The Jury Hangs - Justice Delayed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they offer him 2nd degree, he will likely get 13 years.
His lawyers know he won't be acquitted, so such a deal should be a no-brainer for him.

Borndem, if I remember correctly, the first jury split was 6-6, then the second split was 8-4.:twocents:

Thanks, gorealtors -- How soon we (I) forget!

Anyway, my question still stands... What are the chances that he would take a plea? Hmmmm, I say no, but I would be okay with a plea if the number of years to serve was 15 -- 20, minimum of 12 which, IMO, is cheap, cheap, cheap.
icon8.gif

At least it would allow little C. to grow up and be an adult before the slayer would have any access to her, and then it would be 100% her choice whether to ever see him again.

Even with the C.A. trial fiasco I still worry that people don't understand what beyond a reasonable doubt means...many people seem to think it means they cannot have any doubt at all, about anything in the case. Others seems to think every piece of evidence in a trial has to be proved as being 'beyond a doubt.' And finally, other people have no clue what counts as evidence in a trial.

And no matter how many times they hear the proper terms and proper definitions, they still don't get it.

This is when I think professional juries who actually have to understand the law (and demonstrate they understand the law) would be better. The intelligence of the average person seems to have declined, and attention spans are very short. Sad.

Plus, if he walks out of prison at age 50, he still owes the Fisher's $12,500,000 and will be a convicted violent felon.

Can somebody tell me how to start a new subject/person/crime? I'm trying to find out if this crime has been discussed, put it in the search area, but came up with nothing.

Cheyenne Emery Yarley.

Joshua Andrew Stepp, 28,

Raleigh man facing death penalty in stepdaughter's death

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9875021/

This is a 10 month old little girl, and if I read it correctly, jury selection has begun.

At least it would allow little C. to grow up and be an adult before the *** would have any access to her, and then it would be 100% her choice whether to ever see him again.

Even with the C.A. trial fiasco I still worry that people don't understand what beyond a reasonable doubt means...many people seem to think it means they cannot have any doubt at all, about anything in the case. Others seems to think every piece of evidence in a trial has to be proved as being 'beyond a doubt.' And finally, other people have no clue what counts as evidence in a trial.

And no matter how many times they hear the proper terms and proper definitions, they still don't get it.

This is when I think professional juries who actually have to understand the law (and demonstrate they understand the law) would be better. The intelligence of the average person seems to have declined, and attention spans are very short. Sad.

ITA -- I think between the Law & Order and CIS type shows, jurors seem to think that every piece of evidence has to make sense and has to point straight to the defendant. If it doesn't or if there's not solid evidence for everything that occurred in the crime -- murder weapon not produced or no fingerprints or no DNA, then there's your doubt. And if the jury foreperson feels that way, he/she can steer the jurors to doubt....

Also, somehow jurors must think that any gut feelings based on witness testimony or evidence can't be used in their deliberations because it's "emotions." I'm not saying that because the defendant has an old scar on his face that he must be guilty, or if the defendant just looks too nice, he can't be guilty -- I'm talking about the gut feeling one would get from listening to the LEO's, and/or listening to people who grew up with the defendant or considering how the defense did not show why it couldn't have happened that way, etc., etc. -- I'm talking about the gut feeling that comes from common sense.

It's a phenomenon that seems to be occurring more and more often. Is it jury selection or is it their not paying attention to their instructions, or what? (Or is that just me?)

Can somebody tell me how to start a new subject/person/crime? I'm trying to find out if this crime has been discussed, put it in the search area, but came up with nothing.

Cheyenne Emery Yarley.

Joshua Andrew Stepp, 28,

Raleigh man facing death penalty in stepdaughter's death

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9875021/

This is a 10 month old little girl, and if I read it correctly, jury selection has begun.

Oh my gosh, GL, thank you for asking this. I was just trying to find this guy on the NC Corrections website. He must be the worst of the worst. I hope the trial is streamed....if not, you or somebody please get a thread on here going. I can't believe how vile some of these darn men in NC are.

Oh my gosh, GL, thank you for asking this. I was just trying to find this guy on the NC Corrections website. He must be the worst of the worst. I hope the trial is streamed....if not, you or somebody please get a thread on here going. I can't believe how vile some of these darn men in NC are.

I wanted to get a thread going, but have no idea how to start one. Looked and looked at the front page of WS's, to no avail. I agree, 'not the brightest bulb in the box' here. :banghead: Thought maybe some other local would know how to do it? Waving to the old crowd..... Hey, NC East!:seeya:

I wanted to get a thread going, but have no idea how to start one. Looked and looked at the front page of WS's, to no avail. I agree, 'not the brightest bulb in the box' here. :banghead: Thought maybe some other local would know how to do it? Waving to the old crowd..... Hey, NC East!:seeya:

Hi Gracie,

I think you just click on Trials (the link before Michelle Young on this page) and then click on New Thread (it's about half way down the page on the left). Then you would type in the name and there you go. I tried it, but didn't finish, and it worked.

Hey girl! If you get a thread going please post it on here so we will know where to go.
If Shepps or whatever his name is has half a brain, he should plead guilty during the first 2 minutes of court and be done with it. I'm not even certain I could listen to the ME's report on this one. So darn evil.

Hi Gracie,

I think you just click on Trials (the link before Michelle Young on this page) and then click on New Thread (it's about half way down the page on the left). Then you would type in the name and there you go. I tried it, but didn't finish, and it worked.

I'm thinking maybe I can't start new threads, because I don't see any 'new thread' thingie. I've searched and searched. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho