The Duct Tape Match

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the Henkel website and it is available at just about every major store (Home Depot, Target, Lowes, K-Mart, Staples, Safeway, and many more) but that doesn't mean every store listed sells the tape Casey used. I wonder how many of the stores sell them in the Orlando area.

http://duckproducts.com/where.asp

I live in South Florida and have been checking many stores. To date I have checked:
Home Depot (Marathon)
Ace
Publix, Winn Dixie
K-Mart
B J's
True Value
Wal Mart
I have not found any logo on the Henkel tape yet. Still searching.......

God, I don't know the why of the duct tape, it's almost too horrific to contemplate. Personally, there are only two scenarios that make sense of KC's use of that duct tape:

1) Enraged payback from KC against Caylee for "tattling" on her to Cindy. I think its possibile that on June 15th, during their nice long drive back and forth to Mt. Dora, Caylee unknowingly told Cindy something about KC that absolutely infuriated Cindy.

Maybe KC said something like, "Mommy makes me sleep in the trunk," or "Mommy makes me take medicine to sleep," or "We don't have no Nanny--Mommy is Nanny," or "Mommy sleeps in Tony's bed," or Mommy doesn't go to work, we come home and play here." Who knows--it could be anything, but whatever it was, it made Cindy go off on Casey that night when they got home.

I think this is EXACTLY on target. I believe Caylee's developing verbal skills escalated her demise, her heinous fate at the hands of her own "mother."

Casey of course denied it and convinced Cindy that Caylee was wrong, then KC and Caylee went to bed. Maybe Cindy did tuck them in. But that night, Casey stayed awake seething because Caylee had ratted her out and Cindy had gotten in her face because of it. Not only that, but it was also now apparent to furious KC that Caylee's ability to talk was bringing an immediate end to what little freedom KC had.

The next day, around 1 PM, Casey and Caylee said goodbye to George (Casey was dressed for "work."), then--as was KC's habit, she and Caylee returned to the house after George left and before Cindy came home. While they were home, KC did something Caylee didn't like, Caylee had a tantrum and threatened to "tell Gramma." Or maybe Caylee had a tantrum when it was time to leave and said she wanted to stay home with Gramma and go swimming. With Caylee kicking and screaming or dragging her feet, an infuriated Casey hauled Caylee out of the house-- through the inner garage door--(toward her car in the driveway.) AND THERE WAS THE DUCT TAPE.

Very good theory here.

I think Casey grabbed it, taped it around Caylee's face to shut her up, (and perhaps put tape around her legs, too,), and said, "So, you want to go swimming?" Then she hauled Caylee back into the house, out the porch door, and threw her into the swimming pool. After awhile, she fished a dead Caylee out of the pool, shoved her into two plastic garbage bags, then she jammed those into the white laundry bag. All a neighbor would have seen, had a neighbor been looking, was Casey benignly putting her laundry into the trunk.

Bolded part ITA with. Still not sure about drowning. I think COD more likely asphysiation/medication overdose.

2) The same scenario above except that Casey didn't use the duct tape before she threw Caylee into the pool, she used it after she fished Caylee out of the pool and laid her on the ground. At that point, she put tape over Caylee's face so she didn't have to look at it, pressed a heart-shaped sticker over her mouth "to make it all better," then she folded Caylee "in half," trussed her up with more duct tape to keep her that way, and shoved her into the bags as above.

Maybe instead of putting Caylee's body in her trunk that day, she hid her in the playhouse or elsewhere and went back for her a couple days later.

Bonechilling but could very likely be at least similar to what happened.

Either way, I think she realized she lost something in the pool the day Caylee drowned (maybe the missing "Tiffany ring?") or her own shoe or something she was afraid Cindy would see in there. She went back for it a couple days later, dragged the ladder over to the pool, and tried to fish it out with the shovel. This time, she just left the ladder there. If she'd left Caylee's body there before, she took it with her now.

IDK, still not convinced about drowning.

God that was horrible to type.

I completely understand.

That's my private hellish idea of what might have happened to "our" baby girl. Purely my imagaination, of course.

Every time I see that picture of Caylee as an infant, sleeping peacefully on Jesse's big chest, I think to myself, "That's the safest she was ever going to be."

God with God, sweet Caylee.

I live in South Florida and have been checking many stores. To date I have checked:
Home Depot (Marathon)
Ace
Publix, Winn Dixie
K-Mart
B J's
True Value
Wal Mart
Thanks.

Keep up the good work!

I called the 800 number and one of the supervisors will be calling me back. The person I spoke with said they do not put the logo on the tape, only the core, I told her that I have seen the logo on silver tape and she put me over to the supervisor to get the information. Any questions you want me to ask; please post, I will ask which type of tape carries the logo, there are about 4 types they carry and one is easy tear by hand. Also where and who carries that type of tape.

Home Depot (Marathon)
Ace
Publix, Winn Dixie
K-Mart
B J's
True Value
Wal Mart

I do not think the logo would be on the outside. I think it would be on the inside of the tape, the sticky side.. Kinda like a watermark??

In one of the crime scene photos, they show the gas can with the tape, I am sure I saw the logo on it. It was oval and had Henkel printed in the oval. Anyone else see this??? I could be mistaken but that is what I remember.

I called the 800 number and one of the supervisors will be calling me back. The person I spoke with said they do not put the logo on the tape, only the core, I told her that I have seen the logo on silver tape and she put me over to the supervisor to get the information. Any questions you want me to ask; please post, I will ask which type of tape carries the logo, there are about 4 types they carry and one is easy tear by hand. Also where and who carries that type of tape.

bumping

Thanks.

There is definately tape with the "Henkel" logo printed on the silver surface.

A WSer has a roll like that and posted a pic.

In regards to Orlando particularly:
I would like to know how common this is.
Was it a specific batch.
Is it a special quality type of tape.
What shops ever had it to sell

Question, would it be possible for Casey to to hide her fingerprints by shaving some skin off her fingertips? I saw that in a movie once (can't remember which one) but I wonder if that is done would she still leave prints? And since the police didn't see her for 31 days the skin would have grown back by then. Also, shaving off the skin on her fingertips would not have been easily noticed by others. Just wondering.

I do not think the logo would be on the outside. I think it would be on the inside of the tape, the sticky side.. Kinda like a watermark??

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I couldn't even find Henkel brand, just 3M and others.

Question, would it be possible for Casey to to hide her fingerprints by shaving some skin off her fingertips? I saw that in a movie once (can't remember which one) but I wonder if that is done would she still leave prints? And since the police didn't see her for 31 days the skin would have grown back by then. Also, shaving off the skin on her fingertips would not have been easily noticed by others. Just wondering.
You are the one who saw the film.
You tell us.
Do you have any reason to suspect all that?

I toyed with that idea for a while, but that is certainly not the case with at least one sample photographed with logo on silver surface. Photo posted previously. Also evidence descriptions are of logo visible.

Thanks.

There is definately tape with the "Henkel" logo printed on the silver surface.

A WSer has a roll like that and posted a pic.

In regards to Orlando particularly:
I would like to know how common this is.
Was it a specific batch.
Is it a special quality type of tape.
What shops ever had it to sell

I just talked to another person at Henkel in OH, and they are telling me that they don't make a duct tape with the logo on the tape, only the core. She had all the samples in front of her and she said they don't print the logo on the tape. So she is going to find out for me and call me back. She has heard of this case and says this is strange. So I am still not getting an answer, just the clear tape, you can see the core and the logo through the roll. Do you have the link of the pic of this tape, maybe I can fax it or email it to them.

Reposting picture of only example of "Logo" tape reported so far, other than evidence samples:

henkel_duct_tape1.jpg
henkel_duct_tape2.jpg

I can post pics now! Not sure I did this right, but as I said in another post...if WE have Henkel duct tape, it must be VERY common LOL We live 30 minutes from the Anthony's...who knows...we may even shop at the same Home Depot. IMO, There is no way anyone is tearing this tape with their bare hands or teeth. Need scissors or a knife...it's really tough.

You are the one who saw the film.
You tell us.
Do you have any reason to suspect all that?

In the film doing this (shaving off the skin on the fingertips) left no fingerprints. But we all know movies aren't always a reflection of reality that's why I asked.

thank you HP,

you posted as I was requesting LOL. This looks like a tape used for repairing the ducts in air and heat ducts in a house. I wonder how wide this strip is? I am trying to redial but all lines are busy, must be us WSers. I will keep trying.

I will try again tomorrow hours are 9 to 4 pm EST. It is 4:46 here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en