The Grand Jury & Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it ever been confirmed that JRH had affairs outside of sexting? Was he sleeping with women on the side? IMO, he killed his son for something that was never going to happen. He thought that he could live the life of a single man where is he is having sex with college girls all the time. But there's no way that would happen. If I'm a cute girl in college and want a hookup, why the hell would I choose JRH? Even women who really aren't all that attractive can hook up with guys 100x cuter than JRH. Sending pictures on an app means nothing...you can easily send flattering photos or send ones where your face isn't showing. He thought that he could hook up with women, more attractive than his wife, and there's absolutely no way that would happen. My guess is that he found the app and got a conflated sense of how "hot" he is based on attention on that app.

So.... no tweets today from the jury selection??

TIA! :wave:

So.... no tweets today from the jury selection??

TIA! :wave:

:wave: Hiya Niner!

Court officials have summoned between 300 and 350 people to form a giant jury pool that, they hope, will yield 12 impartial jurors and some alternates to hear one of the biggest trials in recent Cobb County history.

Potential jurors are in the jury assembly room filing out a 17-page questionnaire which asks questions that attorneys on both sides will use during individual questioning.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harris-trial/ross-harris-hot-car-case-jury-selection-day-2/211274758

Hundreds of Cobb County residents filled out questionnaires asking them about their experience with online sex, baby car seats and crime TV.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/r...cuses-on-sex-car-seats-and-crime-tv/129546046

Here's the questionnaire:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/308203434/Ross-Harris-Juror-Questionnaire

Potential jurors for the trial of a Georgia man accused of intentionally leaving his toddler son in a hot SUV to die filled out a 17-page questionnaire Tuesday to help the lawyers pick a qualified jury.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/1...oxnews/national+(Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)

1460485030539.jpg

JRH looks awful!

Marking my spot in this sad case.
JH gives me the creeps. At this point I believe he's guilty.
My .02.

Here's my 2 cents: I totally agree. If I were in that jury pool, I would have to disqualify myself because I think everything he did that day was planned and on purpose.

There he sits in the courtroom, and the miracle who was given to him and his then-wife is gone by his own hand. :(

Live report on FoxNews just said defense filed a couple of motions today, one of which requests that the jury be allowed to physically view the SUV and to visit certain "key" locations in the case. Reporter said probably JRH's workplace and possible the restaurant, etc.

I heard today, it is the prosecution that filed the motion. Don't have a link. Heard it on the news.

Live report on FoxNews just said defense filed a couple of motions today, one of which requests that the jury be allowed to physically view the SUV and to visit certain "key" locations in the case. Reporter said probably JRH's workplace and possible the restaurant, etc.

Holy Cow -- why don't they just bring in a grill and throw him on it???

Whatever, defense. I hope the judge agrees. I guess they want to show how easy it was for JRH to not be able to see the child and the child-seat. A lot of folks put special mirrors in the car just to be able to see the child. Whatever. SMH. Maybe some WS'er could think of why the defense would want this.

Ah, okay, it was the prosecutors who filed the motion. That makes more sense:

[video=twitter;719902149476499456]https://twitter.com/RElliotWSB/status/719902149476499456[/video]
Richard Elliot ✔ ‎@RElliotWSB
New motions in the Ross Harris hot car death murder trial. Prosecutors want jurors to see the car and the scene.

Here's my 2 cents: I totally agree. If I were in that jury pool, I would have to disqualify myself because I think everything he did that day was planned and on purpose.

There he sits in the courtroom, and the miracle who was given to him and his then-wife is gone by his own hand. :(

I totally agree with you. I think the computer searches about animal car seat deaths in heat have sealed his fate and rightly so. What normal person would search or want to know about this? I'm glad he looks dreadful I hope he is haunted day and night by what he has done for the rest of his life but unfortunately I don't believe he has a conscience if he did he would never have done this.

Thanks to all of you for all your news updates and discussion about the case it is much appreciated.

Hello old friends. I just saw on the news that this trial is starting - so I'm going to catch up on reading the threads.

Will this be televised?

Is Leanna still in jeopardy? I'm not so sure that she is innocent in this. JMO

The MDJ article mentioned how 15-20 media agencies, including BBC, Reuters, AP, CNN, FOX News, Atlanta's ABC, NBC, and CBS stations, have all applied to send representatives to the trial. That's eight media outlets right there. I can speculate on who the rest of them are: Birmingham media outlets, other Atlanta media outlets not mentioned like the AJC, ABC, NBC, possibly People Magazine, Daily Mail, etc. It's obvious the case will receive national coverage but it remains to be seen to what extent. The media probably doesn't even know yet; they have to see how much interest there is first. HLN has been covering jury selection but they haven't announced yet whether they will cover the trial live. Maybe they have decided they will not, or maybe they haven't made a decision yet. If they did, there's no reason to not announce it. I maintain that HLN will give the case the most media attention out of all the national media, regardless if they cover the trial live or not. I said before that I think we will see a substantial increase in attention when the verdict is due to come in. But for the 5 weeks prior to that, who knows? There is a crazy election going on.

At this point, I do feel like there is a lot of hype regarding the coverage. It's similiar to a movie coming out and the advertising for it calling it "the biggest movie of the summer" before we even get box office information. For example, the MDJ article says "huge media interest" with 15-20 media agencies applying to cover the case. I did a search for trial "media agencies" to see what it was in other cases. I found a document saying that 52 media agencies applied to cover OJ Simpson's Las Vegas trial (for which he is currently in jail). I wouldn't be surprised if the 15-20 number increases as the trial goes on, but saying there's huge media interest in a trial that as of right now, has less than half the amount of media interest there was in OJ's Vegas trial seems like it doesn't match up.

15-20 agencies for a non-celebrity trial seems like a pretty good amount to me!

Has it ever been confirmed that JRH had affairs outside of sexting? Was he sleeping with women on the side? IMO, he killed his son for something that was never going to happen. He thought that he could live the life of a single man where is he is having sex with college girls all the time. But there's no way that would happen. If I'm a cute girl in college and want a hookup, why the hell would I choose JRH? Even women who really aren't all that attractive can hook up with guys 100x cuter than JRH. Sending pictures on an app means nothing...you can easily send flattering photos or send ones where your face isn't showing. He thought that he could hook up with women, more attractive than his wife, and there's absolutely no way that would happen. My guess is that he found the app and got a conflated sense of how "hot" he is based on attention on that app.

Yes, in the preliminary hearing there was testimony about him meeting a woman at a park and having sex with her there.

Yes, in the preliminary hearing there was testimony about him meeting a woman at a park and having sex with her there.

I can only imagine what she must have looked like and/or or the amount of drug addiction and mental illness she must suffer from...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper