henkel logo duct tape in central Florida. I don't claim to have any sleuthing skills. Can you use your obvious investigative skills to find out if indeed there were only TWO rolls of Henkel logo duct tape sold in this area in that last few years? Egads...I'm really getting worried. That and the huge box of black trash bags with the yellow ties sitting in my pantry. I'm a goner.

And you're welcome for the pic of the center core of the infamous roll of death tape...I took some heat for that...someone claimed no one was interested in my pic of the inside of the logo tape. I thought it was very relevant, considering the "inside" logo printed on the core said both Duck AND Henkel.
See you Monday...hope you'll have good news for me. Either I belong to a whole pool of suspects who are in possession of the death tape, or I am a prime suspect who owns one of the only two rolls sold here in central Florida.

I'm counting on you gorba, to clear me. I am in possession of the only other roll of Henkel logo duct tape in central Florida. I don't claim to have any sleuthing skills. Can you use your obvious investigative skills to find out if indeed there were only TWO rolls of Henkel logo duct tape sold in this area in that last few years? Egads...I'm really getting worried. That and the huge box of black trash bags with the yellow ties sitting in my pantry. I'm a goner.

And you're welcome for the pic of the center core of the infamous roll of death tape...I took some heat for that...someone claimed no one was interested in my pic of the inside of the logo tape. I thought it was very relevant, considering the "inside" logo printed on the core said both Duck AND Henkel.
See you Monday...hope you'll have good news for me. Either I belong to a whole pool of suspects who are in possession of the death tape, or I am a prime suspect who owns one of the only two rolls sold here in central Florida.
To help ease the worry. You are not the prime suspect

But if KC gets off, you're next.

It was me who questioned the relevance of your shot of centre label. I was a bit rude and hasty. It could be part of wider look at identifying tape. It is just that in the context of the pieces of evidence found in this case, what I was hoping for was pic of the tape itself. I realise now you have posted that. And very brave of you it was to, what with murder charges pending.

On a more serious note. This does illustrate the statistical factors here. I don't doubt there are more than two rolls with a logo on tape, but if they are in a small minority we can at least put GA(&KC) in a small group and so narrow the potential pool of suspects.

To help ease the worry. You are not the prime suspect

But if KC gets off, you're next.

It was me who questioned the relevance of your shot of centre label. I was a bit rude and hasty. It could be part of wider look at identifying tape. It is just that in the context of the pieces of evidence found in this case, what I was hoping for was pic of the tape itself. I realise now you have posted that. And very brave of you it was to, what with murder charges pending.

On a more serious note. This does illustrate the statistical factors here. I don't doubt there are more than two rolls with a logo on tape, but if they are in a small minority we can at least put GA(&KC) in a small group and so narrow the potential pool of suspects.

ROTFL...you have given me some good chuckles. Yes, of course I knew it was you...and I knew you would figure out that I had already posted the pics of my logo tape. Yes...you were a bit rude. I resisted, as best I could, a rude and hasty come back.

Statistically, I'm very uncomfortable being in that small group of potential suspects who own the logo tape and hope that we'll find out that the pool is quite large. Certainly not for KC's sake, but for my own, LOL JM is probably following those sirens to my door right now...

ROTFL...you have given me some good chuckles. Yes, of course I knew it was you...and I knew you would figure out that I had already posted the pics of my logo tape. Yes...you were a bit rude. I resisted, as best I could, a rude and hasty come back.

Statistically, I'm very uncomfortable being in that small group of potential suspects who own the logo tape and hope that we'll find out that the pool is quite large. Certainly not for KC's sake, but for my own, LOL JM is probably following those sirens to my door right now...
Don't get too worried by a mere statistical grouping.

A statisical link in the absense of other data says nothing of any relationship.

For instance.
99% of people who die at home have a half empty bottle of milk in the fridge.
That does not prove that milk is toxic?

If you want an agent I reckon there could be an ebay bonanza for genuine HENKEL logo tape.

Pray that no more is found, and guard it jealously.
(I'll be round for my 10% later)

So, it would seem after many pages of reading, that my initial reaction of disbelif to this "news" that Henkel brand Duct Tape was THE most poular in NA was maybe a "rush to judgement"? Seems I am not alone? Hundreds of us here on WS and only 1 poster found LABLED Henkel DT? In central Florida no less...
PS.-HP-really enjoyed your "milk" analogy!

So, it would seem after many pages of reading, that my initial reaction of disbelif to this "news" that Henkel brand Duct Tape was THE most poular in NA was maybe a "rush to judgement"? Seems I am not alone? Hundreds of us here on WS and only 1 poster found LABLED Henkel DT? In central Florida no less...
PS.-HP-really enjoyed your "milk" analogy!
Your initial post of disbelief was an important piece in the puzzle.

Needed to collect all such comments to see how many reported no logo or how many reported a logo.

Just one report of a logo so far, but we are still open for more reports.

The milk thing is an old example. Used as counter to some shonky science about cancer etc.

Your initial post of disbelief was an important piece in the puzzle.

Needed to collect all such comments to see how many reported no logo or how many reported a logo.

Just one report of a logo so far, but we are still open for more reports.

The milk thing is an old example. Used as counter to some shonky science about cancer etc.

Maybe you should start a new thread with a poll?
Henkel logo (or any logo) ever visible on your brand of purchased Duct Tape?

Maybe you should start a new thread with a poll?
Henkel logo (or any logo) ever visible on your brand of purchased Duct Tape?
Might be highly entertaining but polls measure peoples opinions and "feelings" about a subject rather than facts. (I refer you to my signature).

It would be all right if we could call it say a "tally" rather than a poll.

henkel_duct_tape1.jpg
henkel_duct_tape2.jpg

I can post pics now! Not sure I did this right, but as I said in another post...if WE have Henkel duct tape, it must be VERY common LOL We live 30 minutes from the Anthony's...who knows...we may even shop at the same Home Depot. IMO, There is no way anyone is tearing this tape with their bare hands or teeth. Need scissors or a knife...it's really tough.

Someone said earlier that they thought a 200 degree temperature means that the tape is a high-end product, so I wrote to the technical people at Henkel Manco in Avon & got this response:

"We appreciate your interest in our products.

Our duct tapes have a service temperature of 50F to 200F no matter what grade.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to call us at (800) 321-0253, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time; or visit us on the Web at www.henkelca.com.

Thank you for your inquiry. I hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Consumer Information Representative
Henkel Corporation"

Someone said earlier that they thought a 200 degree temperature means that the tape is a high-end product, so I wrote to the technical people at Henkel Manco in Avon & got this response:

"We appreciate your interest in our products.

Our duct tapes have a service temperature of 50F to 200F no matter what grade.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to call us at (800) 321-0253, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time; or visit us on the Web at www.henkelca.com.

Thank you for your inquiry. I hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Consumer Information Representative
Henkel Corporation"
It was the labeled tapes (those with printing on the tape itself) that were suggested to be the higher end products, not necessarily the 200 degree tapes.

It was the labeled tapes (those with printing on the tape itself) that were suggested to be the higher end products, not necessarily the 200 degree tapes.

I was responding to the several comments that addressed temperature alone, such as the one below. Hopefully the temperature range provided by the company will help clear up confusion with regard to this issue:

> http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3383811#post3383811
> Posted by: FX Wiz
> On: 02-27-2009 09:13 PM
>
> ...I am aware the FBI report was inconclusive. If they can match the gauze up that would be great. If they can't, well at least they should be able to show that it's "special" tape. 200 degree tape.
> ************
>

Based on posts here duct tape with "Henkel" logo on the tape is NOT sold in every store. In fact only one roll has been sited and "FX Wiz" who I believe reports it was not available in ANY of the stores sampled.
That makes it a very uncommon variation and adds weight (not total proof) to the importance of that rare tape being on the remains and at the Ant house.
I live in Orlando. My son is making a tuxedo from duct tape so we have been buying quite a few rolls of it recently from Ace Hardware and Home Depot. Never have we seen any duct tape with printing on it.

No fingerprints found on the duct tape. That's the bottom line.

I didn't read that. What I read was that there were no fingerprints of Lee, Cindy, or George found on the duct tape. I often look at what they don't say, as much as what they do say. If they were going to exclude Casey, this would have been a prime time to do it.

I live in Orlando. My son is making a tuxedo from duct tape so we have been buying quite a few rolls of it recently from Ace Hardware and Home Depot. Never have we seen any duct tape with printing on it.
Thank you.

More evidence to confirm that "Henkel" logo ON TAPE is uncommon.

I didn't read that. What I read was that there were no fingerprints of Lee, Cindy, or George found on the duct tape. I often look at what they don't say, as much as what they do say. If they were going to exclude Casey, this would have been a prime time to do it.

They said no latent fingerprints at all--at least on the piece(s) they checked. Has anyone gone back to see if all the pieces were accounted for in the fingerprint report? It's possible that other pieces were checked for prints but are also going through other forensic examination so no reports have been released on those pieces yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop