The Key: Planted or Not? Impact?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just keep coming back to 3 related facts that make this entire case suspect.

1.) He was wrongfully convicted once, with apparent hubris and disregard by the authorities.
2.) He had an active lawsuit in progress against this very organization.
3.) This same organization that wrongfully convicted him, and he had a lawsuit against him, were the ones to find some of the most damaging evidence in the case.

How that possibly sits "well" with anyone is beyond me. Guilty or not.

I just keep coming back to 3 related facts that make this entire case suspect.

1.) He was wrongfully convicted once, with apparent hubris and disregard by the authorities.
2.) He had an active lawsuit in progress against this very organization.
3.) This same organization that wrongfully convicted him, and he had a lawsuit against him, were the ones to find some of the most damaging evidence in the case.

How that possibly sits "well" with anyone is beyond me. Guilty or not.

Honestly, I think there are people out there who just WANT him to be guilty because he's gross to them. He's trash, he lives on a junkyard, he's "that kind of people".

The key makes it much more likely that other evidence is not real.

What about the evidence that the cops moved the car? That cop clearly called in that he found the car before it was found in the lot - he asked them to check the owner of a license plate - and it was Theresa and then he confirms its a toyota. What other reason could there be for calling that car in?

This makes all of the evidence in the car completely out of the equation for me as well, especially since her blood and hair in the car are not compatible with the story that he killed her in the house.

I have a question. Prior to Brendan ever coming into the picture, what was the theory that police were going by as to how and where Teresa was killed? Or did they even have one at that point?

I have a question. Prior to Brendan ever coming into the picture, what was the theory that police were going by as to how and where Teresa was killed? Or did they even have one at that point?

By the way they feed and lead Dassey into the false confessions was their theory. This way they could get the other warrant for 2 days in March so they can find the bullet that proved their theory. The bullet that was tested for DNA but the protocol was deviated from for this case alone, Lab Analysis had never done it before. Any other case would have been considered inconclusive. She also says that the DNA from the bullet she didn't contaminate was from Teresa Halbach. But she could not say if the DNA came from SWEAT, blood, saliva, etc. She only was able to tell you that the Nucleated Cells she tested were positive for her DNA.

Hey everyone!

I've been watching this feed with particular interest over the last few days while my membership was verified and I have to say that the key has always been an interesting factor for me.

First of all I completely agree with the points being made by other members but the validity of the key definitely calls in to question the entire case and makes you wonder what else may or may not be genuine. I keep going back to that blood, which seems incredibly convenient, is the opposite side of the wheel to the cut on Avery's finger and has the same pattern you would get from using a brush. The key is the most suspicious item for me, but it leads me to further question the other evidence.

I watched the documentary back again the other day and I spotted the bedside cabinet in question in the sheriff's departments video that they took of the scene. In this picture you can see that the cabinet has a few items stacked upon it, items that are also in the picture with the key (paper, a remote, a receipt). I seriously struggle to believe that this cabinet was shook but the LE had time to replace the items on top before snapping the picture of the key.

It's also obvious that certain books have been moved, so how could they have not found the key while moving the objects originally? Or lets say those books fell out while looking for the key, why did they feel the need to replace the books in order for the picture of the key to be taken? Why not take a picture of the key AND the book it supposedly feel from?

Surely it breaks all kinds of investigating rules to shake a cabinet to the extent an object falls out? They could have damaged and destroyed a whole heap of evidence by doing so?

I don't know. I just think the key seems pretty dodgy!

The key evidence is definitely cause for question. If it was planted by LE, then it raises questions about the remaining evidence. If it was discovered the way that LE says, there's the problem of only SA's DNA found on it. If he scrubbed the key of Teresa's DNA, there is no way that he would then carelessly add his own DNA onto that key. So then it would seem that if not LE, someone else with access to his home planted it. So whatever SA's guilt or innocence, the key was probably planted, IMO.

Welcome KayCeryn1990!

My comment about the key is from personal experience. I have a similar key fob that has my University logo on it (not connected to a lanyard). I had an identical one for about a year but replaced it because it looked dirty. I only carry it in my purse in a zipper compartment and obviously in my hand to open my car door, start the car, and open the front door to my home. There is NO WAY that fob doesn't have my DNA all over it. Think about how often you touch your keys - mine even looked dirty after about a year and so I'm certain it happens to other key fobs made of a similar material. I do not believe her DNA would not be on there after using her keys (if they were her keys) as she drives around a great deal for her job ....but yet SA's DNA somehow is magically on there after he had access to it for a few days?

The key evidence is definitely cause for question. If it was planted by LE, then it raises questions about the remaining evidence. If it was discovered the way that LE says, there's the problem of only SA's DNA found on it. If he scrubbed the key of Teresa's DNA, there is no way that he would then carelessly add his own DNA onto that key. So then it would seem that if not LE, someone else with access to his home planted it. So whatever SA's guilt or innocence, the key was probably planted, IMO.

Problem is that the yard was a crime scene, i twas closed off and was being watched for 8 days by law enforcement, with checkpoints and everything. So the only ones on that lot during those 8 days were the LE and people they allowed through the check points. The key and other evidence was not found until the 8th. The Key was not found until the 3rd day on the property, and the 7th search of the house. They also collected a box of .22 shells but did not preserve the fingerprints. In Dassey's transcript it seems that Kucharski's team of 3 manitowoc sheriff's officers, Lenk Colborn and Remiker were always on one team. One investigator from Calumet to 3 Manitowoc always. Seems like Calumet was just a babysitter to the investigation being done by Manitowoc. He also makes it seems that it was asked of him by his superiors to be the one searching, his trailer, jandas trailer the garage. With 200 people there to search why was it only this team that found something. They want you to believe that if there was corruption everyone was in on it. However it seems that the corruption could be just from the team of 4 or so that always seem to be there when key pieces of evidence have been found that linked Teresa directly to Avery's home and garage. Everything else on the lot, The car, the fire pit, even the barrel were out in the open, and anyone on the lot had access to those places. But that key, the coerced confession for a search warrant, and that Bullet, were the main things that connected Avery to Teresa's murder.

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but in this picture of TH, she's obviously holding her camera, but if you look real close, you can see she's holding something else in her almost closed hand. It looks like her keys, plural. That supports the idea that she used a key chain with more than one key on it on a daily basis.

http://i.imgur.com/TCRvTka.jpg

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but in this picture of TH, she's obviously holding her camera, but if you look real close, you can see she's holding something else in her almost closed hand. It looks like her keys, plural. That supports the idea that she used a key chain with more than one key on it on a daily basis.

http://i.imgur.com/TCRvTka.jpg

This picture also shows her turn signal light in the front and her wheel well in place. What happened and when did it happen that these were broken? In Evidence photos, the light was now in the back of the Rav4 but the wheel well was not.

This picture also shows her turn signal light in the front and her wheel well in place. What happened and when did it happen that these were broken? In Evidence photos, the light was now in the back of the Rav4 but the wheel well was not.

The damage happened via the machinery used to move the car. In terms of the keys, I have to believe that there are people that know definitively if she had other keys on her ring.

That picture is not one that I'd use to make my point, as I can't really tell. I believe she had more keys.

Watch 'Making a Murderer' Lawyer Discuss the Benefits of Web Sleuths

small write up and video. He discusses the photo of TH with a "set" of keys.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news...-discuss-the-benefits-of-web-sleuths-20160119

Interesting - so how do we know if the key found in Avery's house was the actual key with which the Rav4 was driven out there ? I can't imagine Teresa not having other keys with her unless she misplaced her regular set including housekeys and had to use a backup Toyota key to do her job that day.

In Netflix Part7, Sgt. Colborn was asked why none of the three investigators searching Steven's bedroom touched the key Lt. Lenk saw laying on the floor next to the bookcase.

His response was that "All three of them knew this was a very important piece of evidence".

How the h*ll would they know at that point that the key on the floor was the key to TH's RAV4 ? The Averys ran a junkyard with hundreds of cars and probably had hundreds of keys. At that point in time, the key could've been to any car on the lot.

In Netflix Part7, Sgt. Colborn was asked why none of the three investigators searching Steven's bedroom touched the key Lt. Lenk saw laying on the floor next to the bookcase.

His response was that "All three of them knew this was a very important piece of evidence".

How the h*ll would they know at that point that the key on the floor was the key to TH's RAV4 ? The Averys ran a junkyard with hundreds of cars and probably had hundreds of keys. At that point in time, the key could've been to any car on the lot.

Maybe they all knew it was important because they just watched two guys drop it there? And they certainly didn't want to touch it and risk DNA falling off of it. Look how easily Halbach's DNA fell off of it and that was while they were being careful. Imagine how much DNA would have fallen off of it if everyone in the room bum rushed it.

Yeah he should have worded that as "we all knew that any potential evidence found needs to be properly collected and packaged for later testing and that meant we should not touch it."

In that case, I'd like to know if they collected all of the Toyota keys from the Avery salvage yard so they could all be tested in the Rav4.

Or just the one key they already knew started the Rav4 ...

but but but.... the other officer that was with them, the babysitter, did indeed pick it up and hold it so they could verify that it was a toyota key. Oh and.... he was just sitting on SA's bed doing his paper work and IIRC he didn't change his gloves. I wonder where that trace DNA could have come from.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back