The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m a bit shocked by how quickly this entire situation totally vanished from the news cycle… although I don’t know why I’m surprised.

I guess that’s just the nature of the news cycle these days (and also assume not many journalists stuck around).

I completely agree that the USA should help this family. If I ran things, I would buy them a house in a safe area and give them $100,000. For each victim we killed.
Minimally. Oh, and I would make sure there were no political b.s. that would stop them from getting all of this immediately. No decades of lawyers and politicians hindering.

Relatives of Afghan family killed by US drone strike want compensation and resettlement in US | Daily Mail Online

Relatives of the Afghan family killed by the US drone strike that took the lives of an innocent aid worker and nine other people, including seven children, say they want compensation, and resettlement in the US or another safe country.

Zemari Ahmadi, 43, died in the blast and was his family's only breadwinner. He worked for the US-based aid group Nutrition and Education International, and U.S. officials acknowledge he did not appear to be connected to ISIS-K terrorists. His fatal mistake, it appeared, was driving a white 1996 Toyota Corolla similar to one intelligence sources claimed was being driven by a known terrorist.

Ahmadi's 24-year-old stepson Samim Ahmadi told The Washington Post that 'the situation in Afghanistan is not good'. He added: 'Whether in America or another country, we want peace and comfort for our remaining years.

'Everyone makes mistakes. The Americans cannot bring back our loved ones, but they can take us out of here.'

These guys are victims too. Did nobody in the USA leadership think our withdrawal through?
Seriously, I've been emergency evacuated for fires 8 times. I know what to do.
Living beings are first.
That includes All living.
ALL.
* Only this evacuation was not due to an imminent threat like a wildfire..
We pay these leaders Big Bucks to do right by us..

Hell, in my opinion your average Mom of two could have done a better job.

Dozens of dogs left behind in Kabul sniff out new jobs at airport.

It's wrong to pretend none of this happened and is still evolving and happening everyday. I know that the USA cannot save the world.
However, we were there for twenty years.
To suddenly abandon these people with no clear warning was wrong. That really is my opinion.

I’m a bit shocked by how quickly this entire situation totally vanished from the news cycle… although I don’t know why I’m surprised.

I guess that’s just the nature of the news cycle these days (and also assume not many journalists stuck around).

Afghanistan withdrawal hearing: Live updates from the Senate

Top military leaders testify on Afghanistan for first time since withdrawal

What we're covering here
Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley are testifying publicly for the first time before Congress since the full US withdrawal from Afghanistan ended America's longest war.......

Keep coming back to find out the number of Americans, in particular, the American children left behind in Afghanistan.

Still waiting...

Do you mean the 30 California children?
Isn't there a local NGO working there, maybe they can provide some updates?
"The California-based nonprofit Nutrition and Education International (NEI) where Zamarai Ahmadi worked has supported the family as best as it can, including helping them to rent another house, according to Zamarai Ahmadi's boss, who asked to only be known by his middle name, Walid, for fears over his security"
Relatives of family killed in Kabul missile strike seek resettlement in America

In the meantime, things seemed to be far from over:
"Fighters, politicians, and generals will try to ape the Taliban’s playbook while the extremists sleepwalk into civil war."

Afghan Resistance Mulls Formation of Government in Exile

Oct 3 2021
Bomb targets mosque in Kabul, ‘a number of civilians’ dead
''KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — A bomb exploded in the entrance of a mosque in the Afghan capital on Sunday leaving a “number of civilians dead,” a Taliban spokesman said.

The bomb targeted the sprawling Eidgah Mosque in Kabul, where a memorial service was being held for the mother of Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid, who later tweeted the attack had claimed civilian lives.

Taliban fighters were not been harmed in the attack, Taliban spokesman Bilal Karimi told the Associated Press. Those killed in the attack were civilians outside the mosque gate. He did not provide a figure for the number killed and said an investigation was ongoing.''

Last edited:
ISIS-K suicide bomber who carried out deadly Kabul airport attack had been released from prison days earlier - CNNPolitics
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/politics/kabul-airport-attacker-prison/index.html
The ISIS-K suicide bomber who carried out a terrorist attack at Kabul international airport in late August, killing 13 US service members and dozens of Afghans, had been released from a prison near Kabul just days earlier when the Taliban took control of the area, according to three US officials.

Oct 8 2021
Taliban official: At least 100 dead, wounded in Afghan mosque bombing - CityNews Toronto
''A blast went off Friday at a mosque packed with Shiite Muslim worshippers in northern Afghanistan, killing or wounding at least 100 people, a Taliban police official said.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast, which took place in Kunduz, the capital of Kunduz province, but militants from the Islamic State group have a long history of attacking Afghanistan’s Shiite minority.

Dost Mohammad Obaida, the deputy police chief for Kunduz province, said that the “majority of them have been killed,” in reference to the victims. He said the attack may have been carried out by a suicide bomber who had mingled among the worshipers inside the mosque.

“I assure our Shiite brothers that the Taliban are prepared to ensure their safety,” Obaida said, adding that an investigation was underway.''

The Vietnam War took ten years and did nothing but kill and maim thousands of Americans and who knows how many Vietnamese. The press at least finally tried to expose this insanity, the whole Pentagon Papers.

The Afghan War took twenty years and did nothing but kills and maim thousands of Americans and who knows how many Afghans. And the press did nothing but cheer on the war profiteers and attack the leakers. There was no "Pentagon Papers."

The depth of elite corruption is so profound, it's unforgiveable.

Taliban say they won't work with US to contain Islamic State - CityNews Toronto
Oct 9 2021
''The Taliban on Saturday ruled out cooperation with the United States to contain extremist groups in Afghanistan, staking out an uncompromising position on a key issue ahead of the first direct talks between the former foes since America withdrew from the country in August.

Senior Taliban officials and U.S. representatives are to meet Saturday and Sunday in Doha, the capital of Qatar. Officials from both sides have said issues include reining in extremist groups and the evacuation of foreign citizens and Afghans from the country. The Taliban have signaled flexibility on evacuations.

However, Taliban political spokesman Suhail Shaheen told The Associated Press there would be no cooperation with Washington on containing the increasingly active Islamic State group in Afghanistan. IS has taken responsibility for a number of recent attacks, including a suicide bombing Friday that killed 46 minority Shiite Muslims and wounded dozens as they prayed in a mosque in the northern city of Kunduz.

“We are able to tackle Daesh independently,” Shaheen said, when asked whether the Taliban would work with the U.S. to contain the Islamic State affiliate. He used an Arabic acronym for IS.''

Vivian Salama
WSJ
@vmsalama
An interagency U.S.delegation traveled to Doha, Qatar to meet with senior Taliban representatives.”The discussions were candid and professional.” Striking to still see language like this when the Taliban has already begun to enforce regulations that don’t adhere to their promises

Vivian Salama
WSJ
@vmsalama
An interagency U.S.delegation traveled to Doha, Qatar to meet with senior Taliban representatives.”The discussions were candid and professional.” Striking to still see language like this when the Taliban has already begun to enforce regulations that don’t adhere to their promises

Replying to myself, as the edit option was not letting me play:

But....Of note in the release above from government, the US is now agreeing to pay the Taliban, as stated above.." the United States provision of robust humanitarian assistance"......

Afghan families are selling their children so they can eat as the economy crumbles - CNN
Imo, disgusting and heartbreaking,what is going on, after the withdrawal..

The humanity, where is it? imo.
From heartbreaking CNN link..

''The Taliban has also appealed for aid. "The Taliban is asking aid agencies to come back to Afghanistan and help these people," said one Taliban director of an internal displacement camp in Ghor province. "I'm requesting the international community and aid agencies, before the winter comes, to please come and help."

"I will have to sell another daughter if my financial situation doesn't improve -- probably the 2-year-old"Abdul MalikParwana's father

Back in the Afghan displacement camp in Badghis province, Malik is under no illusions about what the sale means for his daughter -- or what the grim situation means for his family's future.
Qorban said he will use his daughter as a worker not a bride, but Malik knows he has no control over what happens to her now.
"The old man told me, 'I'm paying for the girl. It's none of your business what I'm doing with her ... that's my business,'" Malik told CNN.
The ominous warning weighs heavily on him as he considers the bleak days ahead. The cold is creeping in, and snow has already begun coating parts of the country. When the money from Parwana's sale runs out, he will be back at square one -- with three daughters and a son still at home to support.
"As I can see, we don't have a future -- our future is destroyed," he said. "I will have to sell another daughter if my financial situation doesn't improve -- probably the 2-year-old."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datalord
Back