The FBI showed up at my friends house today thinking her baby was Lisa Irwin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for posting this, there have been so many comments on this board that the LE is only looking at the parents and are dismissing any tip that leads to someone other than the parents. This is reassuring that they are indeed following up on all tips and are really trying to find this baby.

So does this mean they think she's still alive and the cadaver dog hit and other evidence proved inconclusive? Just wondering.

I'm trying to get her to come on here and tell us what happened. But apparently someone saw her daughter's picture on Facebook and called it in as Lisa Irwin.

She does look like Lisa Irwin but she's only four months old and all the rest of her pix are on facebook from birth till now. She's a twin.

I'm pretty shocked that they took it so far as to show up at the house and she had to prove the baby was her daughter.

Really strange. She lives in upstate NY.

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I think your friend should be careful about who she's sharing her baby's pictures with and perhaps tell her to use private settings on facebook. Just a suggestion.

I think your friend should be careful about who she's sharing her baby's pictures with and perhaps tell her to use private settings on facebook. Just a suggestion.

I agree. New parents are so excited to share their baby piccies that they don't think twice. A friend of mine shared a picture of her babe swimming in the buff, and I said "oh, no - take that down"! Parents that don't follow missing children cases wouldn't give it a second thought.

Hugs!

Mel

I'm trying to get her to come on here and tell us what happened. But apparently someone saw her daughter's picture on Facebook and called it in as Lisa Irwin.

She does look like Lisa Irwin but she's only four months old and all the rest of her pix are on facebook from birth till now. She's a twin.

I'm pretty shocked that they took it so far as to show up at the house and she had to prove the baby was her daughter.

Really strange. She lives in upstate NY.

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Yet another good reason to keep your FB to friends only and to NEVER make your photos public. At least then you only have your friends to yell at if your piccie is shared.

ALSO, please disable the "TAG" feature in your FB. Once you tag your photo with a friend/relative, you have no contol as to where it's going.

If your friend copy/pastes it, and then sends it to someone without your permission...well, they're not much of a friend IMHO.

Just food for thought.

MOO

Mel

i think it proves they are following up on ALL leads, as they are obligated to, until there is a definitive end to this case. MOO
Great job, LE!

So does this mean they think she's still alive and the cadaver dog hit and other evidence proved inconclusive? Just wondering.

Interesting..:rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

About 1-2 weeks after Lisa was reported missing, I was having lunch at a Panda Express and saw a baby who looked very much like Lisa. I stopped and stared, looking both the baby and her mother over carefully. I eventually realized that baby looked just like mom and this was obviously a happy, un-traumatized child and went about my business. So I think it isn't unusual to 'see' Lisa in the faces of other babies around the country.

What I find very hopeful is that the FBI actually showed up to check it out. That says to me that that branch of LE, at least, isn't fully convinced that Lisa is dead and is still actively pursuing leads--despite the fact that it was their cadaver dog that 'hit' in the Irwin home!! And that makes me feel so happy, that there is a chance that Lisa is still alive out there somewhere.

Yes it's a great thing. Proves mom didn't kill her.

Well, it doesn't prove that (much as I wish it did), but it shows LE is willing to consider and follow tips and leads to verify/rule them out. Unless and until a live Lisa or her remains are found, LE would be remiss not to do so. If and when this case ever goes to trial, no matter who the defendant(s) may be, it is to the state's advantage to be able to show they followed up on sightings and tips.

It seems this tip is one that could've easily been cleared without the home visit, so it leads me to think they're being extremely thorough and are possibly thinking ahead in making sure the defense team of anyone eventually charged can't claim tunnel vision by LE.

I'm sooo glad the FBI is following up on all tips now.

I thought she'd come to post but she is a busy momma with 6 month old twins so I'll just put up what she said.

we had the FBI show up at our house today so that we could provide a ton of proof that our one twin *advertiser censored* is actually our child! They got an anonymous tip that someone on Facebook saw pictures of her and said they thought she was the missing baby from the Midwest!!!!

they took a copy of her bc, needed to see pics from birth, names and numbers of friends and family that saw me throughout my pregnancy and had to see *advertiser censored* and had to check her thighs for birth marks!

Even though *advertiser censored* has no teeth, can't walk yet, is 4 months younger and is much smaller. Also, my daughter has a big birthmark on the palm of her hand, stomach and back of the neck. Truly, bizarre morning. The FBI even went to my girlfriend work in Phily last thurs to interview her cause we just visited her last month.

It was someone looking at pictures of them on my friends Facebook page that called in an anonymous tip to the FBI.

There has to be more to this story, right? Some busybody was looking through Facebooks from New York about a missing baby in Missouri?

*confused now*

I mean ~ there must be millions of babies in the U.S. with the same type of features as Baby Lisa (including my own daughter when she was small).

Did the person who reported this have any other reason to report this to the FBI? Was there some connection between your friend and Kansas City - a recent trip or something that looked familiar in the photos?

I don't really blame your friend for not wanting to talk about this. I would be putting shutters over my windows, frankly, and locking my Facebook. :twocents:

There has to be more to this story, right? Some busybody was looking through Facebooks from New York about a missing baby in Missouri?

*confused now*

I mean ~ there must be millions of babies in the U.S. with the same type of features as Baby Lisa (including my own daughter when she was small).

Did the person who reported this have any other reason to report this to the FBI? Was there some connection between your friend and Kansas City - a recent trip or something that looked familiar in the photos?

I don't really blame your friend for not wanting to talk about this. I would be putting shutters over my windows, frankly, and locking my Facebook. :twocents:
Agreed! I think it's horrible that innocent people whose babies resemble Lisa have to be subjected to this, much like all the Caylee Anthony lookalikes!

I asked permission to start this thread btw just so everyone knows. Yeah I'm wondering because Facebook is public but there are some "beautiful baby" contests that I've seen online, I know she asked us to vote for her daughter at one time. Maybe it was that.

Just found this bit, posted it above as well.

It was someone looking at pictures of them on my friends Facebook page that called in an anonymous tip to the FBI.

LE has to do this....otherwise, the JT's of the world will throw hissy fits in court because LE has tunnel vision, only looked at my angelic client, etc., etc.

Well, it doesn't prove that (much as I wish it did), but it shows LE is willing to consider and follow tips and leads to verify/rule them out. Unless and until a live Lisa or her remains are found, LE would be remiss not to do so. If and when this case ever goes to trial, no matter who the defendant(s) may be, it is to the state's advantage to be able to show they followed up on sightings and tips.

It seems this tip is one that could've easily been cleared without the home visit, so it leads me to think they're being extremely thorough and are possibly thinking ahead in making sure the defense team of anyone eventually charged can't claim tunnel vision by LE.

bolded respectfully by me

I agree and that was the first thought that came to my mind as well. JMHO

I guess LE is believing that Lisa is alive. That's a great thing.

I think the only thing it means if somebody calls in "baby Lisa" they have to check it out.

I can see the logic in LE wanting to sew up all loopholes, but can they really afford to go full bore like this on every supposed Lisa sighting that comes in? They said a few weeks ago that there had been over 900, so how many have there been since then?? I am just really puzzled as to why this tip, why this baby. If they aren't unleashing this type of effort on every reported sighting, then it seems that the selectivity would raise the specter of reasonable doubt. I'm not saying this isn't what LE is doing, but as with so many things in this case, this incident raises more questions in my mind than it answers.

:dunno:

I can see the logic in LE wanting to sew up all loopholes, but can they really afford to go full bore like this on every supposed Lisa sighting that comes in? They said a few weeks ago that there had been over 900, so how many have there been since then?? I am just really puzzled as to why this tip, why this baby. If they aren't unleashing this type of effort on every reported sighting, then it seems that the selectivity would raise the specter of reasonable doubt. I'm not saying this isn't what LE is doing, but as with so many things in this case, this incident raises more questions in my mind than it answers.

:dunno:

Seems really bizarre to me as well. Especially if the baby is only 4 months old and clearly can not be "baby Lisa."

The only thing I can think of is that she's a twin. But she and her twin sister look absolutely nothing alike. So one twin has dark hair big chubby cheeks etc. Maybe it looked like they couldn't really be twins?

Other than that I got nothin

She's got her facebook tracing the pregnancy up to delivery and pix of the babies as newborns. Just doesn't make any sense at all to me. I'm wondering what this person who called it in was thinking. ?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX
Back