The DWT - The Truck(s?) and the Surveillance Images

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, but this whole situation has reminded me how dangerous and violent the world can be...especially for women and children, and although i want to believe that this will change for the better within my lifetime, i honestly don't have much faith that it will happen...and i find that terribly disheartening...prayers for all here who care enough to try to make a difference.

You are right Simon and it's a scary thought. I am not too terribly old and I know that when I was a kid I rode my bike all over town and walked through the woods alone to a lake, wondered around the store while my mother shopped, all kinds of things. Now I have a neice that is 7 and she can't even be out in the yard alone for fear that she will be snatched off of the street.

I am small and blonde and I don't know if that is it or not (I don't think it matters) but as a teenager I had two stranger men chase me while exposing themselves and as an adult I have had a stanger follow me home off of the highway and then stalk me until he was arrested and then two other stranger men (together) that followed me out of a bar and tried to force me into a car. These were very scary men that would have probably killed me if it weren't for a savvy bartender that came out right behind them.

Needless to say I have become very observant and I think that is important in protecting yourself and your loved ones. Always know what is going on around you.

I don't think I would want to have small children in the world we live in today. I cannot imagine what it will be like as they grow up and have kids of their own.

When I questioned my son about it he said it looked like a mechanics mat as in something you would lay over an area as not to scratch the vehicle while working on it and now knowing BSL is a mechanic I tend to believe that it what it is. Sorry can't remember the exact name for it maybe mechanics paint mat?

That is what I thought it looked like too and I remember seeing the pictures of the matts.

Love the Ipad- so I "pulled" on the ipad, screen shot, imported into Adobe Photoshop Touch (Ipad version of Photoshop) "pulled" again just a tad.. and I can see your letters in pinkish lavendar. :))

I have Adobe Touch but am not that talented with it!! Took me forever to figure out how to draw that red circle!

Before I attempt to get some sleep before 4am for once :) I am going to throw one more thing out there for observation and feedback.

Does anyone see what appears to be a person bent over under the drivers side door? I swear I can see what looks like someone on their knees with the feet projected outward toward the camera and a full rear view of their behind as they look under the truck?

I am not saying it is related to Mickey. It could be that someone ran over some debri and stopped to look.

I think what you're seeing is his front tire on the passenger side and shadows. I don't know anyone that would stop in the middle of the road and look under their truck in the middle of the night and at least not leave their door open for a quick exit if needed.

Also their are people walking around at Circle K then. I would notice a stopped truck in the middle road and at least think WTF are they doing.

I love that feature of my Ipad and has definitely been awesome to see details without distortion. In fact, that gives me an idea. Tomorrow, I am going to connect my Ipad to my Tv with my Av adapter and pinch and pull to see what I can see on the big screen.

I need an adapter!! Let us know what you find!!!

I have read that forensic video experts take the same small image and rather than enlarge the resolution which messes with the pixels, they make a very large image of the picture to see detail. Not sure I said that in a way that makes sense!

I think what you're seeing is his front tire on the passenger side and shadows. I don't know anyone that would stop in the middle of the road and look under their truck in the middle of the night and at least not leave their door open for a quick exit if needed.

Also their are people walking around at Circle K then. I would notice a stopped truck in the middle road and at least think WTF are they doing.

I thought it could be a shadow as you are saying but a shadow would not have two protruding shadows that appear to be legs with a space in between where you can see the ground. And the shadow wouldn't come up that high to cover a small portion of the lower drivers side door.

If they just ran something over and it wedged in the tire or something else, they may not have had a choice where to stop. This is the picture where some of us thought the man walking is looking in that direction but who is to know for sure.

I drive a Jeep and it has a problem we jeepers refer to as the death wobble and I have to stop all the time to get it back on track. I have stopped in all sorts of places because you just have to. Surprisingly, no one has ever paid too much attention to me.

For all we know, someone could have come forward after the surveillance was released. There is no way to know.

I am not dead set on this being a person bent over but I saw it immediately when I looked at this photo and it made sense if this is Brandon's truck and he just ran over a bike.

Love the Ipad- so I "pulled" on the ipad, screen shot, imported into Adobe Photoshop Touch (Ipad version of Photoshop) "pulled" again just a tad.. and I can see your letters in pinkish lavendar. :))

I see what you are thinking may be pinkish lavender letters... But, I also see them repeated throughout the entire photo... I think this pattern is probably attributed to the poor quality of the photo...
All jmo.

Regarding mahouston69's density examination:

I do not claim to be a Photoshop expert, and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. But I have worked with Photoshop extensively for 13 years.

The problem I see with trying to match density numbers, using the color picker, etc., is this:

The truck headlight is "blown out." The density of the white color has reached one side of the spectrum and cannot go any higher. This is evidenced by the fact that the truck headlight looks much larger than its actual size. The light is so intense that it has overwhelmed the camera sensors to the extent that pure white pixels have been created that are not actually there. The same thing happened to the speed-limit sign in the Versailles Mickey pic. The white light from under the Cathedral-Carmel bus canopy overblew the sensor to the point where it wrapped around the sign and created false pixels.

This effect can be liked to a thermometer left in the sunlight reading at the very top of the scale, even though the air temperature may be 85 degrees, or that of an 85-mph speedometer on a car that is doing 110, pegged against the top stop at 85.

The intense white color of the truck light created an oversized, maxed out, splotch on the camera sensor that bled over to other pixels.

It is possible that the density of the reflection that I describe above, of the truck headlight reflecting off the camera lens, then bouncing off the inside of the plexiglas dome (the reflection that some see as Mickey's headlight), may also possibly be attributed to this maxing-out effect, as well as the density of the known picture of her headlight.

We don't know the percentage by which the incoming bike headlight overblew the camera sensor. It is possible that enough light from the truck headlight reflected off of the lens that its reflection on the inside of the dome (the alleged "bike-under-truck headlight") still had an intense-enough white light to max out the white color and make it appear to be the same density as that of the known photo of Mickey's headlight.

Simply put, an 85-mph speedometer on a car reads the same whether the car is doing 90 or 110.

This effect cannot be definitively detected using Photoshop alone, IMO, without taking into account the technical details of the camera, which we don't have.

To restate, if the light on Mickey's bike, seen in the pic of her in front of Circle K, is at one end of the density spectrum - which it could be, as it is brighter than its surroundings (and we have no way of knowing this without a very technical analysis of the camera specs), how do we know that the reflection of an "overblown" truck headlight, bouncing off the camera lens, wouldn't still be blown out enough to appear to be the same density?

Again, if our speedometer goes to 85 - and the truck headlight is definitely "blown out," as evidenced by its obvious oversized appearance, how do we know that both the actual picture of Mickey's light, and what I deem a reflection (which others see as "Mickey's light under the truck"), are not both figuratively traveling faster than 85 mph - and yet figuratively reading 85 on the nose, in Photoshop, and so falsely appearing the same?

Had the color been somewhere in the middle of the density spectrum, it would be different. But IMO it is not possible to use a blown-out light source, maxed against one end of the scale and thereby creating pure white pixels, to definitively conclude that the light source in the known picture of Mickey's headlight, and the light under the truck, are one and the same.

Just going to add, I haven't posted in awhile and tried to refrain from any DWT postings. Having said that I've been trained to use photoshop and have used it on a nearly daily basis for a good 20 years. No, I have not opened the image in photoshop and tried to analyze anything with the program. These are merely observations solely based on viewing that image through my iPad... Ok if you look at that image compared to the one with Mickey, there are many different areas the truck pic contains light that the bike pic doesn't. ( ie. behind the gas station it looks like there is a car out of view with light, albeit muted light in the image). Also, I cannot based on my own knowledge knowingly look at an image from a camera along the street and make reliable deductions, not knowing the original resolution of said image, if it was adjusted when published, if the image itself was altered when published for public consumption. Moo.

I have Adobe Touch but am not that talented with it!! Took me forever to figure out how to draw that red circle!

You'll get it :) If you have mastered the tools and ins and outs of photoshop, the lighter tablet version is a dream. One thing you can try and is great fun is open a photo of the truck or any shadowed image in Touch, make a camera fill layer, shut off all your lights and use a small flashlight..shine it towards the camera on your tablet...walaa.. you now have custom light fill and take a look at some of those shadows you can't lighten up without distorting. so fun!

The adapter runs about 40.00 and nice also. I am plugging it in now to take a look!

I need an adapter!! Let us know what you find!!!

I have read that forensic video experts take the same small image and rather than enlarge the resolution which messes with the pixels, they make a very large image of the picture to see detail. Not sure I said that in a way that makes sense!

It makes perfect sense. You can use Photoshop or similiar programs to interpolate an image but you really disentegrate the image further in my opinion by adding similar pixels that aren't true data. So, the less of the two evils and to see the image clearer is to make a couple of new generation images with true data and "magnify" between them. Pictures of magnified pictures. Ok, not sure if that explanation made any more sense.. but I think we agree. lol

You'll get it :) If you have mastered the tools and ins and outs of photoshop, the lighter tablet version is a dream. One thing you can try and is great fun is open a photo of the truck or any shadowed image in Touch, make a camera fill layer, shut off all your lights and use a small flashlight..shine it towards the camera on your tablet...walaa.. you now have custom light fill and take a look at some of those shadows you can't lighten up without distorting. so fun!

The adapter runs about 40.00 and nice also. I am plugging it in now to take a look!

I tried but it didn't do anything. I will keep playing wth it!

A wonderful WS poster did post a photo of the DWT with the driver clearly shown. Now, I recognize that driver as BSL.

I don't know if you're talking about me or someone else but I did post a photo enhancement-just enlargement and focus, no funny business. It showed a man looking a bit to his right and he had what I would call 5 o'clock shadow. At the time, I said he looked like Popeye's enemy, Brutus, who also either had a beard or the shadow. After being ridiculed to death, I got rid of the picture in my photo bucket. This was before the arrest. When BSL's picture was published, I was shocked at how he resembled the man I saw in the truck.

I don't know if you're talking about me or someone else but I did post a photo enhancement-just enlargement and focus, no funny business. It showed a man looking a bit to his right and he had what I would call 5 o'clock shadow. At the time, I said he looked like Popeye's enemy, Brutus, who also either had a beard or the shadow. After being ridiculed to death, I got rid of the picture in my photo bucket. This was before the arrest. When BSL's picture was published, I was shocked at how he resembled the man I saw in the truck.

You were right! I remember that photo enhancement. When I enlarged the original on a large screen I saw the same thing. You could clearly make out some features of the driver.

Alright, I've been avoiding this thread for a while.

I said 2009 -2011 Chevrolet Silverado.

This was a 2011, according to dates/facts. He wasn't in possession of the 2009 (according to the vehicle list) until 6/13/12...He, allegedly, brought the 2011 to Texas and burned it and filed an insurance claim on May 31st...exactly two weeks before he registered the 2009.

So what did the 2011 look like? I'm pretty sure it looked like this.

Attachments

• 3GCPKSE36BG116552-6_640w480h.jpg
    3GCPKSE36BG116552-6_640w480h.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 3GCPKSE36BG116552-2_640w480h.jpg
    3GCPKSE36BG116552-2_640w480h.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 13
Just going to add, I haven't posted in awhile and tried to refrain from any DWT postings. Having said that I've been trained to use photoshop and have used it on a nearly daily basis for a good 20 years. No, I have not opened the image in photoshop and tried to analyze anything with the program. These are merely observations solely based on viewing that image through my iPad... Ok if you look at that image compared to the one with Mickey, there are many different areas the truck pic contains light that the bike pic doesn't. ( ie. behind the gas station it looks like there is a car out of view with light, albeit muted light in the image). Also, I cannot based on my own knowledge knowingly look at an image from a camera along the street and make reliable deductions, not knowing the original resolution of said image, if it was adjusted when published, if the image itself was altered when published for public consumption. Moo.

LE stated that the still photo was enhanced before being released to the public. That is my main concern when the photo is further enhanced. If anyone choses to enhance/alter/whatever action is taken: you aren't starting off with the original, you don't know what was done to enhance, you don't know if the pixels you are enhancing were even a part of the original, unenhanced still.

So if any of the enhancers are wondering why some of us discount the enhancements, that's why. I don't know the base line of the original. And, forgive me please, neither do you!

It's weird, but one thing that I am seeing now, since you re-posted the photos, CajunStrong (and by the way, thanks!), is the appearance of markings or something on the passenger side door of the truck in "the" photo -- right next to the black mark. I remember others talking about these before -- remember a suggestion that it might be a Wood Group logo. I don't think it's that -- it's kind of reminiscent, though. If there is indeed anything there (because I do realize it could be illusory), I'm almost starting to wonder if someone graffiti-ed his truck -- maybe the mark could be from some sort of vandalism, as well. (I know all this is reaching a little -- just posting sort of free-association here.)

It is definitely NOT a Wood Group logo. The Z71 was Brandon's PERSONAL vehicle, and Wood Group doesn't put its logo on personal vehicles.

Hubby worked for Wood Group, so I can "promise" you it isn't that!

No offense against you HouDat but it's exactly those types of statements that infuriate those of us that take these pictures seriously and are actually trying to make some real sense of these pictures.

It is also what leads some members to feel intimidated about posting on this subject.

There is nothing about about those types of statements that lead to any productivity. And I was really hoping we would have a sanctuary of sorts where we could express our thoughts on the white truck without being made fun of.

Now, with that being said, Houdat... I know that you mean no ill will.

It was an attempt at injecting some levity. Some get it, some apparently don't.

Cheers.

LE stated that the still photo was enhanced before being released to the public. That is my main concern when the photo is further enhanced. If anyone choses to enhance/alter/whatever action is taken: you aren't starting off with the original, you don't know what was done to enhance, you don't know if the pixels you are enhancing were even a part of the original, unenhanced still.

So if any of the enhancers are wondering why some of us discount the enhancements, that's why. I don't know the base line of the original. And, forgive me please, neither do you!

Just wanna give a shout out to you kgeaux, and a very big thank you. Forgive me as I have forgotten what LE stated about the original. Agree with you 100%. The main point in all of this is that information shouldn't try and be gathered from an enhanced image because we Do Not Know how it was enhanced.

Only an original unaltered image should be used for those purposes, and that is in LE's hands.
MOO

Could you please post the photo enhancement again?

Thx.

Could you please post the photo enhancement again?

Thx.

I tried to find it for you, Money Girl, but I don't have the time this afternoon to really do a good search.

Hopefully jujube will see your request and post the photo, if not, I'll try to find it tomorrow morning.

jujube's is not the enhancement I was speaking of earlier. Someone else painted in a driver, LOL, THAT is what I was talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne