The Key: Planted or Not? Impact?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:alien3:

It's obvious IMO that there is no way that shelf was twisted, pulled and shaken. So why lie about it? unless you are trying to justify it mysteriously appearing? That key was a pretty big find.... so big that they stopped everything and took pictures... oh wait... they meticulously put everything back into the shelf first (did they get any SA DNA on them while doing that?).... they knew it was big though! Sooooooo big, that Colborn didn't put it in the report? Or as Buting puts it.... didn't want to commit his story to paper!

As for the other evidence.... all the evidence is questionable.... I have found no evidence that isn't. It's the craziest thing. The bones in the barrel (more than 3 btw), the bones at the quarry.... the bones in the burnpit... none were documented properly! The RAV4.... the blood.... the electronics.... the license plates.... all was found in easily accessible spots.

JMO I will keep speculating because this investigation (or lack of) has given every reason to speculate.

What kills me is that the bones being found in several different places is clear evidence of planting rather than anything else. It's like hiding Easter eggs. You don't put all the eggs in one basket. You want to make sure you give the kiddies plenty of opportunities to find those eggs, even if you have to put them in the most obvious places!

Guess what everyone!!! I think you all should be checking in at http://www.stevenaverycase.org They have been organizing the stuff that was posted, taking the (new)'s out of the titles, re organized the photos too. Think they are getting ready to post some new documents and pictures for us. Keep your eyes open! Smiles

Guess what everyone!!! I think you all should be checking in at http://www.stevenaverycase.org They have been organizing the stuff that was posted, taking the (new)'s out of the titles, re organized the photos too. Think they are getting ready to post some new documents and pictures for us. Keep your eyes open! Smiles

thank goodness LOL it was hard to find stuff on there since they added so much! I thought I read on reddit that it might not be for another week or so for more docs. The guy running that site and the crowdfunding.... has been on reddit asking what other docs to get that may not have been part of the trial, but should be able to obtain, like Calumet police reports/audio.

In regards to how the cops have the key:

Colborn finds the car, calls in the plates, calls the boss, jimmy's the door open, searches around, finds the key in the console attached to the lanyard neck piece. Removes the fob. Is told to move the car on to the Avery lot. Wipes the car down. Gives the key to his superior Lenk. Lenk washes the key. Gets in a situation to plant evidence. Distracts the watchdog. Lenk drops the key on the floor with the slippers. Done

JMO
Now waiting for Zellner's proof something similar to this happened.

In regards to how the cops have the key:

Colborn finds the car, calls in the plates, calls the boss, jimmy's the door open, searches around, finds the key in the console attached to the lanyard neck piece. Removes the fob. Is told to move the car on to the Avery lot. Wipes the car down. Gives the key to his superior Lenk. Lenk washes the key. Gets in a situation to plant evidence. Distracts the watchdog. Lenk drops the key on the floor with the slippers. Done

JMO
Now waiting for Zellner's proof something similar to this happened.

I think it's also possible that they came across the RAV4 on his property (put there by someone else?), it was unlocked.... they found the spare in her middle console. Planted the blood, wiped down the vehicle.... and locked the doors.

I am 90% convinced that the RAV4 was towed there... how close it is to the other vehicle, the damage, the thought that if someone drove it there.... how did they get back to wherever they came from?

Even if she was using that key that day.... where are her other keys?????? NO ONE has found them.... where are they? Where is her purse and/or wallet???? if they were burned with the electronics... there is no evidence of them, no snaps, not half burnt id, nothing. Most purses have buckles, rings, snaps, zippers, but we have nothing.

I think it's also possible that they came across the RAV4 on his property (put there by someone else?), it was unlocked.... they found the spare in her middle console. Planted the blood, wiped down the vehicle.... and locked the doors.

I am 90% convinced that the RAV4 was towed there... how close it is to the other vehicle, the damage, the thought that if someone drove it there.... how did they get back to wherever they came from?

Even if she was using that key that day.... where are her other keys?????? NO ONE has found them.... where are they? Where is her purse and/or wallet???? if they were burned with the electronics... there is no evidence of them, no snaps, not half burnt id, nothing. Most purses have buckles, rings, snaps, zippers, but we have nothing.

I'm not sure. I think it was found in the quarry, and driven in. I don't think they would have towed it to much to be involved. As for getting out of there. Someone could have followed and stayed in the quarry near by. he just had to walk back over there and hop in whomever was waiting for him. Lenk maybe.

IMO,

All of TH other possessions were burnt up in a crematorium/furnace JUST like she was.

The evidence that needed to be planted, ( bones, phone, rivets,etc ) was removed and moved.

Why is it that the only incriminating evidence is found by two officers who shouldn't have even been on the scene for any reason.

Why is it that the only incriminating evidence is found by two officers who shouldn't have even been on the scene for any reason.

That would be a 36 million dollar question, wouldn't it? ;-)

I don't think it was all found by them.... but I think MCSD being on, having access too, and actively searching crucial area's of the property, is definitely questionable.

My apologies for re-opening an older thread but this is the most appropriate topic for my comments. I'm new to the case and as I make my way through the evidence, I think of things that I'm sure have been hashed out before but I wanted to gather thoughts on this.

My dad and brother have worked at an auto wreckers yard for a combined 65 years. I've been thinking about the Rav4 on the salvage lot. I suppose most people believe, if they believe SA put it there, that he would crush it in time. I got to thinking about all the keys for all the vehicles in the yard and so I asked my bro what's normal procedure. Here is our text convo after some context about the case.

Me: Anyhow, logistical q for you, At the yard did you leave the keys in the vehicles or keep them in a key cabinet? How do you know what cars they are for? There must be thousands of cars there.

Him: Cars that ran we took the keys out and tagged them with the stock number. Cars that didn't run the key was wired to the ignition so people didn't loose them.

Him, again: Lots of places leave the keys in the cars. We used to until someone was in for a joyride.

I'm not really sure what to make of this and I suppose it's really a non-issue but....on one hand, if the car was placed there to look and act like inventory of the yard, wouldn't the key have been left in the car, or tagged as inventory? this seems likely if SA was looking to hide this from his brothers/business partners and/or the car crushing company (sorry, blanking on the name of the company that actually owned and primarily operated the crusher). Or, the car was placed there hoping it would blend in with all the other cars and not be noticed (hence, obscuring it with debris). I mean, eventually it would be found by someone, even if by his own family at some point. So, like many, I have trouble understanding why SA would put the car there and keep the key. But, perhaps, he did a great job of planting it himself to make it look planted by someone else :confused:. If he is smart enough to do that, why not take it somewhere and torch it?

I guess in closing, the only sense I can make of the placement of the car or keeping the key is that SA was hoping it would stay hidden long enough to do something with the vehicle.

All MO.

Thanks ILoveDateline for the info :) I am curious what your brother would say about the battery being disconnected and how it was done. Here is a photo of the battery: http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-302-RAV4-Battery-Disconnected.jpg I will be honest, I don't know much about the inner mechanics of a vehicle... there is a reason I married a handy guy :biggrin: I have read opinions about how it was disconnected and how anyone with knowledge or that would do it all the time, wouldn't do it the way it was done. (make sense?LOL)

The key....

IF SA did commit the murder and moved the RAV4, why keep the key? throw it ... anywhere... on your way back to the trailer, it was a long walk, lots of opportunity! I get that killers sometimes keep trophies. But my biggest issue with the key is that it's just that, singular, A KEY, 1 KEY. It's in testimony that she had other keys. Where is her house key? her garage key? her studio key? the key to the school where she coached volleyball? And these are just the keys that I have read she was known to have for sure.

IMO the key was her spare key. Her actual "set" of keys were never found. Not at home, not at work, nowhere. The key found was on a lanyard. The other end of that lanyard was found in the middle console of her RAV4 on November 6th IIRC. Did I mention that the RAV4 was unlocked at the Crime Lab when the first investigator went there Sunday morning? It was. I have yet to see a document or explanation of how it was unlocked. (we do not have DCI reports)

Then look at the circumstances surrounding how that key was found. Colborn was frustrated and shook the bookcase, quite roughly according to his testimony. So much so that the coins and papers on the top barely moved. :eyeroll: It's just not logical to me. Even taking away the fact that it was not the first time it was searched. JMO

I think it most likely the key was planted.

Not sure how or when the two officers who weren't supposed to be participating in the investigation got hold of this key in the first place.

That it is a valet key and not the regular key seems suggestive that it might have been found at Teresa's home.

Thanks ILoveDateline for the info :) I am curious what your brother would say about the battery being disconnected and how it was done. Here is a photo of the battery: http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-302-RAV4-Battery-Disconnected.jpg I will be honest, I don't know much about the inner mechanics of a vehicle... there is a reason I married a handy guy :biggrin: I have read opinions about how it was disconnected and how anyone with knowledge or that would do it all the time, wouldn't do it the way it was done. (make sense?LOL)

The key....

IF SA did commit the murder and moved the RAV4, why keep the key? throw it ... anywhere... on your way back to the trailer, it was a long walk, lots of opportunity! I get that killers sometimes keep trophies. But my biggest issue with the key is that it's just that, singular, A KEY, 1 KEY. It's in testimony that she had other keys. Where is her house key? her garage key? her studio key? the key to the school where she coached volleyball? And these are just the keys that I have read she was known to have for sure.

IMO the key was her spare key. Her actual "set" of keys were never found. Not at home, not at work, nowhere. The key found was on a lanyard. The other end of that lanyard was found in the middle console of her RAV4 on November 6th IIRC. Did I mention that the RAV4 was unlocked at the Crime Lab when the first investigator went there Sunday morning? It was. I have yet to see a document or explanation of how it was unlocked. (we do not have DCI reports)

Then look at the circumstances surrounding how that key was found. Colborn was frustrated and shook the bookcase, quite roughly according to his testimony. So much so that the coins and papers on the top barely moved. :eyeroll: It's just not logical to me. Even taking away the fact that it was not the first time it was searched. JMO

Hi Tawny!! Long time no see:seeya:

I think it most likely the key was planted.

Not sure how or when the two officers who weren't supposed to be participating in the investigation got hold of this key in the first place.

That it is a valet key and not the regular key seems suggestive that it might have been found at Teresa's home.

or in the middle console of her RAV4 where the other half of the lanyard was. The photo's of the RAV4 in the crime lab show the middle console lid open. Most crime scene's or evidence, is photographed before it's even touched. ( I should have bolded most lol) Some of the photo's show obvious signs that things have been moved though.

I have had the thought before, but the RAV4 took hours to get to the lab (longer than it should have). No one on the scene describes seeing any blood in the vehicle. Yet the next morning, the RAV4 is unlocked, the middle console was open, and there is blood in the RAV4. hmmmm?

I can understand not seeing or noticing the blood in the back cargo area, only because the windows are tinted. But the front windows were not tinted, I personally would have looked at the ignition (for the keys), and I'm not sure, but I think someone would see the blood by the ignition. I mean, c'mon, they were able to see a small flash card with Teresa written on it through the tinted back window.

And yes.... :wave: Tawny ;-) I saw you liked my post!

Thanks ILoveDateline for the info :) I am curious what your brother would say about the battery being disconnected and how it was done. Here is a photo of the battery: http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Exhibit-302-RAV4-Battery-Disconnected.jpg I will be honest, I don't know much about the inner mechanics of a vehicle... there is a reason I married a handy guy [emoji3] I have read opinions about how it was disconnected and how anyone with knowledge or that would do it all the time, wouldn't do it the way it was done. (make sense?LOL)

The key....

Apologies for the delay in responding. I did ask my bro about the battery disconnection. Typical guy I had to pull the info out of him. He didn't quite understand my question but finally relented by saying, yes, you can disconnect a battery like that. After further proding, I got these parts: it's a quick release meant for simple electrical work, it could have been a tool less way to disconnect (wing nut) and that he wouldnt risk a quick disconnect if doing a lot of work or storage because a short can happen. This wasn't a text convo but my best recollection of a face to face conversation. I too have handy men around for a reason. It's probably to my detriment never having to dealing with auto mechanics. I know very little myself.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Hi Angela! :seeya:

I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering where you have been. Hope all is well with you!!!

Anyway~~I was wondering when KZ should have some new news on the testing and the article states...
"Avery's attorney, Kathleen Zellner, of suburban Chicago has told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin that the testing should wrap-up by March".

So it looks like March we will finally have some answers one way or another...

KZ mentions the cuts on some of TH's bones which would probably equate to dismemberment IMO.

Eisenberg did testify about the cut marks, but was limited because she is not an 'expert' and couldn't say what instrument would have made those cut marks IIRC. I would imagine, those cuts could tell someone a lot, if they were done before or after the burning, but I don't think the testimony ever went that far. JMO

Also.... one thing that did come out in testimony is that the bones that were found in the barrel, represented bones from all over the body, which doesn't completely rule out dismemberment, but it did indicate that not just one body part was burned in the barrel.... and other parts in the fire pit.

This document entered into evidence shows the bones found in the barrel and in the quarry.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...berg-Pics-of-Cut-Marks-on-Halbach-Remains.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back