The Laptop Computer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jenifred said:
But he'd have to get rid of it quick--you think he'd pass it off to a local friend or mail it out to family? Seems the mailing part might leave a trace.
He could have stashed it someplace, and then picked it up on his way to Utah. IF he is the perp, then he's already proven that he's good at hiding things.

golfmom said:
You know, the more I ponder this subject the more certain I am that Raven did in fact make a copy of his hard drive.

If you KNEW your computer was going to be *stolen* tomorrow, wouldn't you copy as much as you possibly could before hand?

I bet if LE looks hard enough, a copy might turn up somewhere of EXACTLY what was on that hard drive.
If Raven is the murder, and premeditation is a question, and he backed up his laptop a day before it was "stolen", that would answer the question about premeditation in the affirmitive.

JerseyGirl said:
I'm not thinking along the lines of friends ... I'm thinking more along the lines of family. The "us against them" mentality.
I am agreeing with you. I think his immediate family would do anything to protect him. I hope they understand the consequences of their actions. I don't know that they would feel as protective if they knew their actions might put them on trial or lead them to jail.

Moxie said:
I am agreeing with you. I think his immediate family would do anything to protect him. I hope they understand the consequences of their actions. I don't know that they would feel as protective if they knew their actions might put them on trial or lead them to jail.

Moxie, I hope that they are capable of thinking for themselves instead of just swallowing Raven's stories whole. Time and time again we've caught him out in lies. How many times does it take before they start questioning and researching for themselves the truth.

Just because a felon (NOT misdemeanor) says so, doesn't make it so!

Moxie said:
If Raven is the murder, and premeditation is a question, and he backed up his laptop a day before it was "stolen", that would answer the question about premeditation in the affirmitive.

Sure would be a strange coincidence. Do you think his family will believe it's a coincidence if a copy is found?

Here's a question. If a copy is ever discovered, will they be able to tell on what date it was created?

JerseyGirl said:
Can you imagine??? I'll tell you this much - if Raven was as into that computer as it seems, I would HIGHLY suspect that there is indeed a copy of the hard drive somewhere. I just can't see him tossing his beloved laptop too easily. Unless - like you said - he made a copy of it first.
wonder if there is a thumb drive floating around?

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kimkomando/2005-09-11-thumb-drive_x.htm

Take 4 steps to secure your thumb drive data
USB thumb drives are a handy way to store important files. Lately, they've become a very popular way of transporting data between home computers and work or school. Unless you pay attention to security, they can create big problems.

The greatest benefit of thumb drives is their portability. They slip easily into your pocket. But that's also their greatest drawback. They're easily lost or stolen, jeopardizing your sensitive data. Also, they can transfer viruses between computers.

So here are four security tips:

1. Guard it carefully

Many people are careless with thumb drives. People often leave them lying around or attach the drives to key chains. How often have you lost your keys?

Better are ones that you can attach to a cord and wear around your neck. This won't appeal to the fashion-conscious, but it helps prevent loss or theft.

Some thumb drives have cords that connect to the drive's protective removable cap. Forgo these. You want one with a cord that connects to the body of the drive.

I know someone that lost their thumb drive with a huge report on it, found it months later. Raven probably had a thumb drive.

:laugh:
juliagoulia said:
Oh Raven has lots of friends that are close and trustworthy. Don't you hear them all shouting from the rooftops that he is innocent? It's deafening!
Raven could have put the computer info on a flashdrive.....fast, small and easy to put in the VX glovebox or Acura....ohhhh.....if it was in the Acura, wasn't the Acura driven to Utah by his mother??

Opps:doh: posted before reading the rest of the posts....you guys already thought of the flash, thumb, jump drive!

Normally yes, you can tell the "Date Created" on documents by checking the properties. You can also tell the date last modified, even if it is moved to a thumb drive.

Jenifred said:
Recall Rooster's posts.

#39 [url="http://websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif"]http://websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif[/url]
http://websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 06-04-2005, 04:25 AM
Rooster http://websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_667494", true);

Dude or dudette took a lap top. And probably didn't leave it behind to be fingerprinted.
And who is "Rooster," and why should he/she be believed?

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:

Hoppy
Hoppy,

Rooster claimed he/she was a friend of Raven's and had confirming information. You are correct and Rooster could have posted lies, but I would question why would a friend of Raven's lie about the laptop being stolen?

hoppyfrog said:

Hoppy
Honestly, I would've thought you'd read deeply enough into this case to know who Rooster is....supposedly a friend or family member of Raven...some have surmised that it could be Raven himself. And you are correct, why should he/she be believed?

LTUlegal said:
Honestly, I would've thought you'd read deeply enough into this case to know who Rooster is....supposedly a friend or family member of Raven...some have surmised that it could be Raven himself. And you are correct, why should he/she be believed?
Yes, I know who Rooster "supposedly" is and what some have "surmised" about him/her.

That's not what I'm asking.

I'm asking who Rooster really is. No one has yet (to my knowledge) confirmed who he/she is.

Makes me a skeptical

Hoppy

ewwwinteresting said:
Hoppy,

Rooster claimed he/she was a friend of Raven's and had confirming information. You are correct and Rooster could have posted lies, but I would question why would a friend of Raven's lie about the laptop being stolen?
My guess is that RA has friends that are about of the same character he is. That's why.

Hoppy

:laugh:
hoppyfrog said:
My guess is that RA has friends that are about of the same character he is. That's why.

Hoppy
You mean cheating and lying and stealing? With friends like that, who needs enemies!

hoppyfrog said:

Hoppy
Cheating, Lying, Stealing, Cold Blooded Murderers?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares
Back