The Duct Tape Match

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they found items with the duct tape other than the gas cans, would it be in the doc dump or any photos of the item with the tape on it? I do remember they took or cut out a bit of the dry wall in the garage, also they cut out part of the mattress; I believe in KC room. Not that that has anything to do with the tape, but it was mentioned. Also a sprinkler head of some kind from the pool area was mentioned.
To quote Roger Waters: "Careful with that axe, Eugene"

The "Dry wall" seems to be just rumour. I put some effort into corroborating that, and nothing came to light. It was supposedly from garage, but search pics from all directions show nothing and no mention in documents.
I can see no mention of part of mattress. I can not find a sprinkler head. Do you have a reference or document page number?

To quote Roger Waters: "Careful with that axe, Eugene"

The "Dry wall" seems to be just rumour. I put some effort into corroborating that, and nothing came to light. It was supposedly from garage, but search pics from all directions show nothing and no mention in documents.
I can see no mention of part of mattress. I can not find a sprinkler head. Do you have a reference or document page number?

Sorry HP it was an news reporter I think that interviewed CA after the Dec searches. I just remember CA saying they even cut into the mattress.... Why would they do that? I think it was a short clip on TV, maybe KB??? It was in regards to how they left the house IIRC on of course your favorite show NG, and KB I think had a clip and interview. Long time for my memory to be spot on, sorry.

Sorry HP it was an news reporter I think that interviewed CA after the Dec searches. I just remember CA saying they even cut into the mattress.... Why would they do that? I think it was a short clip on TV, maybe KB??? It was in regards to how they left the house IIRC on of course your favorite show NG, and KB I think had a clip and interview. Long time for my memory to be spot on, sorry.
I have checked documents and no mention of drywall, mattress bits (other than the inflatable bed) or sprinkler head. Not a problem just another few items to add to the NG hysteria list. A list of all evidence items is being worked on. I think we need a separate list for NG items.

I have checked documents and no mention of drywall, mattress bits (other than the inflatable bed) or sprinkler head. Not a problem just another few items to add to the NG hysteria list. A list of all evidence items is being worked on. I think we need a separate list for NG items.
We could even give it a special name.

I suggest "The Circular File".

We could even give it a special name.

I suggest "The Circular File".
I take your point. "Trash can" is an obvious place to file NG reports.

But, to be fair, NGisms provide much amusement. I would hate to see them gone for ever in the trash! They are to be taken out and reviewed from time to time, they can be even funnier on subsequent airings.

Also, being a bit serious, they do provoke debate during the course of which reality does sometimes peep through.

I take your point. "Trash can" is an obvious place to file NG reports.

But, to be fair, NGisms provide much amusement. I would hate to see them gone for ever in the trash! They are to be taken out and reviewed from time to time, they can be even funnier on subsequent airings.

Also, being a bit serious, they do provoke debate during the course of which reality does sometimes peep through.
(bold above by me)

I think the analogy is very apropos.

This would make NG the 'cloud'?

(bold above by me)

I think the analogy is very apropos.

This would make NG the 'cloud'?
That's a thought.

If weather analogy is to be used though, I see her as a pocket tornado. Round and round, all over the place. Touching down here and there.

That's a thought.

If weather analogy is to be used though, I see her as a pocket tornado. Round and round, all over the place. Touching down here and there.
She certainly leaves a mess wherever she goes.

...And produces about the same amount of beneficial results.

When I think of the duct tape. I think of KC wanting to go out with TL that night to blockbuster, but having the fight with her mother and then calling her entire family to take care of Caylee, getting no answer from anyone, getting really angry that she didn't have a sitter and then I can totally see her giving Caylee something to make her fall asleep then taping her mouth and putting her in the trunk so that she could go out with Tony.

I don't want to think of what happend whena nd if Caylee ever woke up in that trunk.

I watch the video of Blockbuster night and my stomach aches.
I missed this in all of the discovery, but do we know which car Casey and Tony took when they went to Blockbuster on June 16th ?

Is there an interview of Tony's where he talks about this ? I have read through most of the documents, but seem to have missed this part.

Yes there is, I believe it is with his interview with LE..I'll try to find it.

I've been searching and searching! But I clearly remember it was the interview where Tony was asked to circle himself (in the blockbuster video store) and then circle casey.

Perhaps it was an audio file with his interview. I can't find the transcripts !!! ~argh~

Yes there is, I believe it is with his interview with LE..I'll try to find it.

I've been searching and searching! But I clearly remember it was the interview where Tony was asked to circle himself (in the blockbuster video store) and then circle casey.

Perhaps it was an audio file with his interview. I can't find the transcripts !!! ~argh~
Thank you so much for trying, I will look back through the documents too. It must be in there somewhere ! :)

I am wondering if they, LE, has the ability to look at the duct tape, found at the crime scene, and determine if the tape was cut off with an instrument such as a knife or torn off...maybe by looking at the edge of the tape...?

I am wondering if they, LE, has the ability to look at the duct tape, found at the crime scene, and determine if the tape was cut off with an instrument such as a knife or torn off...maybe by looking at the edge of the tape...?

I would think yes; however the type of tape that it is, I don't think you could tear it. I also think that the fibers on the duct tape may indicate she was smothered rather than drugged as COD. IIRC they took pillowcases from the A's home.

Page 5586: "Textile fibers of various types and colors were recovered from Q60, Q62 through Q64, and Q66. These fibers have been preserved on glass microscope slides for future comparison purposes."

Hooray! The FBI found fibers on the duct tape! Just what I was hoping for. The adhesive on duct tape sort of oozess past it's edges, so the SIDES of the roll are sticky and pick up particles & hairs from from whichever surface that roll was sitting on. When you peel back the tape and tear off a piece (yes, duct tape is easy to tear), and hold it up to a light you might see lint and specks along the edges, or in other words, evidence of where that roll was sitting prior to being used in the crime, such as the real killer's car trunk or bedroom carpet.

Just a SWAG :crazy: here, but torn duct tape should show signs of stretching near the end. A cut end shouldn't look distorted from stretching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papaya-salad