The Flashlight.....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was The Flashlight The Weapon?

• Yes, The Flashlight Was The Weapon.

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • No, The Flashlight Was NOT The Weapon.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I Have No Clue!

Votes: 25 30.5%

• Total voters
Ames said:
Okay...if your daughter was MISSING...and you found her obviously dead in the basement with her wrists tied...(and a garotte around her neck....yeah, yeah...I know....JR said that he didn't notice that....yeah RIGHT!)...would you scream "I FOUND HER!".....or would you scream bloody murder...."OH MY GOD...MY POOR BABY!" And be inconsolable, and hysterical??? I just can't imagine someone "stumbling" across their dead child, and then yelling upstairs..."I FOUND HER!" Like she was hiding in the closet or something....

Ames said:
Their actions along with their inconsistant statements during interviews....raises a red flag...IMO

I thought you were asking a general question as to what "we" would do.

Nehemiah said:
I thought you were asking a general question as to what "we" would do.
I was....What would YOU do?....And then I wanted to compare it with what the Ramsey's did..

Ames said:
Well, if they had admitted it.....I would like to know how they explained away the fact that it had been wiped clean...along with the batteries? Do the Ramsey's want people to believe that the "intruder" ENTERED their house without ANY supplies....including a flashlight....and that he somehow KNEW where the Ramsey's kept theirs, so he used IT...and then wiped off his prints....YEAH RIGHT. I never knew that they had finally confirmed that it belonged to them. I had always thought that the Ramsey's denied owning it, from day ONE...and from then on. If this is true...that the Ramsey's admitted it was theirs...then that only confirms what I already knew....THEY wiped the prints clean...after they murdered their daughter.

Thank you Ames...couldn't have explained it better myself.

But where did they ever admit *that one was theirs?? I recall at the most that they admitted they had one like it.Even in DOI,JR only says that a 'maglite' type flashlight was found on the counter,but he doesn't take claim of it.I recall at most that they looked at pics of it,and that was all.

Ames said:
I was....What would YOU do?....And then I wanted to compare it with what the Ramsey's did..

I just don't think it's possible for a person to know or predict what he/she would do in a situation such as where one's child is tragically killed or murdered.

JMO8778 said:
But where did they ever admit *that one was theirs?? I recall at the most that they admitted they had one like it.Even in DOI,JR only says that a 'maglite' type flashlight was found on the counter,but he doesn't take claim of it.I recall at most that they looked at pics of it,and that was all.
Another poster said that they finally confirmed that it was theirs....I didn't know that they had either. I wonder why in the world, the cops didn't ask John to SHOW THEM HIS flashlight....since the one on the counter belonged to the "intruder".

Ames said:
Another poster said that they finally confirmed that it was theirs....I didn't know that they had either. I wonder why in the world, the cops didn't ask John to SHOW THEM HIS flashlight....since the one on the counter belonged to the "intruder".
I read recently, here I thought, that John was shown the flashlight and it the outside color was different, and the police said that was from the testing and then John said it was his.:cool:

Solace said:
I read recently, here I thought, that John was shown the flashlight and it the outside color was different, and the police said that was from the testing and then John said it was his.:cool:

Yep, this is where I read that too. I can't remember that posters "hat"...and I don't know where they got that info. from. Still though...when the flashlight on the counter was FOUND, and John said that it wasn't his (at first)....the cops should have said.."Oh really, John? Well, why don't you go and get YOURS for us?" Then, John wouldn't have been able to FIND his...because it was HIS that was left out on the counter...and not that invisible intruders. That would have cut down on the denials...."John: Well, it LOOKS like ours, but its a different color. " etc.

Ames said:
Yep, this is where I read that too. I can't remember that posters "hat"...and I don't know where they got that info. from. Still though...when the flashlight on the counter was FOUND, and John said that it wasn't his (at first)....the cops should have said.."Oh really, John? Well, why don't you go and get YOURS for us?" Then, John wouldn't have been able to FIND his...because it was HIS that was left out on the counter...and not that invisible intruders. That would have cut down on the denials...."John: Well, it LOOKS like ours, but its a different color. " etc.
You should have been at the house that day!!!

Solace said:
You should have been at the house that day!!!

Shoot yeah, if I had of been there...things would have gone ALOT differently. John and Patsy would have went straight to jail for questioning....PP wouldn't have been allowed to raid the premises, all of the Ramsey's friends would have been ordered OUT OF THE HOUSE...the POLICE and investigators would have been THE ONLY ones allowed to search the house...and alot more questions would have been asked.

How did the flashlight play a part in the murder? Where was the flashlight when Patsy struck JonBenet with it?

My guess would be that Patsy replaced the flashlight right where she found it...the kitchen counter.

Remember on Christmas day....John went to the airport to "check the airplane" and load some presents before their trip to Charlevoix.

Patsy told detectives that the maglight belonged to John and was used by John to inspect his airplane and also to dig around in the garage.

John's flashlight was not in the wet bar drawer where it is normally kept. So my belief is that the maglight was John Ramseys.

Toltec said:
How did the flashlight play a part in the murder? Where was the flashlight when Patsy struck JonBenet with it?

My guess would be that Patsy replaced the flashlight right where she found it...the kitchen counter.

Remember on Christmas day....John went to the airport to "check the airplane" and load some presents before their trip to Charlevoix.

Patsy told detectives that the maglight belonged to John and was used by John to inspect his airplane and also to dig around in the garage.

John's flashlight was not in the wet bar drawer where it is normally kept. So my belief is that the maglight was John Ramseys.
Oh shoot yeah, it belonged to the Ramsey's. Who else could it have belonged to...the invisible intruder? LOL I do not believe that it was the initial instrument used for the first head blow, though. I think that she was thrown against a tub or a sink....the flashlight could have played a role in the staging, though...I believe it was used as a prop...to make the investigators think that it belonged to the intruder.

BlueCrab said:
The Ramseys did not deny owning the flashlight. They said it resembled theirs, except the color was different. The Ramsey's 3-cell Mag-Lite was black; but in the photo of the flashlight shown to the Ramseys the color of the light was a mottled gray. The cops then admitted they had chemically tested the light trying to lift fingerprints from it. The chemicals changed its color.

When this was explained to the Ramseys they confirmed it was their flashlight.
When did they confirm this?

In the interview from august 2000 JR still does not accept the flashlight as his but goes on about it being different. Are you saying it took plus 4 years to explain to the R's why the flashlight appeared filthy in the pictures???

10 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, I know

11 that you were asked questions about a black

12 metal flashlight that was found in the house.

13 We have developed, since '98, some

14 information about that flashlight I would

15 like to ask you just a little bit about.

16 Is that the flashlight that you

17 habitually used, say for example, if your

18 power went out and you had candles lit in

19 your house? Do you know?

20 A. Not necessarily. And I don't

21 know that that was my flashlight
. The

22 picture I saw, and I think I commented at

23 the time, was that that one was very dirty.

24 My flashlight, while it looked to be the

25 same size, mine was clean. And my son gave

1 it to me for a present. So that was the

2 issue that I saw. It kind of looks like

3 mine, but it's certainly filthy.

tumble said:

In the interview from august 2000 JR still does not accept the flashlight as his but goes on about it being different. Are you saying it took plus 4 years to explain to the R's why the flashlight appeared filthy in the pictures???

tumble,

John Ramsey doesn't miss a beat when it comes to throwing people under the bus and trying to further confuse the case. He's lying about the flashlight because he knows better. During the police interviews when Patsy raised the same question about the color of the flashlight she readily accepted the explanation why it was now grey and not black.

BlueCrab

tumble said:

10 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, I know

11 that you were asked questions about a black

12 metal flashlight that was found in the house.

13 We have developed, since '98, some

14 information about that flashlight I would

15 like to ask you just a little bit about.

16 Is that the flashlight that you

17 habitually used, say for example, if your

18 power went out and you had candles lit in

19 your house? Do you know?

20 A. Not necessarily. And I don't

21 know that that was my flashlight . The

22 picture I saw, and I think I commented at

23 the time, was that that one was very dirty.

24 My flashlight, while it looked to be the

25 same size, mine was clean. And my son gave

1 it to me for a present. So that was the

2 issue that I saw. It kind of looks like

3 mine, but it's certainly filthy.
Why not. It took something like a year and a half to get the clothes John and Patsy were wearing. They let Pam go in and pick up whatever she wanted even providing her with "police clothese" to fool photographers. If it weren't so pathetic, it would be funny and think of the jokes that could be made. But the case is a heartbreaker and nothing at all is funny.

Solace said:
Why not. It took something like a year and a half to get the clothes John and Patsy were wearing. They let Pam go in and pick up whatever she wanted even providing her with "police clothese" to fool photographers. If it weren't so pathetic, it would be funny and think of the jokes that could be made. But the case is a heartbreaker and nothing at all is funny.
Strangest kind of parasol of persecution I ever did see or hear tell about. How can any rational thinking person not see that if you or I or they did something like this we'd not be given the same treatment we'd be hauled in approximately 3 minutes after the cuffs were firmly in place and that is a fact. The rest would have been history.

Solace said:
It didn't take a year and a half to get the clothes that JR and PR were wearing. It took the BPD a year to ask for the clothes. They were turned over immediately.

Trose said:
It didn't take a year and a half to get the clothes that JR and PR were wearing. It took the BPD a year to ask for the clothes. They were turned over immediately.
Well at this point I'd like to say something totally not like me at all, but since that wouldn't be appropriate, I'll just ask for your source of information regarding this. It seems to differ with Thomas's book.

Trose said:
Trose, I believe it took a year and a half to even get the DA to authorize this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld
Back