Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Born,

I will send you the letter through email, or PM if you'd like. I'm not at home now, as I work 50+ hours a week to pay for law school. Ahh! When I'm around my PC next ill msg you. It just gave them encouragement to consider retrying, as the evidence was there and they truly had very few people left as fence-sitters. Blada blada. I mentioned the few points we had that they presented and made a grey picture when they should have been black/white. Just the points like the bush/twig nonsense, the lack of pounding on nothing being stolen (purse, etc), the connecting the dots that just can't be assumed without evidence. Plenty more, obviously, and written in a sympathetic/partnership way. You'd approve, I do believe. :)

Although I did forget one thing in the letter...I forgot to mention how we nominated BH to be in the book of world records for "saying um, uh and er" the most times in a consecutive 14 day timespan. I should probably call and notify them that they are coming to judge it next trial, and we would like to encourage her to not qualify for this title. Speechclasses necessary.

Born,

I will send you the letter through email, or PM if you'd like. I'm not at home now, as I work 50+ hours a week to pay for law school. Ahh! When I'm around my PC next ill msg you. It just gave them encouragement to consider retrying, as the evidence was there and they truly had very few people left as fence-sitters. Blada blada. I mentioned the few points we had that they presented and made a grey picture when they should have been black/white. Just the points like the bush/twig nonsense, the lack of pounding on nothing being stolen (purse, etc), the connecting the dots that just can't be assumed without evidence. Plenty more, obviously, and written in a sympathetic/partnership way. You'd approve, I do believe. :)

Although I did forget one thing in the letter...I forgot to mention how we nominated BH to be in the book of world records for "saying um, uh and er" the most times in a consecutive 14 day timespan. I should probably call and notify them that they are coming to judge it next trial, and we would like to encourage her to not qualify for this title. Speechclasses necessary.
:wave:
Well, bless your hard-working heart, :heartbeat: Dink!! Emailing the copy to me would be great. Let me know if you need my address. And you're right, I am sure I would approve of what you sent -- you are both reasonable, intelligent, and one who will not be moved. You knew to whom you were writing when you put your letter together. And ya nevah know, you might end up working with one of them before it's all over... (!!) Ya never know, Dink... And who knoze, maybe some little part (or big part) of your letter will ignite the spark that ends up burning down the house (so to speak) of JLY, and sends him running to the pokey for the rest of his life. And Real Tears would be nice to see.
icon10.gif

And surely, Shirely, BH would rather win the conviction than to be the Um, Er, Ahh World Champeen.

And another :clap: and thanks for taking the time to do it -- since you're not all that busy, huh??!!

If you care to answer, what type of law are you/will you practice?

Good on you, Dink. Keep slugging and fighting for truth, justice and the American way. *

:hero: :justice:

* You're way too young to know where that phrase was used.... If ya gotta know, I'll tell ya later!

OT////Just posted on the Young hung jury thread, but thought I'd put it here since we seem to be using both.
The Kinston, NC missing woman Laura Ackerson's remains--dismembered--have been found in Texas. Her ex-boyfriend and wife were arrested this morning.

OT////Just posted on the Young hung jury thread, but thought I'd put it here since we seem to be using both.
The Kinston, NC missing woman Laura Ackerson's remains--dismembered--have been found in Texas. Her ex-boyfriend and wife were arrested this morning.

Hi, NCEast - :seeya:

More OT, but where to put it???

Yep - I saw that, dammit. I, like you and probably so many of us -- in NC at least -- had a bad feeling about Ackerson... she was missing too long & it sounded like she wouldn't have just taken off with someone and left her children (and car) behind. Oh, people are so mean. What in the world is the story on this one? Those poor children. <sigh> This case may be another one for us Ws'ers.... Makes me wanna holler......again. I guess we'll wait for a little more and then we might want to make a new thread if there is enuff interest. I don't know how that is determined....

Hope you're doing well -- think good thoughts about the ADA team for Michelle Young. They have GOT to have a solid, good-ADA-bad-ADA approach, with some in-your-face sprinkled here & there this time. We have got to put that sorry behind some lifer-bars this time.
icon8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member