The Duct Tape Match

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Forty-Two,....Again I stand corrected....it was gaffer tape! Sorry, I was going from memory....not a good idea anymore...lol

Investigators did not find fingerprints belonging to George Anthony, Cindy Anthony or Lee Anthony on the duct tape found on Caylee Marie's skull, the FBI forensic reports show.

I want to know about CASEY'S prints...

Hello Websleuth-ers,

I’m internet savy. But this IS my 1st post on Websleuths so be patient with me while I get settled in……….

Elphaba – This wording in document was intriguing to me. I think you and I both saw something there.

There are 3 types of fingerprints:
Visible – Can been seem with the naked eye. (ex. Prints in blood)
Latent – left by oils in the skin. Can Not be seen without processing
Pressure - left by ridge imprints into a soft surface. (ex. Adhesive on duct tape)

I have read probably EVERY discovery document in this case. Some more than once. If my memory serves me correctly (and MAYBE I am wrong. Someone please correct me if so) BUT I think there is one document that states:

1. Investigators did not find fingerprints belonging to George Anthony, Cindy Anthony or Lee Anthony on the duct tape found on Caylee Marie's skull (They make no mention of Casey in this statement)

And Then there is another document that states:

2. “There were no LATENT prints found on the duct tape” (But what about PRESSURE or VISIBLE prints??)

So does this = No fingerprints of any kind of CA, GA, or LA & No LATENT fingerprints of ANYONE, but maybe a visible or pressure print ??????

I’m just sayin’ it’s a thought

Hello Websleuth-ers,

I’m internet savy. But this IS my 1st post on Websleuths so be patient with me while I get settled in……….

Elphaba – This wording in document was intriguing to me. I think you and I both saw something there.

There are 3 types of fingerprints:
Visible – Can been seem with the naked eye. (ex. Prints in blood)
Latent – left by oils in the skin. Can Not be seen without processing
Pressure - left by ridge imprints into a soft surface. (ex. Adhesive on duct tape)

I have read probably EVERY discovery document in this case. Some more than once. If my memory serves me correctly (and MAYBE I am wrong. Someone please correct me if so) BUT I think there is one document that states:

1. Investigators did not find fingerprints belonging to George Anthony, Cindy Anthony or Lee Anthony on the duct tape found on Caylee Marie's skull (They make no mention of Casey in this statement)

And Then there is another document that states:

2. “There were no LATENT prints found on the duct tape” (But what about PRESSURE or VISIBLE prints??)

So does this = No fingerprints of any kind of CA, GA, or LA & No LATENT fingerprints of ANYONE, but maybe a visible or pressure print ??????

I’m just sayin’ it’s a thought

VERRRRRY interesting thought and great observation. I am intrigued. (please let KC's prints be there, please let KC's prints be there...)

Oh, but pressure prints are visible to the naked eye in most cases from what I just read. :(

Impressed prints are also called plastic prints and are indentations left in soft pliable surfaces, such as clay, wax, paint or another surface that will take the impression. They are visible and can be viewed or photographed without development.

MAYBE, just MAYBE, there are sticky substance prints that remained, or dirt mark prints? I hope this turns out to be something, I really do.

VERRRRRY interesting thought and great observation. I am intrigued. (please let KC's prints be there, please let KC's prints be there...)

It has been reported on another site that their source in the 9th Circuit offices, says there are prints that are a Match on the duct tape, as those of Casey A, & prints were found Partial, in more than one place.

I hope & pray this is true!

I'm with you on six of the pieces of duct tape, but I'm not sure about one. The H-60493 ,item 16 tape, and the blanket seem to have been collected at close to the same time and in close proximity to each other. You must have picked up a detail I've overlooked to be able to say that.

For some reason that one piece of tape keeps nagging at me.

ETA: I'm not disagreeing. I just don't have a clear picture in my mind yet.

p3402
D1=Henkel H-604093, Item 16 collected 1003, Dec. 12
D2= 2 pieces of duct tape, J-600013, Item 5
D3=Long piece of duct tape, J-600013, Item 4

Per the diagrams on pgs. 3460 and 3461
D1 found in Area A, Lane 5 (very near the remains)
D2 and D3 - Found in area D, Lanes 7 and 8 (40 to 50 feet to the SW of the skull, bag area)
These are the only pieces of duct tape on the diagrams in the docs.

p3423-3424
Miscellaneous blanket- Item 32 , H-60493, collected 1148, Dec.12

Tagged the same as D1 Henkel duct tape and found near the remains.

p3421
"A pink blanket was observed in the woods directly east of the main scene area from which the skull had been collected, west of the baseline in the area of 18-21 feet south along the baseline."

Seems they were very close. The duct tape was directly west of the skull location and the blanket was directly east of the skull location. The entire search area isn't as big as it appears.

Does anyone think LE purposely released the duct tape findings in this obscure manner? Meaning that they led everyone (including the defense) to believe that there were no prints found without actually coming out and claiming that Absolutely no prints were found?

Sorry to disappoint all of you -- the tape is just the same type & is the most common in North America sold in just about every store. Anyone who buys duct tape would likely have it. Fibers were found on the three pieces of tape, and fibers were found on the tape on the gas can (not necessarily the same type), so all they have to do is compare the fibers on one to the other to see if they are are similar or different to really determine if they're from the same roll & have been in the same place, but they chose not to do this. Why? Because they won't match & they know it.

Does anyone think LE purposely released the duct tape findings in this obscure manner? Meaning that they led everyone (including the defense) to believe that there were no prints found without actually coming out and claiming that Absolutely no prints were found?

That is what I was thinking... YES....

Sorry to disappoint all of you -- the tape is just the same type & is the most common in North America sold in just about every store. Anyone who buys duct tape would likely have it. Fibers were found on the three pieces of tape, and fibers were found on the tape on the gas can (not necessarily the same type), so all they have to do is compare the fibers on one to the other to see if they are are similar or different to really determine if they're from the same roll & have been in the same place, but they chose not to do this. Why? Because they won't match & they know it.
(bold above by me)

We don't know that they chose not to do this. We only know that we haven't seen any results yet.

We do know that the FBI kept the tape for further study specifically concerning fibers, etc.

They didn't send it back to OCSO like they did most everything else.

Why would that be?

I'm not disappointed. :dance:

p3794
"Tape specimens Q64 and Q66 remain under active examination in the Trace Evidence Unit to determine if any differences exist between the fabric reinforcement component of these tapes."

p3801
"Textile fibers of various types and colors were recovered from specimens Q60, Q62, through Q64, and Q66. These fibers have been preserved on glass microscope slides for future comparison purposes."

"Additional trace evidence examinations are continuing and will be the subject of a separate report."

(bold above by me)

We don't know that they chose not to do this. We only know that we haven't seen any results yet.

We do know that the FBI kept the tape for further study specifically concerning fibers, etc.

Why would that be?

Maybe because once they send the report back then it must be turned over to the defense? If the FBI still has it and JB asks for it in court, the SA can say "we can't hand over something that we don't have yet", and "we have no authority over another agency"?

(bold above by me)

Why would that be?

Because they have something with this - they are making SURE they have everything perfect for this bombshell. NO appeals on this, no questions to ask or answer with this one.

I don't think this is a smoking gun. I think this is a gun that is shooting the defense as we type and they don't even know it yet.

Isn't there supposed to be another huge dump of docs this week? Who knows what will be in that group. Could be FBI results of all testing. That could be interesting.

Isn't there supposed to be another huge dump of docs this week? Who knows what will be in that group. Could be FBI results of all testing. That could be interesting.
Have you read ALL of the last lot?

Ya can't have yer pudding if ya don't eat your meat!

When is the soonest we'll know when the docdump is going to be this week? Does anyonw know?

I really like hearing all the theories concerning the duct tape.

I don't think the duct tape was placed there to throw off investigators. Casey's an "in the moment" person. She doesn't think ahead. imo

And if the tape was placed there to keep her quiet and her hands were bound, where was she? Not in the car so where would she put a drugged child? Casey grew up in Fl. She knows 10 minutes in a car in July would kill a small child. Caylee HAD to be in the plastic bags while she was in the trunk otherwise there would have been more DNA. imo

And I don't think the tape was placed there after Caylee was dead.

My thoughts: She put a drugged, curled up, wrapped in Winnie-the-Pooh blanket, mouth-taped Caylee into the plastic bag. Tied it tightly and placed her into another bag. Placed her into the back seat/trunk and drove around waiting for her to suffocate. The tape was so she couldn't hear any noise, imo

I'm curious to know if there are fibers from the blanket on the duct tape.

I absolutely agree with this-100%. I also wonder about the fibers on the tape from the blanket.

How do you know that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member